Jo, am sooooooooooo glad your biopsy was good. Live long and prosper!!
Way too warm here, today!
Glad listener is volunteering--nice to hear Deaniacs in action, lol!
Beau has nearly recovered from our company (who keep him enormously busy). The uproad visitors weren't too bad, and did actually ask permission this time. Lotsa ATV traffic, but guess if you've hauled one out here, you'd want to use it.
Recently a bunch of us were expressing concern about Howard being part of this new venture where law firms in China and the USA work together with politically savvy people from all stripes to better understand how people in our cultures think. My view is that it's kind of an interesting idear and dialogue is a good thing. My question is what the gleaned information is to be used for.
Anyway, I just wanted to add that that work would not constitute the bulk of what Howard Dean does these days. Did you know that he teaches at three universities (includingYale)? He gets paid for that. He is also on CNBC and MSNBC, etc (all free of charge). In addition he is on numerous boards. And he still has a soft spot for the Crushies.
{{{ JO!!! }}} I went back to the end of the last thread to read about your biopsy results…!!! I AM HEARTGLAD FOR YOU!!! YES!!! And now to find out what it *IS* you are dealing with and make a plan. But benign is the BEST word!!! :-D ♥ ♡ ♥
I went back to the last thread as well. Thank you Listener for the suggestion. Jo, I'm so glad your biopsy results were negative. I hope you can find out what the problem is and that there is a remedy. Thoughts dear friend, and a prayer that all will be well.
I too, did not read carefully, Jo. Hope the problem is found soon! I guess I should be nothing but thankful for the good doc's I have now, but I am beginning to wish they didn't require my presence so often! Seeing my RA doc today, wish me luck in telling her I do not want to see her PA again! I am TIRED of training new PA's!
Other than that should Bea lovely day here!!!! Stay well, all!
How do we all march through aging??? Step by step, I guess. RA doc says that it is counter productive now to do any more cortisone shots in my still inflamed, but better, shoulder. She thinks I will do better with at home physical therapy on the shoulder twice a week. She actually thinks once a week might be enough, but insurance won't cover unless scheduled for twice a week. I asked her to set it up with Care South--had them after last hip -thigh problem three years ago and was quite satisfied. Excellent therapist. At least I won't need to waste time, strength, monrey on getting in car, having a driver, going, coming, etc. Also having our very good mailman worry every time he sees me going out or coming in the back entrance! Love you all.
Shirlee do you ever use Arnica cream or gel? It helps with inflammation and muscle pain too. Have the massage therapist use that unless they have something that will work better. Hope the massage helps! xo
So y'know how I got sick at the start of May with fever and cough? I am not all well yet. I have the cough still and bring up a little phlegm a couple times a day (and I've never been a smoker). At least it's gone from green to yellow to clear now! I had such a weird headache yesterday, with dizziness and a little unusual jaw pain, that I popped over to my Dentist to see if my new night guard were the culprit. Nope. At least today I am a LOT better, though tired. I guess being out in the hot sun on Tuesday for 5 hours was too much. Anyway, I'm gaining ground again. Hopeful!
Listener, sounds as though you had an infection of some sort. PA question was put off because doc will see me in two months to check on therapy.
Jo, I have used Arnnica in the past. Inflammation now needs to be controlled with heavy duty drugs--Humira and Imuuran. I always Keep some arnica around for unexpected muscle damage--dropping heavier things from fridge on my feet, or stretching my shoulders while getting dressed. Very helpful. Thanks for the reminder. It has helped to switch to smaller, lighter containers in the fridge and skip any clothing which needs to be struggled into-- but which will stay on my disappearing shoulders! Stretchy knit tops work well. Wonderful to have a support group here each with our own problems!
Listener, jaw pain and dizziness is the number one identifier for me that I'm in fib. Get checked out! Yes, hot sun can do it, too. but never take anything for granted.
Been a rough week for me and Burt. * Friday, Washer died and had to call repairman * Sunday, Boss called me while we were at FolkLife festival and notified me that a co-worker had died the night before (this causes MUCH stress as need to worry about covering for her. * Sunday, as a result of stress about co-worker, wound up in fib while at the FolkLife Festival and was taken to emergency. sigh... * Tuesday, car died as a result of leaving a small light on in the car overnight. * Tuesday, notified that another close friend had passed. * Tuesday, wound up in fib again as result of concern for friends family.
That pretty much covers it. They say trouble travels in threes and I had a double whammy. Just want to crawl into bed and cover up my head.
Amen to the Wonderful support group here. Love you all!
Deep from the bowels of browser breakdown, am running in safe mode at the moment. (Wont run any other way.) May need the grief of downloading something else. Been doing disc checks and system restores up the yang yang. Nothing working.
DID manage to watch They Might be Giants--what an utterly lovely thing it is. Edwin right, as usual.
It may be rural areas in general. I have children in sw Michigan...and they often get dropped?.especially when driving. Not that they should be calling when driving-- but daughter number two works a full time job and has her own business besides. Sometimes the only time she has to call is between jobs. They say the problem is not enough cell phone towers in a triangle between Lansing, Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo--still mostly good farms and small towns.
Looks to be a lovely day here, time to get dressed and head out for a stroll on Elm Street! Have a happy day all!
What's with the big advertising banner right above the text box??? Big ad for Hawaii, then it changes to, "This content requires Media player 12.2 update. Would you like to install now?" NO!!!
Got a robocall from a "energy company' that wanted to ask 3 short questions about energy. So I thinks to myself, YAY! gonna let the know exactly how I feel!" First question - "press 1 for yes and 2 for no - Do you feel that we should stop using all fossil fuels immediately?" About killed the phone from hitting ONE so hard. Next statement, "Thank you for your time today" Ya thin they were maybe looking for a different answer? HAHAHAHA
After all that yesterday, my browser's working just fine today. Perils of a Mercury Retrograde, I guess, lol! Keeping crossables crossed!
Didn't want to go to bed night before last because morning before last, found a tick on my foot in the morning (not burrowed in, just walking around)--picked it off and was looking for a way to destroy it, when it cleverly escaped, and couldn't be found. So was certain it was up there, just waiting for me. Wasn't, and last night was okay, too. But best never to let one's guard down. . . . Beau got a dose of Frontline, so with luck, he'll stop bringing them in.
Well, whatever that ad was, it hammered my main computer and I'm now using the one or Kcdcc while scans are running on the other one.
Thankful for folks here. and, btw, adblockplus.org has a handy dandy program recommended to me by my IT guys that's free and effective. I have it on this computer and just now put it on the other one!
Barb! I'm so glad you're still able to be online. Hoping all your computer woes work out nicely and soon.
puddle. Yikes! A tick is worse than a mosquito in the house because you can't hear it coming! We'd never encountered a tick until last Autumn when I found one on the soft area above my left eyelid! About an hour later, Bill found a smaller one on his side. Unsettling!
I had a rough night last night (4 hrs sleep) due to coughing. I thought I was about done with this illness, so hadn't replenished my cough med or congestion med, and about 45 min after I went to sleep I woke up coughing and had to get up and take care of it. At least I did get in a nap today. First, though, I finished laying bricks on the back porch floor. It has been just a cement slab but we got some nice bricks and it looks fabulous! We still need to rent the cutter and finish the edges, but it's ready for the rug! Just one side of the porch wall to reconfigure and we'll be ready to hang the new door. Can't wait to have it all done and get to just sit out there!!
hello! I shut down my computer early yesterday because we had a lot of little thunderstorms coming through.
I woke up to the saddest news today, Joe Biden's son Beau has passed. this is just so sad. love and light to all of his family and friends, Beau was a wonderful person.
A beautiful day here. Our son and his wife and our granddaughter are coming up for brunch. I love their thoughtfulness and effort to be with us.
Listener, that virus causing coughing and other complications: low energy, sinus, fever, has gone all over the country. David is coughing again after we thought we were done with it. A neighbor told me her doctor couldn't prescribe any more antibiotics for her. It's a nasty. I do think we eventually get rid of it, but it really interferes with our lives. My thoughts for you. I've tried so many remedies: saline solution, cough drops, mucous reducers, Emergen C, a supplement, etc. I'm feeling pretty good, but no illusions that it can't return.
Yes, Jo. It's so sad, Beau Biden dying so young. I'm trying to accept the fact that we are given a certain amount of time, and that's the reality of being human. To love, to care, to do our best, to understand ourselves and others, and to give what we can is what we can offer life.
Shirlee, I too enjoy your walking excursions and the book store.
Barb, you are in my thoughts. Take good care of yourself. We don't have to go fast; in fact, I think slow is better.
Hi Puddle, so sorry about your phone connections. You are right that rural areas don't get what they need. I think one of Obama's hopes was to make sure everyone had high speed access to the Internet.
And so, a beautiful wonderful wildflower day is my wish for all of us.
Late here in catching on about Beau Biden!! Very, very sad. I have loved Joe from the time I read his autobiography. Joe is one of the most human, compassionate people in political office. Is that why it feels comfortable referring to him as Joe?
WOOWEE! Just had a *very* hot set of thunderstorms roll through here. And heard/saw something I never have: a long sidewise moving sizzle and then the light, and the sizzle, thunder, and light kept rolling north. Can't have been very long in actual time, *felt* very very very long. Shortly after that, one so close the windows rattled.
Thanks, Pat, I am actually encouraged to know I'm not the only one and that it just takes time to get though this illness. It just seems to stay a little raw. Bill hasn't picked it up and I don't know of ANYONE else around here who has had it. It has made me wonder if I've gotten my immune system built up a little and acquired and allergy!
Good morning all. Made it through the weekend with no bouts of fib. YAY! Feeling better. A good friend gave us an antique, hand made cedar chest. It was her paternal grandmother's and she's "lost touch with that side of the family". Her loss is my gain. I'll give it a good airing out. I think there is a liquid product that can "refresh" cedar so I'm going to look for that.
Listener, lovely porch!/patio! good job!
Yes, so sorry about Beau. Joe has really had a lot of grief to bear in his life.
I really need to get to this blog in the evening when I can have a bit more time to "chat". in the meantime, much love to all of you.
Rain, Rain Rain! We got 2" over the weekend and another 1.5" by midday today. Eldest's driveway washed out, but he made a place for the water to flow through moderately, then repaired the damage.
Last night I couldn't access the blog. Glad to see it up and running this morning.
Yesterday, rain showers, but also sun. The wildflowers are starting to bloom, so much pleasure in seeing the green, the leaves, the flowers. Lots of chiming bells, mouse ear chickweed, leather neck clematis, and saxifrage.
Eye appointments today.
Watched Bernie Sanders on Rachel Maddow last night. I'm so glad for the excitement. I'm afraid that Hillary just doesn't inspire me. I think I'm tired of the Clintons, tired of the same old rhetoric, the same old methodology.
Just learned that Doc Watson's grandson Richard Eddy Watson has died ...early 50's. Waiting for more news from the local paper Watauga Democrat. Possible heart attack.. Sad loss for the music world. I know he had three daughters..possibly also a son. NC will be in mourning.....even non- music lovers knew Doc.
Too much in one day --folk singer Jean Ritchie also died today. Not such a tragedy, she was well into her nineties. But still a loss. A generation of folk musicians.passing.....
Thanks for the link, Listener. Jean Ritchie has been part of my life Since the 1960's. And among the first of the LP recordings I had. I now have a whole collection of her songs on cd's that Brenda gave me for Christmas. Also have her family's song book with music and The stories behind them-- of course now my fingers don't work so well but it is gratifying to read the stories and pick out some of the tunes On my keyboard. Brenda and I had seen Richard on stage with Doc Two or three times since I have lived here. After Doc quit doing long Tours he still did some short tours for the home folks. He was such a fine man, performer, storyteller, he is sorely missed!
Listener-- thanks for the photos of your brickwork. It is beautiful. I love brick inside and outside. Physical therapist was just here from CareSouth. About four weeks of twice a week visits. If more needed Doc will OK it. Good many tips suggestions for protecting and strengthening the shoulder. And yes, Medicare covers it all--if not Care South will cover it.
Da posh, wants to rain day here in GSO. Love to all...take good care.
Aw, thank you, Shirlee! It was a TON of work (literally!). We had to pick out the bricks and put them on a cart, then buy them and put them into our cars, then drive them home and load them into a wheelbarrow, then bring them out back and unload them onto the porch (3 or 4 trips like this!). Lastly, pick them up and put them in place! Each weighs 5 lbs and there were about 400 of them. Quite the workout! But completely worth it…!
I am very pleased to hear that you have such good healthcare! I am hopeful of good healthcare in retirement as well. We'll see. Currently the company Bill works for has decided to allow ONLY pharmacies in their new system. So we can go to Walmart (over my dead body!), Sam's Club (I've never been in one of those either) or CVS. Forget the fact that I've had the same pharmacist for over 30 years!!! ARGH!! There should be a law against that. Turns out our pharmacy COULD have asked to become part of the Caremark system but the open enrollment is closed for this year. They are going to try to do so next year, but the change to my insurance starts July 1st. Grrrr.
it has been up and down here too puddle. just checked the forecast and we have another night or two in the 30s coming up, this is crazy weather.
so sorry about the pharmacy change listener, I would hate to have to change, I depend upon my gal for a lot of things, she even delivers and refuses any payment for the service. Sam's Club is owned by Walmart so you probably don't want to go there either - do we even have a CVS in the area?
Love to all, sending blessings for good health and lots of laughter in your lives.
Wow, our Seattle weather is being nice for a change. It usually rains on the weekend and is sunny all week. Now, it's rainy all week and sunny on the weekends! YAY. We should be able to take at least one day to enjoy it. the other day, we'll be carting stuff to the goodwill to lower our household footprint.
Hope all of your weekends are as beautiful!
Be well, all of you lovely ladies. I love you all.
Listener, it IS sad to lose our independent pharmacies...we had a good longtime pharmacist downtown, but nearing retirement so he opted to join our nearest Rite Aid. Michigan State University opted to go with Caremark years ago. One can get all meds through their delivery system, I chose to get only Humira--RA refrigerated med. So far monthly
I. Tdeliveries come through fine...any problems are with the local UPS guy. BEST delivery is still USPS. with local mailman who knows his customers!
We are having weird weather here also, either damp and chilly or muggy!
We were saying yesterday how comforting it is to know your pharmacist, dentist, eye doctor, primary physician. We go to the Estes Park Medical Center, a beautiful building, friendly staff, about 15 miles away. We are very happy with the situation.
Some very busy days lately, finally relaxing, getting some energy back.
Here there's pretty much two of everything (that we have, lol!)--so two hardware stores, two feedstores, two funeral homes, two drugstores, and two medical deliveries. Trying to figure out *which* drugstore, I called and priced a prescription I had in my hand, and went with the lower priced owner/operator store. Later, I mentioned that to the other pharmacist (picking up a client's meds) and he said, they'd always meet the Pill Box Prices. . . . I said I wanted the one that offered, independently, to do the right thing. . . . It was a good choice. Even with no parking lot. They now mail all my prescriptions.
Qh, that is wonderful Puddle!!! Pat, glad you have a good health care system near you. Important to keep our.ah...aging bodies tuned up, fed, rested and rejoicing!
60 comments:
Ha ha, love this!!
Yes, a nice feminist statement. Thanks.
Today, so far, sun, sun, sun.
Jo, am sooooooooooo glad your biopsy was good. Live long and prosper!!
Way too warm here, today!
Glad listener is volunteering--nice to hear Deaniacs in action, lol!
Beau has nearly recovered from our company (who keep him enormously busy). The uproad visitors weren't too bad, and did actually ask permission this time. Lotsa ATV traffic, but guess if you've hauled one out here, you'd want to use it.
Hahaaaa, puddle! I saw that picture and immediately thought of Kimmy. :-D
Dean!!
Recently a bunch of us were expressing concern about Howard being part of this new venture where law firms in China and the USA work together with politically savvy people from all stripes to better understand how people in our cultures think. My view is that it's kind of an interesting idear and dialogue is a good thing. My question is what the gleaned information is to be used for.
Anyway, I just wanted to add that that work would not constitute the bulk of what Howard Dean does these days. Did you know that he teaches at three universities (includingYale)? He gets paid for that. He is also on CNBC and MSNBC, etc (all free of charge). In addition he is on numerous boards. And he still has a soft spot for the Crushies.
{{{ JO!!! }}} I went back to the end of the last thread to read about your biopsy results…!!! I AM HEARTGLAD FOR YOU!!! YES!!! And now to find out what it *IS* you are dealing with and make a plan. But benign is the BEST word!!! :-D ♥ ♡ ♥
Good Morning,
I went back to the last thread as well. Thank you Listener for the suggestion. Jo, I'm so glad your biopsy results were negative. I hope you can find out what the problem is and that there is a remedy. Thoughts dear friend, and a prayer that all will be well.
I too, did not read carefully, Jo. Hope the problem is found soon!
I guess I should be nothing but thankful for the good doc's I have
now, but I am beginning to wish they didn't require my presence
so often! Seeing my RA doc today, wish me luck in telling her I
do not want to see her PA again! I am TIRED of training new PA's!
Other than that should Bea lovely day here!!!!
Stay well, all!
thank you dear ladies, I'm sure we'll figure it out.
Go Bernie!! ;-)
How do we all march through aging??? Step by step, I guess. RA doc
says that it is counter productive now to do any more cortisone shots in
my still inflamed, but better, shoulder. She thinks I will do better with at home
physical therapy on the shoulder twice a week. She actually thinks once a
week might be enough, but insurance won't cover unless scheduled for
twice a week. I asked her to set it up with Care South--had them after last
hip -thigh problem three years ago and was quite satisfied. Excellent therapist.
At least I won't need to waste time, strength, monrey on getting in car, having a driver,
going, coming, etc. Also having our very good mailman worry every time he sees me
going out or coming in the back entrance! Love you all.
Shirlee do you ever use Arnica cream or gel? It helps with inflammation and muscle pain too. Have the massage therapist use that unless they have something that will work better. Hope the massage helps! xo
Here's the Text of Bernie's Kickoff speech. Lots of good quotes in there. Which are your favourites?
https://berniesanders.com/news/bernies-announcement/
Shirlee, how did it go with your Doc regarding having no more PA?
(And GOOD FOR YOU!!!)
So y'know how I got sick at the start of May with fever and cough? I am not all well yet. I have the cough still and bring up a little phlegm a couple times a day (and I've never been a smoker). At least it's gone from green to yellow to clear now! I had such a weird headache yesterday, with dizziness and a little unusual jaw pain, that I popped over to my Dentist to see if my new night guard were the culprit. Nope. At least today I am a LOT better, though tired. I guess being out in the hot sun on Tuesday for 5 hours was too much. Anyway, I'm gaining ground again. Hopeful!
Listener, sounds as though you had an infection of some sort.
PA question was put off because doc will see me in two months
to check on therapy.
Jo, I have used Arnnica in the past. Inflammation now needs to
be controlled with heavy duty drugs--Humira and Imuuran. I always
Keep some arnica around for unexpected muscle damage--dropping
heavier things from fridge on my feet, or stretching my shoulders
while getting dressed. Very helpful. Thanks for the reminder.
It has helped to switch to smaller, lighter containers in the fridge and skip
any clothing which needs to be struggled into-- but which will stay on my
disappearing shoulders! Stretchy knit tops work well. Wonderful to have
a support group here each with our own problems!
Listener, jaw pain and dizziness is the number one identifier for me that I'm in fib. Get checked out! Yes, hot sun can do it, too. but never take anything for granted.
Been a rough week for me and Burt.
* Friday, Washer died and had to call repairman
* Sunday, Boss called me while we were at FolkLife festival and notified me that a co-worker had died the night before (this causes MUCH stress as need to worry about covering for her.
* Sunday, as a result of stress about co-worker, wound up in fib while at the FolkLife Festival and was taken to emergency. sigh...
* Tuesday, car died as a result of leaving a small light on in the car overnight.
* Tuesday, notified that another close friend had passed.
* Tuesday, wound up in fib again as result of concern for friends family.
That pretty much covers it. They say trouble travels in threes and I had a double whammy. Just want to crawl into bed and cover up my head.
Amen to the Wonderful support group here. Love you all!
Oh Barb! Love and light to you. May this be the end of your troubles for a long time to come.
Shirlee I am amazed at what you go through, you are one strong woman.
Listener I am hoping you feel better soon. Thanks again for being there for Bernie and all of us!!
What a month this has been for everyone! Love you all, thank you for being here!
My love to you all. I'm sorry for the illness, the pain, the troubles, but how courageous you all are and so good.
Deep from the bowels of browser breakdown, am running in safe mode at the moment. (Wont run any other way.) May need the grief of downloading something else. Been doing disc checks and system restores up the yang yang. Nothing working.
DID manage to watch They Might be Giants--what an utterly lovely thing it is. Edwin right, as usual.
For the rest of you fine warriors, carry on!
Thanks, Puddle...it is either carry on or give up...and we ain't doin' THAT!
Hope the bowels of your browser....stay in the light for a while.
I wish, wish we could wire up the whole country so everyone has
access. We do phone and electricity, why not high speed internet!
Love to all--have a happy week-end!
Peepers seem to have given up weeks early. BUT we have fireflies already!!
Legally, Shirlee, rural areas are not to be left behind. Law doesn't seem to have any teeth. Nothing protecting the poor does, it seems.
It may be rural areas in general. I have children in sw Michigan...and they often
get dropped?.especially when driving. Not that they should be calling when driving--
but daughter number two works a full time job and has her own business besides.
Sometimes the only time she has to call is between jobs. They say the problem is
not enough cell phone towers in a triangle between Lansing, Grand Rapids and
Kalamazoo--still mostly good farms and small towns.
Looks to be a lovely day here, time to get dressed and head out for a stroll on Elm Street!
Have a happy day all!
What's with the big advertising banner right above the text box??? Big ad for Hawaii, then it changes to, "This content requires Media player 12.2 update. Would you like to install now?" NO!!!
Got a robocall from a "energy company' that wanted to ask 3 short questions about energy. So I thinks to myself, YAY! gonna let the know exactly how I feel!" First question - "press 1 for yes and 2 for no - Do you feel that we should stop using all fossil fuels immediately?" About killed the phone from hitting ONE so hard. Next statement, "Thank you for your time today" Ya thin they were maybe looking for a different answer? HAHAHAHA
Bozo's
Ad seems to be a Trojan. have to bail.
After all that yesterday, my browser's working just fine today. Perils of a Mercury Retrograde, I guess, lol! Keeping crossables crossed!
Didn't want to go to bed night before last because morning before last, found a tick on my foot in the morning (not burrowed in, just walking around)--picked it off and was looking for a way to destroy it, when it cleverly escaped, and couldn't be found. So was certain it was up there, just waiting for me. Wasn't, and last night was okay, too. But best never to let one's guard down. . . . Beau got a dose of Frontline, so with luck, he'll stop bringing them in.
Well, whatever that ad was, it hammered my main computer and I'm now using the one or Kcdcc while scans are running on the other one.
Thankful for folks here. and, btw, adblockplus.org has a handy dandy program recommended to me by my IT guys that's free and effective. I have it on this computer and just now put it on the other one!
XOXOXO
Best place ever to find advice on any topic is this blog!
Ticks, computer bugs, health...and oh, yeah...politics
And reports on the activist Dean related tribe!
Happy Saturday evening!
Barb! I'm so glad you're still able to be online. Hoping all your computer woes work out nicely and soon.
puddle. Yikes! A tick is worse than a mosquito in the house because you can't hear it coming! We'd never encountered a tick until last Autumn when I found one on the soft area above my left eyelid! About an hour later, Bill found a smaller one on his side. Unsettling!
Shirlee, I love hearing about your walks and excursions! What was happening on on Elm Street today?
I had a rough night last night (4 hrs sleep) due to coughing. I thought I was about done with this illness, so hadn't replenished my cough med or congestion med, and about 45 min after I went to sleep I woke up coughing and had to get up and take care of it. At least I did get in a nap today. First, though, I finished laying bricks on the back porch floor. It has been just a cement slab but we got some nice bricks and it looks fabulous! We still need to rent the cutter and finish the edges, but it's ready for the rug! Just one side of the porch wall to reconfigure and we'll be ready to hang the new door. Can't wait to have it all done and get to just sit out there!!
hello! I shut down my computer early yesterday because we had a lot of little thunderstorms coming through.
I woke up to the saddest news today, Joe Biden's son Beau has passed. this is just so sad. love and light to all of his family and friends, Beau was a wonderful person.
I felt saddened, too, Jo. He's been part of our awareness for so long. . . .
Good Morning,
A beautiful day here. Our son and his wife and our granddaughter are coming up for brunch. I love their thoughtfulness and effort to be with us.
Listener, that virus causing coughing and other complications: low energy, sinus, fever, has gone all over the country. David is coughing again after we thought we were done with it. A neighbor told me her doctor couldn't prescribe any more antibiotics for her. It's a nasty. I do think we eventually get rid of it, but it really interferes with our lives. My thoughts for you. I've tried so many remedies: saline solution, cough drops, mucous reducers, Emergen C, a supplement, etc. I'm feeling pretty good, but no illusions that it can't return.
Yes, Jo. It's so sad, Beau Biden dying so young. I'm trying to accept the fact that we are given a certain amount of time, and that's the reality of being human. To love, to care, to do our best, to understand ourselves and others, and to give what we can is what we can offer life.
Shirlee, I too enjoy your walking excursions and the book store.
Barb, you are in my thoughts. Take good care of yourself. We don't have to go fast; in fact, I think slow is better.
Hi Puddle, so sorry about your phone connections. You are right that rural areas don't get what they need. I think one of Obama's hopes was to make sure everyone had high speed access to the Internet.
And so, a beautiful wonderful wildflower day is my wish for all of us.
Late here in catching on about Beau Biden!! Very, very sad. I have loved Joe from the time I read his autobiography.
Joe is one of the most human, compassionate people in political office. Is that why it feels comfortable referring to him as Joe?
So sorry!!
WOOWEE! Just had a *very* hot set of thunderstorms roll through here. And heard/saw something I never have: a long sidewise moving sizzle and then the light, and the sizzle, thunder, and light kept rolling north. Can't have been very long in actual time, *felt* very very very long. Shortly after that, one so close the windows rattled.
Whew!!
If this works, here are a few photos of our porch project:
https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/11390097_10153630911311754_5302005687432603102_n.jpg?oh=415f4a22e503f00551d5820e10597d7e&oe=560C793E
https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10509563_10153630911221754_2590099672964172864_n.jpg?oh=074df06e456492646a8c875ec7ef2566&oe=560AB4F3
https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11181582_10153633259711754_7606221983575400408_n.jpg?oh=c72648f3ca8fba2d8307ae6f2b8b80a2&oe=560C78E8
https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/11329787_10153633260701754_1090880100164135179_n.jpg?oh=2929bb33f267155e96b72783e3deca4e&oe=55EC30E9
Oops, meant to include:
https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11223819_10153633257771754_3462746361454533151_n.jpg?oh=befc5aca12c1ff041ca3daf860995dd7&oe=55EE75D5
puddle, that sounds a lot like Ball Lightning! Thrilling!
Thanks, Pat, I am actually encouraged to know I'm not the only one and that it just takes time to get though this illness. It just seems to stay a little raw. Bill hasn't picked it up and I don't know of ANYONE else around here who has had it. It has made me wonder if I've gotten my immune system built up a little and acquired and allergy!
Jo and Shirlee, yes indeed, it is so very sad that Beau has died.
A life of tragedy turned into a life of service. Such an inspiration and what a loss.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2015/05/30/president-obama-beau-biden-death/UZPmOUH5UYTgTaO8XAxCFJ/story.html?s_campaign=bostonglobe%3Asocialflow%3Afacebook
puddle, I don't know if you can see this well via dialup, but give it a try. It shows a map of lightning strikes realtime!
http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime
Good morning all. Made it through the weekend with no bouts of fib. YAY! Feeling better. A good friend gave us an antique, hand made cedar chest. It was her paternal grandmother's and she's "lost touch with that side of the family". Her loss is my gain. I'll give it a good airing out. I think there is a liquid product that can "refresh" cedar so I'm going to look for that.
Listener, lovely porch!/patio! good job!
Yes, so sorry about Beau. Joe has really had a lot of grief to bear in his life.
I really need to get to this blog in the evening when I can have a bit more time to "chat". in the meantime, much love to all of you.
Off to work for now. XOXO
Barb, what a fine gift!! All you need to do to renew cedar is sand it lightly with a fine grade sandpaper. Wipe out. Go. Easy peasy!
listener, it wouldn't ever finish loading.
Cool! I'll do that! Hopefully that will help that musty, old house smell it has right now.
Rain, Rain Rain! We got 2" over the weekend and another 1.5" by midday today. Eldest's driveway washed out, but he made a place for the water to flow through moderately, then repaired the damage.
Good Morning,
Last night I couldn't access the blog. Glad to see it up and running this morning.
Yesterday, rain showers, but also sun. The wildflowers are starting to bloom, so much pleasure in seeing the green, the leaves, the flowers. Lots of chiming bells, mouse ear chickweed, leather neck clematis, and saxifrage.
Eye appointments today.
Watched Bernie Sanders on Rachel Maddow last night. I'm so glad for the excitement. I'm afraid that Hillary just doesn't inspire me. I think I'm tired of the Clintons, tired of the same old rhetoric, the same old methodology.
Anyway, have a good day today.
Just learned that Doc Watson's grandson Richard Eddy Watson
has died ...early 50's. Waiting for more news from the local paper
Watauga Democrat. Possible heart attack.. Sad loss for the music
world. I know he had three daughters..possibly also a son.
NC will be in mourning.....even non- music lovers knew Doc.
Love you all.
Too much in one day --folk singer Jean Ritchie also died
today. Not such a tragedy, she was well into her nineties.
But still a loss. A generation of folk musicians.passing.....
Aw, Shirlee, how sad to see yet another talented son die young. :-(
Richard apparently died of a heart attack. So sad.
http://bluegrasstoday.com/richard-eddy-watson-passes/
Oh, and yet another musician? RIP Jean Ritchie. Would that everyone could live well into their 90's. XOXOXXX
Thanks for the link, Listener. Jean Ritchie has been part of my life
Since the 1960's. And among the first of the LP recordings I had.
I now have a whole collection of her songs on cd's that Brenda gave
me for Christmas. Also have her family's song book with music and
The stories behind them-- of course now my fingers don't work so well
but it is gratifying to read the stories and pick out some of the tunes
On my keyboard. Brenda and I had seen Richard on stage with Doc
Two or three times since I have lived here. After Doc quit doing long
Tours he still did some short tours for the home folks. He was such a fine
man, performer, storyteller, he is sorely missed!
Listener-- thanks for the photos of your brickwork. It is beautiful. I love brick
inside and outside. Physical therapist was just here from CareSouth. About four
weeks of twice a week visits. If more needed Doc will OK it. Good many tips
suggestions for protecting and strengthening the shoulder. And yes, Medicare
covers it all--if not Care South will cover it.
Da posh, wants to rain day here in GSO. Love to all...take good care.
Aw, thank you, Shirlee! It was a TON of work (literally!). We had to pick out the bricks and put them on a cart, then buy them and put them into our cars, then drive them home and load them into a wheelbarrow, then bring them out back and unload them onto the porch (3 or 4 trips like this!). Lastly, pick them up and put them in place! Each weighs 5 lbs and there were about 400 of them. Quite the workout! But completely worth it…!
I am very pleased to hear that you have such good healthcare! I am hopeful of good healthcare in retirement as well. We'll see. Currently the company Bill works for has decided to allow ONLY pharmacies in their new system. So we can go to Walmart (over my dead body!), Sam's Club (I've never been in one of those either) or CVS. Forget the fact that I've had the same pharmacist for over 30 years!!! ARGH!! There should be a law against that. Turns out our pharmacy COULD have asked to become part of the Caremark system but the open enrollment is closed for this year. They are going to try to do so next year, but the change to my insurance starts July 1st. Grrrr.
Another frigid day (55ยบ). Seems like unseasonably warm alternates with unseasonably cold, lol! Never just seasonable.
it has been up and down here too puddle. just checked the forecast and we have another night or two in the 30s coming up, this is crazy weather.
so sorry about the pharmacy change listener, I would hate to have to change, I depend upon my gal for a lot of things, she even delivers and refuses any payment for the service. Sam's Club is owned by Walmart so you probably don't want to go there either - do we even have a CVS in the area?
Love to all, sending blessings for good health and lots of laughter in your lives.
Wow, our Seattle weather is being nice for a change. It usually rains on the weekend and is sunny all week. Now, it's rainy all week and sunny on the weekends! YAY. We should be able to take at least one day to enjoy it. the other day, we'll be carting stuff to the goodwill to lower our household footprint.
Hope all of your weekends are as beautiful!
Be well, all of you lovely ladies. I love you all.
Listener, it IS sad to lose our independent pharmacies...we had a good
longtime pharmacist downtown, but nearing retirement so he opted to
join our nearest Rite Aid. Michigan State University opted to go
with Caremark years ago. One can get all meds through their delivery
system, I chose to get only Humira--RA refrigerated med. So far monthly
I. Tdeliveries come through fine...any problems are with the
local UPS guy. BEST delivery is still USPS. with local mailman who
knows his customers!
We are having weird weather here also, either damp and chilly or
muggy!
Hi Friends,
Warm, sunny, wildflowers profuse, a gorgeous day.
We were saying yesterday how comforting it is to know your pharmacist, dentist, eye doctor, primary physician. We go to the Estes Park Medical Center, a beautiful building, friendly staff, about 15 miles away. We are very happy with the situation.
Some very busy days lately, finally relaxing, getting some energy back.
I'm grateful for your friendship.
Here there's pretty much two of everything (that we have, lol!)--so two hardware stores, two feedstores, two funeral homes, two drugstores, and two medical deliveries. Trying to figure out *which* drugstore, I called and priced a prescription I had in my hand, and went with the lower priced owner/operator store. Later, I mentioned that to the other pharmacist (picking up a client's meds) and he said, they'd always meet the Pill Box Prices. . . . I said I wanted the one that offered, independently, to do the right thing. . . . It was a good choice. Even with no parking lot. They now mail all my prescriptions.
Qh, that is wonderful Puddle!!! Pat, glad you have a good health care system near you.
Important to keep our.ah...aging bodies tuned up, fed, rested and rejoicing!
New thread!!
Post a Comment