Brutal nasty day. Just cold, windy, bit of snow, overcast and no hope of above freezing temps for a good long while. Am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO damned tired of winter!!
Second, third and fifth that, Puddle-- Back on for now,but on Monday ATT gets switched out for Time-Warner. Brenda has T-W and says she has had no problems--and can deal with them.
It was such a nasty cold day yesterday it seemed best to draw the blinds and curl up with a good book. I pulled "Angela's Ashes" from my shelf and went to it. i had read it at least twice after it was first published--but had really forgotten what a fine writer Frank McCourt is. He has given us the essence of the Irish spirit.
Good to be back here--hope it holds over the week-end!!! Love you all.
Tuesday Night Overcast with a chance of snow. Low of 23F. Winds from the East at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 70% with accumulations up to 10 in. possible.
We should switch air currents. The weather was about 55 degrees today, sunny, warm, snow melting fast, but we need more snow.
Farmers lost 50% of the corn crop this year, hay inadequate for cows, so ranchers are selling their herds. The ground, dry, brown, and how much I love the wildflowers which were as scarce as I've ever seen in over 40 years of living here.
Aside from that, have a sinus infection, very low energy. So, off to read the new issue of Rattle on Southern poetry.
Have a sweet night tonight, a good solid sleep, and maybe sunshine sometime tomorrow?
Well. It's for Tuesday: plenty of time to change, lol! They've already changed it to 80%, and added ice pellets. I don't generally go looking for trubble that far ahead, but got a warning comparing this one to a major blizzard in 1962/same date.
Did make it all the way to town yesterday for blizzard supplies. Thus stocked up and ready to ride it out in comfort, I believe I may have assured that it will not happen.
Today was a decent day for tanner. After sleeping for the last few days he was awake most of the afternoon and evening. He even ate some salmon, watermelon and a whole can of lemonade. We played mousetrap together tonight. You should see his pole with all the IV medicines Tanner is getting. It's a lot! So far so good though.
Well they lowered the prediction to five inches last night. This morning, it's back up to seven inches, with two more to follow on Wednesday morning. I think they don't have a clue, lol!
Once again, I need to tell you just how much every single message means to me. They have brought me to tears this morning. I am so grateful for those who choose to walk this journey with us. Last night I mentioned to the nurse how puffy Tanner looked. She agreed, but said some of the look of puffiness in the face was probably being caused by the cyclosporine. Well, his weight this morning was a full 3 kilos up from yesterday. That is 6.5 pounds! He also required a little oxygen last night. This all makes me feel unsettled. This is how Tanner started all his trips to the PICU during his first round in nov/dec. The doctors don't seem overly worried saying we will watch him. Hopefully I am just paranoid. The nurse last night also made me a little nervous when she said day 7-20 are the worst. But, we shall see. I am hopeful things won't get too miserable or scary for Tan. Creatinine (kidney function) is still up at .95, but has been stable the last couple days. Last night Tanner kind of mumbled through his sleepiness, "I'm happy. I don't have to get the shots this time." I am grateful he is seeing silver linings. Love and hugs, Megan
Whew! I think I am back with no problems for now--hooked up with Time-Warner for internet and DITCHED AT&T. This last is the worst company to deal with in experience here at 216. had it for land-line and cell phone--decided to switch to sprint--and they threw all kinds of roadblocks in the way. Just now after hooking up with T-W, Brenda went after AT&T to disconnect--and got passed from one department to another with long wait times for each. Finally--DONE!
I worked at the polls today and enjoyed Town Meeting. Of course the greatest discussion was about the planned paving of a road. :-) My favourite moment was when an old gentleman stood at the microphone to say that instead of adding fancy speed tables and other nonsense we just need to keep a sense of humour and find a simple way to remind people not to speed. He suggested posting a sign beneath each speed limit sign that reads “Radar one day per week.” The whole place broke into laughter and applause! :-)
15" of snow. High winds (good for trees trying to shake the snow burden), power's been out since quarter to four yesterday morning. Just back on about an hour ago.
Excuse me, I started the Chronicles of Narnia, have almost finished #2, five to go. Be back later.
Our turn for snow beginning tonight, could be a foot. Again, how much we need it.
I'm glad that your power stayed on, Puddle, and hope others haven't had a hard time with all the weather.
Working on poetry here and clutter. I seem to make a chaotic mess when I write and read. I think it's locked into my DNA. I'm fortunate in that my partner doesn't mind; in fact, offers to help me organize. I just seem to need to spread papers all around,along with books, magazines.
Pat, I wonder if the spreading round of books, papers, etc. just comes with the territory of writing--whatever form it takes! I remember the same thing while working-a mess, but mine--and don't you young 'uns touch it!!!
Bright and sunny today. Still totally snowed in (windchill 22ยบ). But should be some serious melting tomorrow and Sunday, and rain Monday, and likely flooding in there somewhere. Just finished The Silver Chair, three to go.
Hi Shirlee, yes, probably the nature of writing calls for that. I think artists must also have to deal with the clutter of paints, brushes, canvases, artifacts, etc. Messy, but necessary.
What fun Puddle, to reread the C.S. Lewis series. I read the Tolkien trilogy five times, just loved it.
And from my home page: South Dakota Law Will Allow Guns in Classrooms. Do we not have whackos in this country? Just nuts.
Published on Friday, March 8, 2013 by Black Agenda Report
The Sequestration Tango: Obama and GOP Dance Through the Graveyard of the New Deal by Glen Ford
The Obama regime has been remarkably successful – in pushing forward a Republican agenda. Obama, especially, has “moved with such elegance and poise, his fans forgot that he was dancing with a partner: the GOP.” Together, they have starved the federal beast and forged a consensus on the inevitability of austerity. Let the gruesome-twosome take a bow.
But Gene Sperling, the White House National Economic Council director, was so proud of the sequestration gambit, he confessed that it was all part of the grand plan to put entitlements on the block.
Lovely to have re-readers among us. One of the joys of life. I have spent many hot Augusts in Palacios re-reading Tolkein and other favorites. Stay warm, cozy etc.
All done. Finished The Final Battle. Back to "nothing to read', unh huh, lol!
Melting like krezzy out there, though the river's not up at all, yet. Nancy's going to try plowing the road with her little ATV tomorrow. (Has already done her ridge. But was slipping--didn't want to try the steeper road.)
Nancy reports that we had 23" of snow. (Very hard for me to tell, since I'm under all kinds of trees, and can only get a 'real' total by getting out to the road. . . . )
hi ladies! puddle fyi, I can't post new threads to the blog, not at all sure why! I wanted to share this link, I have been reading this fellow's daily horoscopes for years, he believes that everyone gets the same energy from each day's alignment, its very interesting. he does personal readings/interpretations of birthcharts and this one is of Barack Obama - it's FASCINATING ladies!
Welcome to the world and the family ♥ Penelope ♥ daughter of nephew David and his wife Kim "due" May 15th, born March 10th! Mom and baby are rockstars and doing okay! Sooo happy!! XOXOXXX
David & Kim were "due" three days before our Youngest and his wife!
The baby shower was Saturday, but they couldn't fly from NC to NH for it, as planned, as the Mama-to-Be's blood pressure skyrocketed. Gestational Hypertension is a symptom of Pre-eclampsia (called Toxemia in the old days). Any of you who watched Season 3 of Downton Abbey know how that can end. We are sooo lucky!! Not much has changed in 100 years regarding pre-eclampsia, since not much can be done with drugs or procedures during pregnancy. At least we are able to take care of premies now!!
PS: Her middle name is Lawrence, after her grandfather who died in November.
Congratulations to your family Listener. What good news indeed.
We are worried sick about Mz Little. She's not eating and losing weight like crazy. Burt took her to one vet and he said he felt a mass in her liver area (showed Burt who said he couldn't feel anything?) then said that "nothing could be done". From Burts description, he treated her like livestock and not a beloved family pet.
He's going to take her for a second opinion. I finally got her to eat some rice I cooked up for her late last night. So frustrating to give her all her favorite foods and she just scatters it all around.
And she wants lots of snuggle time with dad during the day and me in the evening. We are only too glad to give it to her.
I'm checking out the SEattle Farm Co-op blog to see if anyone there has any ideas.
I think they don't *get* elections. I.e., you work hard, get your ideas out there, convince people, who then come out and vote for you. *Their* idea of an election is that you find out who's likely to vote against you, and find as many plots as you can to keep them home. If you win, you did good enough. If you don't? Don't worry, you will next time, so it doesn't matter. . . .
oh Barb, love and hugs and healing vibes to your beautiful chicky! may the perfect healer come ionto your lives. xo
listener that is so exciting~ new family members are awesome, it's so much fun to learn who they are!
and ALLY!!!! OMG!!! she is so grown up, my heart is full just looking at her and reading about her progress. what an amazing young lady, I hope that one day she understands just how strong she is and takes that into her life.
that asshole who shows up here to stir up trouble and never, ever comes to have a conversation dumped here again so this time I cleaned up her poo trail. not sure what she doesn't understand about STAY AWAY, JUDY. YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE ANY LONGER.
Lol! I know. I'd just, personally, like it disappeared as quickly and quietly as possible.
I'm always tickled when someone deletes a comment, and then comments that they did, insuring the deleted comment *must* stay in line to make the conversation make sense.
A Dominican, a Franciscan, and a Jesuit were on a train. They got to discussing their various orders, each insisting his was the best. Finally late at night, they decided to let God answer, and left a blank piece of paper and pen on the dining table.
Thank you, Puddle. Much appreciated. She goes to dr tomorrow afternoon. I'm worried that making her eat is not helping her and making her liver work too hard. asked Burt to get more specific info that we could use to make her comfy.
Her fav place is in Dad's robe where its warm and safe.
Tanner has now been here 3 weeks. His counts continue to climb. ANC yesterday was 900 and today it's 1300. Hemoglobin is in the low normal range and platelets are up as well. I am feeling so thankful for the healthy 24 year old man who gave Tanner a new lease on life by sharing his bone marrow! Tanner is down another kilo of fluid which is wonderful as well. He has been off oxygen for about 2 days now, Lots of good stuff going on. As for the not so good, tanner still feels pretty crappy. The last day he has been throwing up more than he has in a while. His stomach is always hurting and feeling yucky. He was CMV positive as well, so they started IV gancyclovir so they can hopefully wipe it out before it gets worse. Sometimes it takes weeks or months of therapy to get it back to negative. They say all this is pretty normal for their BMT kids, and it will take a long time for him to really get back to feeling normal. Please pray for my other boys, especially Noah. He misses Tanner and me so bad. My heart pretty much just aches all day for him. I need to be in two places, but can't. It is excruciating. Please pray for peace and patience for all of us while our little family is separated. Love and hugs, Megan
One of her recent blessings was a friend who came and spent the afternoon with Tanner so she could get a glimpse of her other two.
Thank you for the Tanner update, Puddle. So glad to hear the good news, sad to see the down side. Hopefully it will pass quickly. I feel for Megan and the rest of the family as well. <3
Love to Tanner and Mz Little--and their families. Still don't understand it's need--to make our love for our families and pets stronger??
Weather here still chilly for this time of year--but some lovely clear blue sky with some clouds which seem almost within reach--from my stretching out place on my sofa and through the windows. Lovely.
Has there been a second opinion on Mz. Little's condition? I sure hope the second vet was/is more tender!
Baby Penelope seems to be holding her own. She was off the ventilator by her second day! But she has a very long way to go. Last I heard, Mom and Dad hadn't been allowed to hold her yet. So hard! One good thing is that an Uncle has arrived to hold down the fort at their house (two dogs and household, cooking, etc.), so Daddy can be at the hospital (45 min from home) more. Awesome.
Yes, second opinion today. Difference of night and day in the drs and the clinics. they passed Mz Little around like the Princess she is. Everyone ohhed and ahhed and pet her and snuggled her and kissed her.
They're not sure what is going on except for the definite fact that there is no mass/lump on her liver. They took a blood sample and will let us know tomorrow.
Tonight I put three blue berries, two rasberries and two black berries in a bowl. She picked up each of the blue berries and dropped them, took a stab at a black berry. Went YUM! Picked it up and promptly dropped it on the floor and proceeded to chase it around about a 2sqft area eating it, then went back and ate the other one the same way. HAH! our own Jackson Pollock (Chickie Pullett HAHA)
Then she ate some raw brocolli and a bit of lettuce. Still losing weight tho. We anxiously await the blood test tomorrow to give some insite.
Thank you, Puddle for the candle page and for the link to the two articles. The one for the Parrots was actually more helpful than the one for the backyard chickens. Her diet should not be exactly that, but it is good for a guide.
Burt is going to have to be better about getting fruits and veggies out for her. He generally gives her her chicken food and rice grains (uncooked) and the occassional worm or 1/2 dzn. I give her fruits and veggies when I get home, but she needs more than that. Strange, we've been feeding her like this all these years and it's just been in the past month that she's taken to losing weight.
But, a sigh of relief for now and thank you all so much for your concerns.
Just came back from a walk with Molly Magee. Thanks for sharing, glad baby Penelope is holding her own, thinking of Ms. Little, hoping a remedy can be found and she will improve. Yes, a vet who loves animals treats them with dignity, kindness, and affection.
We have a 200 acre wildfire near Fort Collins and another 2 acre fire near LaPorte, east of Fort Collins. And so it begins again.
Still have a sinus condition, low energy. I swear it's the air.
TODAY!!!! Wow! How cool is that! I have a recording of part of a Howard Dean House Party phone call that was recorded by a radio station that came out to the house unexpectedly to record part of the call and some of the reactions by some of the participants.
Of course he fell in love with Mz Little and had to record her and, OY! the chicken jokes. Is there a way I can share that here? or should I just figure out a way to put it on facebook and tell you all about it?
Dr sez bloodwork all okey dokey. White blood cells up a bit, but not serious. We take her in for an X-ray tomorrow. Should determine if she has an enlarged heart. Her heart is larger than most peeps. Well, at least her personality is. :o)
Way too early for wildfires. Dang. Hope the sinus clears up soon.
Glad for better news of Mz. Little--hope she continues to pick away at the berries she likes!
Allergy air here, Pat--beautiful blooming things are just doing their spring thing. I'm having trouble just getting out to the car without 2-3 days of recouping. Ah, this too shall pass and we will have a beautiful city full of flowers/trees/shrubs!
whitznd! Hurrah for a second and tender opinion, yielding MUCH better news! If her white cell count is up a bit it could be she simply had a mild infection of some sort. Once it clears, I imagine her appetite will pick up again. What might be done to strengthen her immune system?
I was present when Howard announced his candidacy, but didn't start lurking on the blog until late Summer. Bill and I began volunteering at HQ that October (after our son's wedding on Sept 27th), and I'm not sure when my first post happened. Late Oct or in Nov? By December I was answering phones at HQ. There was talk of putting in extra security after Gore endorsed Dean. That was such a powerfully moving time.
Chickie Pie update. Took Mz Little to the dr today for an Xray to see if there was a problem anywhere. Everything is fine. White blood cells are a bit elevated signaling a low grade infection. So she is on an anti-biotic for the next 10 days.
After the dr visit, we took her to the 46th LD Town Hall because we didn't want to miss it. She was such a good little girl and sat in her carrier or my jacket without a fuss. She was a hit with all those that saw her
Now sitting contentedly on my lap whilst I do computer work/play.
103 comments:
The Howard is First!
Thank you Jo and Puddle for this space.
XOXOXOX
Howard = #1!!
And since March holds Spring, may it actually *hold* her. . . .
Ah! My earlier click didn't take, lol!
Brutal nasty day. Just cold, windy, bit of snow, overcast and no hope of above freezing temps for a good long while. Am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO damned tired of winter!!
Second, third and fifth that, Puddle--
Back on for now,but on Monday ATT gets switched out for Time-Warner. Brenda has T-W and says she has had no problems--and can deal with them.
It was such a nasty cold day yesterday it seemed best to draw the blinds and curl up with a good book. I pulled "Angela's Ashes" from my shelf and went to it. i had read it at least twice after it was first published--but had really forgotten what a fine writer Frank McCourt is. He has given us the essence of the Irish spirit.
Good to be back here--hope it holds over the week-end!!! Love you all.
oops--should be "Frank McCourt was.." Wikipedia say he died in 2009.
..says..time for bed!!!!
Welcome back, Shirlee!! Hope you blessed your sweet techie daughter for us all, lol!
We have 24ยบ+ and gray. Biggol maybe superstorm coming mid-week. Ah, Spring, wherefore art thou?
Tuesday Night
Overcast with a chance of snow. Low of 23F. Winds from the East at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 70% with accumulations up to 10 in. possible.
Hi Puddle,
We should switch air currents. The weather was about 55 degrees today, sunny, warm, snow melting fast, but we need more snow.
Farmers lost 50% of the corn crop this year, hay inadequate for cows, so ranchers are selling their herds. The ground, dry, brown, and how much I love the wildflowers which were as scarce as I've ever seen in over 40 years of living here.
Aside from that, have a sinus infection, very low energy. So, off to read the new issue of Rattle on Southern poetry.
Have a sweet night tonight, a good solid sleep, and maybe sunshine sometime tomorrow?
Well. It's for Tuesday: plenty of time to change, lol! They've already changed it to 80%, and added ice pellets. I don't generally go looking for trubble that far ahead, but got a warning comparing this one to a major blizzard in 1962/same date.
Did make it all the way to town yesterday for blizzard supplies. Thus stocked up and ready to ride it out in comfort, I believe I may have assured that it will not happen.
Finally! Some Tanner news, posted last night:
Day +3
Today was a decent day for tanner. After sleeping for the last
few days he was awake most of the afternoon and evening. He even
ate some salmon, watermelon and a whole can of lemonade. We played
mousetrap together tonight. You should see his pole with all the IV
medicines Tanner is getting. It's a lot! So far so good
though.
Love and hugs, Megan
♡♡T♡A♡N♡N♡E♡R♡♡
Well they lowered the prediction to five inches last night. This morning, it's back up to seven inches, with two more to follow on Wednesday morning. I think they don't have a clue, lol!
Well, there's a candle floating around somewhere in the ether. Lit one, didn't take, so lit another, lol! Got one. Wish the line were a bit faster!
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=tanne
Megan's last update:
Day +6
Posted 4 hours ago
Once again, I need to tell you just how much every single message means to me. They have brought me to tears this morning. I am so grateful for those who choose to walk this journey with us.
Last night I mentioned to the nurse how puffy Tanner looked. She agreed, but said some of the look of puffiness in the face was probably being caused by the cyclosporine. Well, his weight this morning was a full 3 kilos up from yesterday. That is 6.5 pounds! He also required a little oxygen last night. This all makes me feel unsettled. This is how Tanner started all his trips to the PICU during his first round in nov/dec. The doctors don't seem overly worried saying we will watch him. Hopefully I am just paranoid. The nurse last night also made me a little nervous when she said day 7-20 are the worst. But, we shall see. I am hopeful things won't get too miserable or scary for Tan. Creatinine (kidney function) is still up at .95, but has been stable the last couple days.
Last night Tanner kind of mumbled through his sleepiness, "I'm happy. I don't have to get the shots this time." I am grateful he is seeing silver linings.
Love and hugs, Megan
Puddle, hope your storm is mild and the wonks are wrong.
Much love to Tanner and Family
Love to Tanner and family from GSO--best, best wishes to all.
Thanks, guys! It helps. It does.
Thank you for the news of Tanner. Thoughts and prayers his way and to his family.
We got about 2 inches of snow. Hope that the storm isn't bad as it heads East.
I'll say good night and thoughts your way.
Pat
Whew! I think I am back with no problems for now--hooked up with Time-Warner for internet and DITCHED AT&T. This last is the worst company to deal with in experience here at 216.
had it for land-line and cell phone--decided to switch to sprint--and they threw all kinds of roadblocks in the way. Just now after hooking up with T-W, Brenda went after AT&T to disconnect--and got passed from one department to another with long wait times for each. Finally--DONE!
Well, it finally started: just ice pellets for now. And four hours late. Guess it won't be leaving early.
I worked at the polls today and enjoyed Town Meeting. Of course the greatest discussion was about the planned paving of a road. :-) My favourite moment was when an old gentleman stood at the microphone to say that instead of adding fancy speed tables and other nonsense we just need to keep a sense of humour and find a simple way to remind people not to speed. He suggested posting a sign beneath each speed limit sign that reads “Radar one day per week.” The whole place broke into laughter and applause! :-)
We're not getting the nasty weather predicted for last night and today here,either. OK by me. Wind is a little strong from the north.
Any disasters from the sequester, yet?
Hoping Tanner continues to recuperate.
Philosophical question-- HOW can there be a god who lets babies suffer?
Public service announcement:
GOP Senators Praise Obama’s Outreach On Grand Bargain
Source: TPM
Sea
15" of snow. High winds (good for trees trying to shake the snow burden), power's been out since quarter to four yesterday morning. Just back on about an hour ago.
Excuse me, I started the Chronicles of Narnia, have almost finished #2, five to go. Be back later.
Oh, my goodness puddle!!!! Only thing TO do in that kind of weather--is Read Away!!!! Happy Hours!
Hopefully, most of that storm is gone by now Puddle. Nice you have Goob to keep you company.
Good Morning,
Our turn for snow beginning tonight, could be a foot. Again, how much we need it.
I'm glad that your power stayed on, Puddle, and hope others haven't had a hard time with all the weather.
Working on poetry here and clutter. I seem to make a chaotic mess when I write and read. I think it's locked into my DNA. I'm fortunate in that my partner doesn't mind; in fact, offers to help me organize. I just seem to need to spread papers all around,along with books, magazines.
Well, take care, have a good day today.
Correction, happy that your power came back on, Puddle. I guess I just read the on part in your message, not the long outage part.
Pat, I wonder if the spreading round of books, papers, etc. just comes with the territory of writing--whatever form it takes! I remember the same thing while working-a mess, but mine--and don't you young 'uns touch it!!!
Bright and sunny today. Still totally snowed in (windchill 22ยบ). But should be some serious melting tomorrow and Sunday, and rain Monday, and likely flooding in there somewhere. Just finished The Silver Chair, three to go.
Hi Shirlee, yes, probably the nature of writing calls for that. I think artists must also have to deal with the clutter of paints, brushes, canvases, artifacts, etc. Messy, but necessary.
What fun Puddle, to reread the C.S. Lewis series. I read the Tolkien trilogy five times, just loved it.
And from my home page: South Dakota Law Will Allow Guns in Classrooms. Do we not have whackos in this country? Just nuts.
Published on Friday, March 8, 2013 by Black Agenda Report
The Sequestration Tango: Obama and GOP Dance Through the Graveyard of the New Deal
by Glen Ford
The Obama regime has been remarkably successful – in pushing forward a Republican agenda. Obama, especially, has “moved with such elegance and poise, his fans forgot that he was dancing with a partner: the GOP.” Together, they have starved the federal beast and forged a consensus on the inevitability of austerity. Let the gruesome-twosome take a bow.
Sea
snip
But Gene Sperling, the White House National Economic Council director, was so proud of the sequestration gambit, he confessed that it was all part of the grand plan to put entitlements on the block.
Sea
Lovely to have re-readers among us. One of the joys of life. I have spent many hot Augusts in Palacios re-reading Tolkein and other favorites.
Stay warm, cozy etc.
Just finished A Horse and His Boy. Two to go. Going to be sorry when I'm done.
Should be major melting tomorrow and Sunday. And rain on Monday. Flooding? Will see.
Finished The Magician's Nephew last night (this morning) just before bed. Starting #7.
Bright, sunny, warmish (nearly 40ยบ) and nearly all the snow's still where it was laid, condensing. Road has not yet been plowed.
All done. Finished The Final Battle. Back to "nothing to read', unh huh, lol!
Melting like krezzy out there, though the river's not up at all, yet. Nancy's going to try plowing the road with her little ATV tomorrow. (Has already done her ridge. But was slipping--didn't want to try the steeper road.)
You are a quick reader, Puddle.
Nancy reports that we had 23" of snow. (Very hard for me to tell, since I'm under all kinds of trees, and can only get a 'real' total by getting out to the road. . . . )
So so much quick, Barb, as driven, lol!
Oh, yes--know that feeling--CAN'T put a book down--but somehow want it to last:) Stay dry, Puddle!
Carpe Diem
All that is in us longs for light
However cold the ground, the seed
stirs with its coming
Long before the devices
sand or springs
we knew, as the green things knew
When it is time
How juicy we get and strong
impatient in the waiting
To spring ahead
and seize the day
jjl
28 February 2009
Lovely, Puddle. Thank you. A smile here, a great way to begin the day.
We have about a foot of snow. It's cold; sky a brilliant blue.
And in the spirit, to add this.
Snow Storm Ends
The wind sings
Like violin strings
Tumults of snow
Whirlpool up
Sky flung, hurtling
Across the meadow.
Lovely, Pat! Glad you got so much snow! Wishing you even more (in handleable increments, lol!)
Two lovely poems, Ladies. Thank you for brightening my morning.
hi ladies! puddle fyi, I can't post new threads to the blog, not at all sure why! I wanted to share this link, I have been reading this fellow's daily horoscopes for years, he believes that everyone gets the same energy from each day's alignment, its very interesting. he does personal readings/interpretations of birthcharts and this one is of Barack Obama - it's FASCINATING ladies!
http://kristo.com/Luna/barackobama.html
Yes, Jo, that piece was most interesting. will be good to keep it all in mind as we watch him blossom.
Good news! Snow's melting slower than expected, and they've cut the rain prediction in half. May not get major flooding, after all.
LOVE the Poems!!!
I deleted a double post.
Welcome to the world and the family
♥ Penelope ♥
daughter of nephew David and his wife Kim
"due" May 15th, born March 10th!
Mom and baby are rockstars and doing okay!
Sooo happy!! XOXOXXX
David & Kim were "due" three days before our Youngest and his wife!
The baby shower was Saturday, but they couldn't fly from NC to NH for it, as planned, as the Mama-to-Be's blood pressure skyrocketed. Gestational Hypertension is a symptom of Pre-eclampsia (called Toxemia in the old days). Any of you who watched Season 3 of Downton Abbey know how that can end. We are sooo lucky!! Not much has changed in 100 years regarding pre-eclampsia, since not much can be done with drugs or procedures during pregnancy. At least we are able to take care of premies now!!
PS: Her middle name is Lawrence, after her grandfather who died in November.
Very good news--still dampish, coolish here--nasty weather for RA--hunkering down inside for now on re-reading re-listening binge--some old favorites.
Ready for sunshine and warm weather anytime!!!
Congratulation on a new baby in the family, Listener--always happy times.
Sunshine? Warm weather? I vaguely remember stuff like that. Must have been a previous life. . . .
Congratulations to your family Listener. What good news indeed.
We are worried sick about Mz Little. She's not eating and losing weight like crazy. Burt took her to one vet and he said he felt a mass in her liver area (showed Burt who said he couldn't feel anything?) then said that "nothing could be done". From Burts description, he treated her like livestock and not a beloved family pet.
He's going to take her for a second opinion. I finally got her to eat some rice I cooked up for her late last night. So frustrating to give her all her favorite foods and she just scatters it all around.
And she wants lots of snuggle time with dad during the day and me in the evening. We are only too glad to give it to her.
I'm checking out the SEattle Farm Co-op blog to see if anyone there has any ideas.
Ah, Barb, hugz! Some peeps, nice and/kind or competent just don't *get* stuff that's the least unusual. Holding her, and you&Burt, in the light.
So sorry to hear this about your beloved Mz. Little--I hope you can find a caring vet.
Why do the R's not GET that they lost the election? Getting scary out there.
I think they don't *get* elections. I.e., you work hard, get your ideas out there, convince people, who then come out and vote for you. *Their* idea of an election is that you find out who's likely to vote against you, and find as many plots as you can to keep them home. If you win, you did good enough. If you don't? Don't worry, you will next time, so it doesn't matter. . . .
Ally update at baby
oh Barb, love and hugs and healing vibes to your beautiful chicky! may the perfect healer come ionto your lives. xo
listener that is so exciting~ new family members are awesome, it's so much fun to learn who they are!
and ALLY!!!! OMG!!! she is so grown up, my heart is full just looking at her and reading about her progress. what an amazing young lady, I hope that one day she understands just how strong she is and takes that into her life.
Jo, sumbuddy tracked poo in. I removed it. It you want it back, let me know.
Just a drop in. My thoughts are with you. Thank you for being here, sharing, commiserating, caring.
saw the poo, thank you for cleaning it up puddle! ;)
love you Pat, thank you for being here. xo
Shirlee I am praying for some warm, sunny weather for you! For ALL of us, actually!
love and hugs to Barb and Burt and Mz Little. <3
that asshole who shows up here to stir up trouble and never, ever comes to have a conversation dumped here again so this time I cleaned up her poo trail. not sure what she doesn't understand about STAY AWAY, JUDY. YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE ANY LONGER.
Jo, gotcha. I'll just silently delete anything I see in the future. I know you get the email notification.
no need to be silent about it if you don't want to puddle! that wasn't a msg to you. ;)
Lol! I know. I'd just, personally, like it disappeared as quickly and quietly as possible.
I'm always tickled when someone deletes a comment, and then comments that they did, insuring the deleted comment *must* stay in line to make the conversation make sense.
Thank You, Jo and Puddle!!! Love you forever for this !!!
It appears we have a new pope. No word yet on *who*. . . .
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/14/world/europe/cardinals-elect-new-pope.html?_r=0
A pope named Francis. Imagine that.
Joke from my Catholic days:
A Dominican, a Franciscan, and a Jesuit were on a train. They got to discussing their various orders, each insisting his was the best. Finally late at night, they decided to let God answer, and left a blank piece of paper and pen on the dining table.
In the morning, they came in an found this note:
Gentlemen:
You are all equal.
(signed)
God, S.J.
Barb, lit a candle for Mz Little.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=MzLtl
You three have been on my mind all day.
Thank you, Puddle. Much appreciated. She goes to dr tomorrow afternoon. I'm worried that making her eat is not helping her and making her liver work too hard. asked Burt to get more specific info that we could use to make her comfy.
Her fav place is in Dad's robe where its warm and safe.
On the Tanner front:
Tanner has now been here 3 weeks. His counts continue to climb. ANC yesterday was 900 and today it's 1300. Hemoglobin is in the low normal range and platelets are up as well. I am feeling so thankful for the healthy 24 year old man who gave Tanner a new lease on life by sharing his bone marrow! Tanner is down another kilo of fluid which is wonderful as well. He has been off oxygen for about 2 days now,
Lots of good stuff going on. As for the not so good, tanner still feels pretty crappy. The last day he has been throwing up more than he has in a while. His stomach is always hurting and feeling yucky. He was CMV positive as well, so they started IV gancyclovir so they can hopefully wipe it out before it gets worse. Sometimes it takes weeks or months of therapy to get it back to negative. They say all this is pretty normal for their BMT kids, and it will take a long time for him to really get back to feeling normal.
Please pray for my other boys, especially Noah. He misses Tanner and me so bad. My heart pretty much just aches all day for him. I need to be in two places, but can't. It is excruciating. Please pray for peace and patience for all of us while our little family is separated.
Love and hugs, Megan
One of her recent blessings was a friend who came and spent the afternoon with Tanner so she could get a glimpse of her other two.
thank you for the Tanner update puddle - makes me want to be there with Megan to help her out!
Thank you for the Tanner update, Puddle. So glad to hear the good news, sad to see the down side. Hopefully it will pass quickly. I feel for Megan and the rest of the family as well. <3
Good Morning,
Thoughts and a prayer for Tanner, his Mom, and his whole family. The courage, hope, and devotion you have given is admirable, so praiseworthy.
Beautiful day here. My thoughts for a beautiful day for all of us.
Pat, glad you have a beautiful day. Still wishing you more snow as soon's you can bear it!
We've got a cold and pretty too. Long may it last. We're ahead for the year, so not wishing for more snow, lol!
I love that we have this place to come, to share, to support, and love each other! (Thank's Jo!!)
Love to Tanner and Mz Little--and their families. Still don't understand it's need--to make our love for our families and pets stronger??
Weather here still chilly for this time of year--but some lovely clear blue sky with some clouds which seem almost within reach--from my stretching out place on my sofa and through the windows. Lovely.
Some of it, I think, is to increase our empathy. It's a character trait that doesn't seem strong in humans.
Think this is likely to be a late spring, drat! But blue skies DO help!
Has there been a second opinion on Mz. Little's condition? I sure hope the second vet was/is more tender!
Baby Penelope seems to be holding her own. She was off the ventilator by her second day! But she has a very long way to go. Last I heard, Mom and Dad hadn't been allowed to hold her yet. So hard! One good thing is that an Uncle has arrived to hold down the fort at their house (two dogs and household, cooking, etc.), so Daddy can be at the hospital (45 min from home) more. Awesome.
Thanks for your sweet words about Ally, Jo! That melted my heart!! ♥
And Tanner! Go Tanner Go!! Thank God for that 24 year old who donated bone marrow to a stranger! It's a PAINFUL process, so a great gift indeed!!
As for Spring...
I'm betting on March 21st. ;-)
Yes, second opinion today. Difference of night and day in the drs and the clinics. they passed Mz Little around like the Princess she is. Everyone ohhed and ahhed and pet her and snuggled her and kissed her.
They're not sure what is going on except for the definite fact that there is no mass/lump on her liver. They took a blood sample and will let us know tomorrow.
Tonight I put three blue berries, two rasberries and two black berries in a bowl. She picked up each of the blue berries and dropped them, took a stab at a black berry. Went YUM! Picked it up and promptly dropped it on the floor and proceeded to chase it around about a 2sqft area eating it, then went back and ate the other one the same way. HAH! our own Jackson Pollock (Chickie Pullett HAHA)
Then she ate some raw brocolli and a bit of lettuce. Still losing weight tho. We anxiously await the blood test tomorrow to give some insite.
Thank you, Puddle for the candle page and for the link to the two articles. The one for the Parrots was actually more helpful than the one for the backyard chickens. Her diet should not be exactly that, but it is good for a guide.
Burt is going to have to be better about getting fruits and veggies out for her. He generally gives her her chicken food and rice grains (uncooked) and the occassional worm or 1/2 dzn. I give her fruits and veggies when I get home, but she needs more than that. Strange, we've been feeding her like this all these years and it's just been in the past month that she's taken to losing weight.
But, a sigh of relief for now and thank you all so much for your concerns.
Listner, good news on baby Penelope and so grand to have a brother willing to come in and help out.
Ten years ago, today, the Dean blog was launched. . . .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog_for_America
Hi,
Just came back from a walk with Molly Magee. Thanks for sharing, glad baby Penelope is holding her own, thinking of Ms. Little, hoping a remedy can be found and she will improve. Yes, a vet who loves animals treats them with dignity, kindness, and affection.
We have a 200 acre wildfire near Fort Collins and another 2 acre fire near LaPorte, east of Fort Collins. And so it begins again.
Still have a sinus condition, low energy. I swear it's the air.
TODAY!!!! Wow! How cool is that! I have a recording of part of a Howard Dean House Party phone call that was recorded by a radio station that came out to the house unexpectedly to record part of the call and some of the reactions by some of the participants.
Of course he fell in love with Mz Little and had to record her and, OY! the chicken jokes. Is there a way I can share that here? or should I just figure out a way to put it on facebook and tell you all about it?
Dr sez bloodwork all okey dokey. White blood cells up a bit, but not serious. We take her in for an X-ray tomorrow. Should determine if she has an enlarged heart. Her heart is larger than most peeps. Well, at least her personality is. :o)
Way too early for wildfires. Dang. Hope the sinus clears up soon.
Only way to get it on here, Barb, is if you have a URL for it. After that, it's out of my league.
I'm feeling more hopeful. One good report, now hopin' for more!!
Glad for better news of Mz. Little--hope she continues to pick away at the berries she likes!
Allergy air here, Pat--beautiful blooming things are just doing their spring thing. I'm having trouble just getting out to the car without 2-3 days of recouping. Ah, this too shall pass and we will have a beautiful city full of flowers/trees/shrubs!
whitznd! Hurrah for a second and tender opinion, yielding MUCH better news! If her white cell count is up a bit it could be she simply had a mild infection of some sort. Once it clears, I imagine her appetite will pick up again. What might be done to strengthen her immune system?
Ten years ago today?! WOW!
I was present when Howard announced his candidacy, but didn't start lurking on the blog until late Summer. Bill and I began volunteering at HQ that October (after our son's wedding on Sept 27th), and I'm not sure when my first post happened. Late Oct or in Nov? By December I was answering phones at HQ. There was talk of putting in extra security after Gore endorsed Dean. That was such a powerfully moving time.
No new Penelope news, but another day has passed, so I consider that good news.
Dang, I can't upload the audio file of my Howard Dean House Party because the radio station owns it. Oh well. I can share by email, I suspect.
Lol! My kiddle on my grandbebe's facebook page. . . . (whose birthday was the day before yesterday)
Did you know being 18 means you have to pay your own bills? We'll try to ease you into it. Could take a few years...
Ha! Your kiddle sounds like a very good father!
Chickie Pie update. Took Mz Little to the dr today for an Xray to see if there was a problem anywhere. Everything is fine. White blood cells are a bit elevated signaling a low grade infection. So she is on an anti-biotic for the next 10 days.
After the dr visit, we took her to the 46th LD Town Hall because we didn't want to miss it. She was such a good little girl and sat in her carrier or my jacket without a fuss. She was a hit with all those that saw her
Now sitting contentedly on my lap whilst I do computer work/play.
What a great relief to know MZ. Little
has just been having a bit of an infection,eh?
New thread!!
Post a Comment