Cuddle your pets tonight, and do something kind for animals in need.
I am unspeakably exhausted tonight, having had difficulty getting comfortable enough to fall asleep last night until 3:30am, then being wakened by VT*Grand at 7:00am!
No Sheriff Chuck, no Sheriff Puff, no Sheriff Hagrid (the new guy Donald Hedrick) or would that be Sheriff Hedwig? ;-) We may have to resort to SnailMail to check on you! LOL!
Three beautiful days so far, wildflowers everywhere. Just watched two adult turkeys and six babies stroll through the meadow. They make peeping sounds, something like kittens.
More pine pollen than I've ever seen: the deck, the porch, the paving stones covered in yellow. My sinus condition is back, and I think that's maybe the reason. Again, an odd summer, not predictable.
I enjoy reading the threads and hearing of the daily activities and concerns. Have a good day, friends.
Oh, Pat, how sweet to see (and hear!) the turkey family in the meadow! :-)
Tree pollen is quite an allergen; we had a lot of the yellow stuff last year, and this year the pollen season has been extra rich, they say. I hope it passes quickly.
Today I was to have driven to NH for a peer meeting of spiritual guides. We've had difficulty this year with weather in the Winter keeping us from meeting several months in a row. So I always look forward to the June meeting, since the weather is too warm for ice and snow, and the days are light so late! So, it got cancelled because too many in the group were busy and we couldn't get a quorum. =Heavy Sigh= Ah well. It rained and was windy anyway. And instead Root*Center*Son came for an overnight and we could catch up, so that's good. Spinnaker escaped twice ~ once last night and once today ~ because she saw a mouse and couldn't contain herself. Silly kitty. She busted through the new screens, too, as they were only stapled in place and the outside trim wasn't back in place yet. There is a HUGE Bleeding Heart plant in front of that section of screen, and we were hoping to wait until it is done blooming to disturb it. I wonder how early they can be cut back without ill effects.
Bernie is polling at 32% in NH, which is pretty good. Hillary is polling at 44%. I hope Bernie can pull ahead.
Physical therapy takes a lot of time --and is very tiring! Therapist in twice a week, goes through old routine, adds new exercises...normal she says . I have said NO To some which are too dangerous too do--standing and moving arm sideways and over my head. I am way too unstable on my feet to do those safely. I must have one hand on the handle of my cart.. Will ask her to modify or leave off those.
Will look. At latest links later--need a nap! Love you all.
Beginning to look like we'll have no June weather this year. Some years, I've only used the A/C once or twice, or even not at all. That year is not this one: have already used it a couple of dozen times--usually not for a whole day; sometimes just to sleep. Gonna be an expensive summer.
Agree, Puddle--all spring I have been jumping between heat and a/c because of the humidity. Now definitely on a/c-- and I am most comfortable with temp set at around 80. Brenda reports prediction for tomorrow is up to 100!
Glad I have no reason to go outside this week and got my bookstore fix last week.
A dour day with a rain shower, cool, around 60 degrees. Tomorrow in the 80s, a warming trend. On the news, wildfires in Alaska, another violent rain storm heading to the Gulf Coast, Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma. Three inches of rain a hour predicted for Chicago. Pope Francis has said that climate change is real, man made, and a threat to human survival.
Am dealing with the sinus condition. It about makes me useless since I'm gasping for air. Darn. I'm such a blithering optimist. Because I got rid of it once, I assumed that it was gone for good. I was sweeping all the pollen off the porch and deck, sweeping it right into my nose and mouth and throat. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb, there's a time when optimism is just unaware.
I also read and heard on NPR that Bernie is getting huge turnouts, 5000 in Minnesota? I'm delighted. I think the American people are disgusted and demoralized by the money/corporate government our representative democracy has become. I will support Bernie. Hillary has achieved much, had great parts to play. But, we need an independent/socialist/democrat and a new start.
Well, have a good evening. I'm going to take my miserable self to bed with a heating pad, cough drops, and hopefully a good night's sleep. Stay well.
Everybody take care! It sounds like you all need to come up to Vermont and hang out in our 70's by day, 50's by night weather, then go listen to Bernie! :-) Wouldn't we have fun? A walk or cruise along Lake Champlain, a little window shopping on Church Street with lunch at a cafe on the brick marketplace, a pilgrimage to the Bookshop I used to work at, then we could pop over to Bernie HQ with some brownies, have a revel over at Jo's to see her flowers and talk and talk and talk, maple ice cream cones on the porch at the Maple Store, a quick stop next door at Snowflake Chocolates to tuck away something to bring home, then a pajama party at my house. :-)
Busy day ahead here. Tai Chi, then I'm subbing at the Library, then I need to work out a disagreement with my dentist's billing office. Grrr. Pray for me about the Library subbing, as I haven't subbed there in over two months! Ha!
Good Lord! This evening, armies, armadas, flotillas, squadrons of teeny tiny millers have made it their bidness to make me miserable--fly in eyes, die in coffee, climb up and down your arms, legs, neck, hair, ear canals, nostrils. Ick ick ick ick.
The porch is just beautiful, Listener. And what a happy kitty!
Puddle, sorry those pesky little critters are making you miserable. NOT FAIR!
I'm sure all of those exercises (even modified) will be helpful to you, Shirlee. So glad you can have someone come in for you.
Pat, love the turkey story but sorry to hear you're not feeling well.
I was so busy yesterday that I couldn't even check in. I'm expecting our IT guy to be here any minute. Installing new equipment at all facilities. going to be another Barbara challenge. Chickadees taking a bath in the little bird bath I keep outside my window so I can watch.
The Library went great! You'd have thought I was gone only 3 days. Strange how easy it was!
The Dentist office was amazing!!! A few weeks ago my dentist looked at my chart and said "You last had a panorex in 2013, so your insurance should cover it." So I agreed to it. Turns out ALL insurances allow pans every 3 or 5 years (NO ONE allows 2!) So I was frustrated that he seemed either ignorant or lied to me. But I walked into the Dentist's billing office and his billing person smiled and said, "I know why you're here and it's already been written off." :-D She said they do this all the time when the dentist feels he needs something for diagnosis and the insurance doesn't cover it. I feel a LOT better!!
Argh, puddle! That sounds like a plague! Any chance you have a container of Oatmeal or rice that they hatched out in? That happened in our kitchen once many years ago, and when our daughter opened the Oatmeal that had been at the back of the cabinet, out poured moths! She was really grossed out by it, but we just set to work making them gone. All the best to you!!!
Lol! No cardboard boxes in mouse-central! The flying critters around here seem to have a "hatching day" (Mayflies are another that seem to have a 24 hour span--but are not interested in invading my living space.) An none in evidence tonight. But last night was *miserable* (and felt VERY personal!!) Kitchen counter this morning looked like I'd spilled a bottle of dill weed, grin (same size and number!).
So, the braid rug basket we bought for the kitties for the back porch has arrived! So here's a link so you can see it, along with some rainbow photos and more. Enjoy!
the braided bowl is beautiful and looks great on the porch! it looks so relaxing there, I love it!
cross-posting from FB:
Okay my friends, I have to share this quick trick with you. I have been trying to eliminate some very tiny ants from my home. I put out baits a few weeks ago and they seemed to be working, I don't see very many in the house, until.... they started targeting my cat's moist food in droves. He's a funny guy, he begs for food and then takes a few bites and wanders off, leaving it alone sometimes for hours. I did a little research and found that ants will not cross a chalk line - people put chalk around areas where the ants enter the house, but I never see where they enter so I took a piece of cardboard, covered liberally with stick chalk and placed Jasper's bowl of food smack in the center. Voila, I haven't seen an ant in the house since. Hopefully they will now stick to the baits as a source of food and soon be gone.
I spent the day cleaning my house so well that two year old Grandson may now come and safely bomb it out. :-D He arrives with his Mom midday and our Youngest will follow later in the day with the truck filled with their belongings. They will spend tomorrow night with us, and the Closing on their house is Friday! Hurrah! They already had an 11th hour glitch, as the seller didn't get the electrical problem fixed correctly. So they are having an estimate done by a master electrician just before the Closing, and the seller will give them the money to have it fixed right. They were pretty tense for a bit today before they found a master electrician who can give an estimate in time. I will be taking care of Grandson on Friday during the Closing and the initial moving in. Wish us all luck!!!
Listener, your kitty looks mighty pleased with your braided bowl! "Ah, ha--my personal hang out place."
Catholic, non-Catholic, agnostic, pagan...Pope Francis is doing things that we, the people know need to be done. Love his strong words on the need to recognize climate change and our moral obligation to take care of our only world.
Ups and downs with my bad shoulder and the physical therapist. I know she is doing the best she can with what she was given to work with--but it is two steps forward and one back. Oh well....onward!!! Love to all Blog Ladies--as Brenda calls this group.
On Thursday my Grandson got into the basket, Shirlee! LOL!
I am enheartened by the words of Pope Francis on Global Warming, President Obama on gun control, and State Senator Mike Johnston D-CO on the hate crime in SC:
A beautiful day today. We walked in the National Forest on Storm Mountain. We were the only two people. Bright pink Loco Weed, Penstemmon, yellow Stonecrop, Columbines, Fireweed, so many wildflowers. David took his camera, Molly walked with us.
Thoughts for you, Shirlee, on your therapy. It takes courage, persistence, and optimism, all which you have.
Tomorrow, Granddaughter's birthday at the beach.
I'm glad you are all here. It's great being Blog Ladies.
Icky muggy but not outrageously hot. BIG STORM coming tomorrow afternoon/evening. Mebbe three inches! Please send "keep away" prayers to this corner of WV.
Way too exhaustified for details, but suffice for the moment to say we took care of Grandson today while his parents Closed on their House of Dreams, and we survived even though (instead of his usual 2-4hr nap) he took only a 25 minute nap! Busy guy!! Everyone is DELIGHTED, though!! And he'll live nearby now!! Hurrah!!! Perfect weather for moving in, too: upper 60s and mostly sunny!
Ah, everyone busy with life. your walk sounds lovely, Pat. Puddle, sending "Keep Away" thoughts your way and Listener, what a fun time with the grand.
I have a ton of stuff to do to try to get all of the treasurer stuff caught up. it's taking WAY more of my time than I wanted it to. Oh well, carry on...
Well, *that* was a doozy! Biggol blunders, and lights, and bucketing rains. Lost my phone line a number of times, but no light flickers. Gone, and just sweet rain. Hopes it stays all gone and far away. Four hours to go on the warnings.
How'd those warnings end up, puddle? Phone line back (sorta?)? Hope you're soon dry and well connected! ;-)
So, guess what. Youngest, known by his sibbies as Gadget Boy, makes websites for a good living, and right out in front of his new house is a metal plate in the ground by the road and the wording on the metal plate reads: "Fiber Optics" LOL!
Best surprise was tearing up two rooms of carpet and finding hardwood floors beneath! They have one room that will need a new floor, but otherwise sanding or carpet cleaning is doing the deed. I washed all the windows in the house and now they're going to sand some floors. LOL. But at least the old dirt is gone.
Still have a flash flood watch in effect until six a.m., but doubt it's going anywhere. Watched all the storms on radar going north, south or east of us. Like Someone had laid their finger right over our corner. . . .
We had a nice Father's Day, here. All the kids checked in and there were some presents, and I took Bill out for dinner at a place new to us out on the Champlain Islands in Lake Champlain. Very nice! Here is my album of the day.
We went to granddaughter's birthday party, Saturday. The kids splashed, swam, floated and bonked the waves with those styrofoam pipes. We were at Lake Loveland, beautiful trees, water roped off for children's swimming. Good food, sandwiches, cupcakes, Doritos and potato chips.
Sunday quiet after Happy Father's Day greetings. Beautiful days here, wildflowers galore. Today I'll walk with the mountain women.
Not much news, still dealing with sinus from all the pollen, though it's much better. Bernie Sanders had over 5000 turn out in Denver to hear him. His career has been one of integrity and perseverance. I'll vote for him.
And when and when will we pass gun laws that have rigorous checks? What kind of country allows its citizens to be victims to an insane ideology?
Went walking with the mountain folks today. We saw hundreds of blue and white columbines. I've never seen so many. There were crowds of them from all the rain of May.
It's always a joy to see the wildflowers. Though they don't make up for a long winter, they are a renewal.
Have a good sleep tonight. I can't think of anything more regenerating.
The northern lights kp is going back up to a 7 in about 15 minutes. If you have clear skies, it might be worth a look. 7 can be seen down to the top of PA and IL and northern NE.
We're off to see the columbines again. David will take photos.
No second hand accounts of the Bernie rally, though from the media, it was very enthusiastic. I did talk to a neighbor who is thinking about supporting Bernie.
Another beautiful day. We're off to meet an old friend from China at Mo'Betta Gumbo in Loveland.
Columbines sound wonderful! And, yes! on the Bernie town hall! want to see more of them. He needs to do more than repeat his stances. While they are excellent, people are going to want more. Like what do you intend to do to achieve those things that the American people want? That is the test of how he is going to get ahead! More specifics.
Pat, oh thank you! the columbines sound lovely! they are one of my favorites, thanks for the visual!
Barb I hope your trade off of bookkeeping duties happens soon, it must be driving you crazy.
listener I am sorry that the lights were a bust, maybe tonight, I think it will be clear. if you can get to the Sand Bar in Milton that is a good place to view, most of the Vermont photos that I have seen of them have been from there.
puddle so glad the bad storms mostly missed you. we have had a lot of rain here but so far have been pretty lucky about flooding and have had sunny days in between. give the pup a hug for me please!
Shirlee I hope your PT gets easier, you are such a strong woman! when you can find a good therapist they are worth their weight in gold.
I'm pretty sure that Bernie is telling what he is already doing about most of the issues that he has been hitting on - he has introduced legislation on most of them and he has been and is working on them every day. if he isn't making that clear he surely needs to!! I'll try to remember to forward info here as I see it re: what he is actively doing and/or would do on the issues. He and Liz Warren had their heads together today during the vote on the TPA, they are surely disappointed.
Jo, we would have headed for the Sandbar, but it was already after 10pm and Bill had to get up for work in the morning, so we opted for Malletts Bay. However, enroute we got word that the kp had gone from 7.67kp to 3.33kp! So it seemed there was no reason to continue. Usually once it begins to wane it keeps waning. However! It resurged to 7 again! Argh! People posted photos from Richmond, VT and Underhill, VT and even from a site in WEST VIRGINIA!! It's only around 5kp tonight, but tomorrow night could hit 7kp again with clear skies. We'll try then!! :-)
Overcast and humid day. Can you give me some instructions for posting photos on the blog? David has photos of the columbines, but wasn't able to post them here or on Facebook. Any help is appreciated.
Just a quickie--phone's been in/out for the past day and a half. More out than on. Now a supervisor is taking an interest, and wants it fixed forever. So we'll see.
Ah, good to be back!! Internet out all day. Just my connection. Brenda called Time-Warner after work and got me back into the world of modern communications!
Thanks for the compliment. Pat. I am not so sure if I am strong or just stubborn! Anyway the physical therapy is on track and two days next week will be my last...unless RA doc gets the report back and thinks it should continue. I will continue to have the massage therapist once a week. Rec. by the surgeon, but she works independently and I pay her. Best $20. a week in my budget!!! Love to all!
While Bill and son Robin were on Malletts Bay in a sailing race tonight, I happened to see an Alert from the National Weather Service about a line of rain and wind (30+mph) that was making its way across Lake Champlain at 40mph! After two text message and 5 phone call tries, I finally reached Bill! He had never before heard me say, "Get off the Lake!" with such conviction. He in turn alerted the person in charge of the race. She took a look at the doppler radar and heartily agreed. We'd had clear blue skies all day and no hint of concern before then. So she had to row back and get the Whaler (motorised boat) as none of the boats sailing have motors. They all raced the storm instead of each other and got into the mooring area safely, but just barely. =Whew!= I'm so glad I happened to see the Alert, and three cheers for the NWS for being on top of it!
Oh, may it be so!! Oh puddle, if that supervisor fixes your phone line forever, I would drive down there, kiss her feet and bestow chocolate upon her!!!!
thanks for the heads-up Barb!! I wonder if those repubs will let it go now. what a lot of their time and our money they have wasted trying to repeal it!!
No! They will never give up. They will try to disable it through the budget process where they do not have to worry about filibuster because it can pass with 51. But that will only be the hard core
62 comments:
I just ache...
me too Barb.
Oh....what a reminder....thank you. Puddle.
We need Dean.
Cuddle your pets tonight, and do something kind for animals in need.
I am unspeakably exhausted tonight, having had difficulty getting comfortable enough to fall asleep last night until 3:30am, then being wakened by VT*Grand at 7:00am!
The Porch is DONE! Here's where to have a look:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153669427411754.1073742072.637766753&type=1&l=418a102813
Phone's been out since early afternoon. Hope it was just a hiccup! But don't send any sheriffs if I disappear, lol!
No Sheriff Chuck, no Sheriff Puff, no Sheriff Hagrid (the new guy Donald Hedrick) or would that be Sheriff Hedwig? ;-)
We may have to resort to SnailMail to check on you! LOL!
Hey, the NY Governor seems to be leaning toward my theory! :-D
From the article:
Cuomo says officials don't know if the men are still in the area or "in Mexico by now."
http://www.wcax.com/story/29317183/the-latest-on-prison-escape-contractor-tools-used-da-says
Good Morning,
Three beautiful days so far, wildflowers everywhere. Just watched two adult turkeys and six babies stroll through the meadow. They make peeping sounds, something like kittens.
More pine pollen than I've ever seen: the deck, the porch, the paving stones covered in yellow. My sinus condition is back, and I think that's maybe the reason. Again, an odd summer, not predictable.
I enjoy reading the threads and hearing of the daily activities and concerns. Have a good day, friends.
Oh, Pat, how sweet to see (and hear!) the turkey family in the meadow! :-)
Tree pollen is quite an allergen; we had a lot of the yellow stuff last year, and this year the pollen season has been extra rich, they say. I hope it passes quickly.
Today I was to have driven to NH for a peer meeting of spiritual guides. We've had difficulty this year with weather in the Winter keeping us from meeting several months in a row. So I always look forward to the June meeting, since the weather is too warm for ice and snow, and the days are light so late! So, it got cancelled because too many in the group were busy and we couldn't get a quorum. =Heavy Sigh= Ah well. It rained and was windy anyway. And instead Root*Center*Son came for an overnight and we could catch up, so that's good. Spinnaker escaped twice ~ once last night and once today ~ because she saw a mouse and couldn't contain herself. Silly kitty. She busted through the new screens, too, as they were only stapled in place and the outside trim wasn't back in place yet. There is a HUGE Bleeding Heart plant in front of that section of screen, and we were hoping to wait until it is done blooming to disturb it. I wonder how early they can be cut back without ill effects.
Bernie is polling at 32% in NH, which is pretty good. Hillary is polling at 44%. I hope Bernie can pull ahead.
Physical therapy takes a lot of time --and is very tiring! Therapist in twice a week,
goes through old routine, adds new exercises...normal she says . I have said NO
To some which are too dangerous too do--standing and moving arm sideways and
over my head. I am way too unstable on my feet to do those safely. I must have
one hand on the handle of my cart.. Will ask her to modify or leave off those.
Will look. At latest links later--need a nap! Love you all.
Beginning to look like we'll have no June weather this year. Some years, I've only used the A/C once or twice, or even not at all. That year is not this one: have already used it a couple of dozen times--usually not for a whole day; sometimes just to sleep. Gonna be an expensive summer.
Agree, Puddle--all spring I have been jumping between heat and a/c
because of the humidity. Now definitely on a/c-- and I am most comfortable
with temp set at around 80. Brenda reports prediction for tomorrow is up to 100!
Glad I have no reason to go outside this week and got my bookstore fix last week.
Take care all..
Hi friends,
A dour day with a rain shower, cool, around 60 degrees. Tomorrow in the 80s, a warming trend. On the news, wildfires in Alaska, another violent rain storm heading to the Gulf Coast, Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma. Three inches of rain a hour predicted for Chicago. Pope Francis has said that climate change is real, man made, and a threat to human survival.
Am dealing with the sinus condition. It about makes me useless since I'm gasping for air. Darn. I'm such a blithering optimist. Because I got rid of it once, I assumed that it was gone for good. I was sweeping all the pollen off the porch and deck, sweeping it right into my nose and mouth and throat. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb, there's a time when optimism is just unaware.
I also read and heard on NPR that Bernie is getting huge turnouts, 5000 in Minnesota? I'm delighted. I think the American people are disgusted and demoralized by the money/corporate government our representative democracy has become. I will support Bernie. Hillary has achieved much, had great parts to play. But, we need an independent/socialist/democrat and a new start.
Well, have a good evening. I'm going to take my miserable self to bed with a heating pad, cough drops, and hopefully a good night's sleep. Stay well.
Everybody take care! It sounds like you all need to come up to Vermont and hang out in our 70's by day, 50's by night weather, then go listen to Bernie! :-) Wouldn't we have fun? A walk or cruise along Lake Champlain, a little window shopping on Church Street with lunch at a cafe on the brick marketplace, a pilgrimage to the Bookshop I used to work at, then we could pop over to Bernie HQ with some brownies, have a revel over at Jo's to see her flowers and talk and talk and talk, maple ice cream cones on the porch at the Maple Store, a quick stop next door at Snowflake Chocolates to tuck away something to bring home, then a pajama party at my house. :-)
Busy day ahead here. Tai Chi, then I'm subbing at the Library, then I need to work out a disagreement with my dentist's billing office. Grrr.
Pray for me about the Library subbing, as I haven't subbed there in over two months! Ha!
Good Lord! This evening, armies, armadas, flotillas, squadrons of teeny tiny millers have made it their bidness to make me miserable--fly in eyes, die in coffee, climb up and down your arms, legs, neck, hair, ear canals, nostrils. Ick ick ick ick.
The porch is just beautiful, Listener. And what a happy kitty!
Puddle, sorry those pesky little critters are making you miserable. NOT FAIR!
I'm sure all of those exercises (even modified) will be helpful to you, Shirlee. So glad you can have someone come in for you.
Pat, love the turkey story but sorry to hear you're not feeling well.
I was so busy yesterday that I couldn't even check in. I'm expecting our IT guy to be here any minute. Installing new equipment at all facilities. going to be another Barbara challenge. Chickadees taking a bath in the little bird bath I keep outside my window so I can watch.
much love to all of you XOXO
The Library went great! You'd have thought I was gone only 3 days. Strange how easy it was!
The Dentist office was amazing!!! A few weeks ago my dentist looked at my chart and said "You last had a panorex in 2013, so your insurance should cover it." So I agreed to it. Turns out ALL insurances allow pans every 3 or 5 years (NO ONE allows 2!) So I was frustrated that he seemed either ignorant or lied to me. But I walked into the Dentist's billing office and his billing person smiled and said, "I know why you're here and it's already been written off." :-D She said they do this all the time when the dentist feels he needs something for diagnosis and the insurance doesn't cover it. I feel a LOT better!!
Argh, puddle! That sounds like a plague! Any chance you have a container of Oatmeal or rice that they hatched out in? That happened in our kitchen once many years ago, and when our daughter opened the Oatmeal that had been at the back of the cabinet, out poured moths! She was really grossed out by it, but we just set to work making them gone. All the best to you!!!
Thanks, Barb! We are really enjoying it now! :-)
Lol! No cardboard boxes in mouse-central! The flying critters around here seem to have a "hatching day" (Mayflies are another that seem to have a 24 hour span--but are not interested in invading my living space.) An none in evidence tonight. But last night was *miserable* (and felt VERY personal!!) Kitchen counter this morning looked like I'd spilled a bottle of dill weed, grin (same size and number!).
Yikes!
I remember vividly a hatching day when we lived in Waynesboro, Virginia. So many flying ants you couldn't take a step!
So, the braid rug basket we bought for the kitties for the back porch has arrived! So here's a link so you can see it, along with some rainbow photos and more. Enjoy!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153674542071754.1073742073.637766753&type=1&l=0d76e50af1
braid = braided
the braided bowl is beautiful and looks great on the porch! it looks so relaxing there, I love it!
cross-posting from FB:
Okay my friends, I have to share this quick trick with you. I have been trying to eliminate some very tiny ants from my home. I put out baits a few weeks ago and they seemed to be working, I don't see very many in the house, until.... they started targeting my cat's moist food in droves. He's a funny guy, he begs for food and then takes a few bites and wanders off, leaving it alone sometimes for hours. I did a little research and found that ants will not cross a chalk line - people put chalk around areas where the ants enter the house, but I never see where they enter so I took a piece of cardboard, covered liberally with stick chalk and placed Jasper's bowl of food smack in the center. Voila, I haven't seen an ant in the house since. Hopefully they will now stick to the baits as a source of food and soon be gone.
I spent the day cleaning my house so well that two year old Grandson may now come and safely bomb it out. :-D He arrives with his Mom midday and our Youngest will follow later in the day with the truck filled with their belongings. They will spend tomorrow night with us, and the Closing on their house is Friday! Hurrah! They already had an 11th hour glitch, as the seller didn't get the electrical problem fixed correctly. So they are having an estimate done by a master electrician just before the Closing, and the seller will give them the money to have it fixed right. They were pretty tense for a bit today before they found a master electrician who can give an estimate in time. I will be taking care of Grandson on Friday during the Closing and the initial moving in. Wish us all luck!!!
Thanks again for the recommendation, Jo! I don't know who they got, but they're getting 2 estimates. :-)
Listener, your kitty looks mighty pleased with your braided bowl!
"Ah, ha--my personal hang out place."
Catholic, non-Catholic, agnostic, pagan...Pope Francis is doing things
that we, the people know need to be done. Love his strong words on the
need to recognize climate change and our moral obligation to take care
of our only world.
Ups and downs with my bad shoulder and the physical therapist. I know
she is doing the best she can with what she was given to work with--but it is two
steps forward and one back. Oh well....onward!!! Love to all Blog Ladies--as
Brenda calls this group.
On Thursday my Grandson got into the basket, Shirlee! LOL!
I am enheartened by the words of Pope Francis on Global Warming, President Obama on gun control, and State Senator Mike Johnston D-CO on the hate crime in SC:
http://blogs.denverpost.com/thespot/2015/06/18/after-south-carolina-this-white-man-sen-mike-johnston-writes-a-letter-to-a-black-denver-church/121286/
Hi friends,
A beautiful day today. We walked in the National Forest on Storm Mountain. We were the only two people. Bright pink Loco Weed, Penstemmon, yellow Stonecrop, Columbines, Fireweed, so many wildflowers. David took his camera, Molly walked with us.
Thoughts for you, Shirlee, on your therapy. It takes courage, persistence, and optimism, all which you have.
Tomorrow, Granddaughter's birthday at the beach.
I'm glad you are all here. It's great being Blog Ladies.
Icky muggy but not outrageously hot. BIG STORM coming tomorrow afternoon/evening. Mebbe three inches! Please send "keep away" prayers to this corner of WV.
Way too exhaustified for details, but suffice for the moment to say we took care of Grandson today while his parents Closed on their House of Dreams, and we survived even though (instead of his usual 2-4hr nap) he took only a 25 minute nap! Busy guy!! Everyone is DELIGHTED, though!! And he'll live nearby now!! Hurrah!!! Perfect weather for moving in, too: upper 60s and mostly sunny!
Take care, puddle! ♥ And BEWARE puddle's stream!
Love to all! :-)
Ah, everyone busy with life. your walk sounds lovely, Pat. Puddle, sending "Keep Away" thoughts your way and Listener, what a fun time with the grand.
I have a ton of stuff to do to try to get all of the treasurer stuff caught up. it's taking WAY more of my time than I wanted it to. Oh well, carry on...
much love to all of my favorite people.
XOXOXO
Very dark, and very still out there! No rain so far today, but I'm guessing that's gonna change pretty soon.
Well, *that* was a doozy! Biggol blunders, and lights, and bucketing rains. Lost my phone line a number of times, but no light flickers. Gone, and just sweet rain. Hopes it stays all gone and far away. Four hours to go on the warnings.
How'd those warnings end up, puddle? Phone line back (sorta?)? Hope you're soon dry and well connected! ;-)
So, guess what. Youngest, known by his sibbies as Gadget Boy, makes websites for a good living, and right out in front of his new house is a metal plate in the ground by the road and the wording on the metal plate reads: "Fiber Optics" LOL!
Best surprise was tearing up two rooms of carpet and finding hardwood floors beneath! They have one room that will need a new floor, but otherwise sanding or carpet cleaning is doing the deed. I washed all the windows in the house and now they're going to sand some floors. LOL. But at least the old dirt is gone.
Still have a flash flood watch in effect until six a.m., but doubt it's going anywhere. Watched all the storms on radar going north, south or east of us. Like Someone had laid their finger right over our corner. . . .
In the event, no rise in the river, not even the merest muddying. Am glad glad glad. Now if the heat would just go away!
We had a nice Father's Day, here. All the kids checked in and there were some presents, and I took Bill out for dinner at a place new to us out on the Champlain Islands in Lake Champlain. Very nice! Here is my album of the day.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153690432456754.1073742077.637766753&type=1&l=f58c7cadc4
Hot hell hole going on here today. Mid August weather in June. ENOUGH!!
Hello on Monday,
We went to granddaughter's birthday party, Saturday. The kids splashed, swam, floated and bonked the waves with those styrofoam pipes. We were at Lake Loveland, beautiful trees, water roped off for children's swimming. Good food, sandwiches, cupcakes, Doritos and potato chips.
Sunday quiet after Happy Father's Day greetings. Beautiful days here, wildflowers galore. Today I'll walk with the mountain women.
Not much news, still dealing with sinus from all the pollen, though it's much better. Bernie Sanders had over 5000 turn out in Denver to hear him. His career has been one of integrity and perseverance. I'll vote for him.
And when and when will we pass gun laws that have rigorous checks? What kind of country allows its citizens to be victims to an insane ideology?
Well, hope your day is good.
Hi friends,
Went walking with the mountain folks today. We saw hundreds of blue and white columbines. I've never seen so many. There were crowds of them from all the rain of May.
It's always a joy to see the wildflowers. Though they don't make up for a long winter, they are a renewal.
Have a good sleep tonight. I can't think of anything more regenerating.
It was a bust. :-( Sigh.
It's a little like being a Red Sox fan, y'know?
Pat, I hear Bernie was well received in Denver! Any first or second hand accounts?
http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/06/21/bernie-sanders-rally-denver-draws-one-biggest-crowds-election-cycle
The northern lights kp is going back up to a 7 in about 15 minutes. If you have clear skies, it might be worth a look. 7 can be seen down to the top of PA and IL and northern NE.
LOVED reading your account of all the Blue Columbines, Pat. I would love to see that. Any photos?
Good Morning,
We're off to see the columbines again. David will take photos.
No second hand accounts of the Bernie rally, though from the media, it was very enthusiastic. I did talk to a neighbor who is thinking about supporting Bernie.
Another beautiful day. We're off to meet an old friend from China at Mo'Betta Gumbo in Loveland.
Have a good day, friends.
Columbines sound wonderful! And, yes! on the Bernie town hall! want to see more of them. He needs to do more than repeat his stances. While they are excellent, people are going to want more. Like what do you intend to do to achieve those things that the American people want? That is the test of how he is going to get ahead! More specifics.
Bummer on the Northern Lights.:(
Busy with politics as usual.
Have a grand day all. XOXOXOX
Pat, oh thank you! the columbines sound lovely! they are one of my favorites, thanks for the visual!
Barb I hope your trade off of bookkeeping duties happens soon, it must be driving you crazy.
listener I am sorry that the lights were a bust, maybe tonight, I think it will be clear. if you can get to the Sand Bar in Milton that is a good place to view, most of the Vermont photos that I have seen of them have been from there.
puddle so glad the bad storms mostly missed you. we have had a lot of rain here but so far have been pretty lucky about flooding and have had sunny days in between. give the pup a hug for me please!
Shirlee I hope your PT gets easier, you are such a strong woman! when you can find a good therapist they are worth their weight in gold.
I'm pretty sure that Bernie is telling what he is already doing about most of the issues that he has been hitting on - he has introduced legislation on most of them and he has been and is working on them every day. if he isn't making that clear he surely needs to!! I'll try to remember to forward info here as I see it re: what he is actively doing and/or would do on the issues. He and Liz Warren had their heads together today during the vote on the TPA, they are surely disappointed.
love you all! xoxoxo
Jo, we would have headed for the Sandbar, but it was already after 10pm and Bill had to get up for work in the morning, so we opted for Malletts Bay. However, enroute we got word that the kp had gone from 7.67kp to 3.33kp! So it seemed there was no reason to continue. Usually once it begins to wane it keeps waning. However! It resurged to 7 again! Argh! People posted photos from Richmond, VT and Underhill, VT and even from a site in WEST VIRGINIA!! It's only around 5kp tonight, but tomorrow night could hit 7kp again with clear skies. We'll try then!! :-)
Good Morning,
Overcast and humid day. Can you give me some instructions for posting photos on the blog? David has photos of the columbines, but wasn't able to post them here or on Facebook. Any help is appreciated.
Just a quickie--phone's been in/out for the past day and a half. More out than on. Now a supervisor is taking an interest, and wants it fixed forever. So we'll see.
Ah, good to be back!! Internet out all day. Just my connection.
Brenda called Time-Warner after work and got me back into the
world of modern communications!
Thanks for the compliment. Pat. I am not so sure if I am strong
or just stubborn! Anyway the physical therapy is on track
and two days next week will be my last...unless RA doc
gets the report back and thinks it should continue.
I will continue to have the massage therapist once a
week. Rec. by the surgeon, but she works independently
and I pay her. Best $20. a week in my budget!!! Love to all!
While Bill and son Robin were on Malletts Bay in a sailing race tonight, I happened to see an Alert from the National Weather Service about a line of rain and wind (30+mph) that was making its way across Lake Champlain at 40mph! After two text message and 5 phone call tries, I finally reached Bill! He had never before heard me say, "Get off the Lake!" with such conviction. He in turn alerted the person in charge of the race. She took a look at the doppler radar and heartily agreed. We'd had clear blue skies all day and no hint of concern before then. So she had to row back and get the Whaler (motorised boat) as none of the boats sailing have motors. They all raced the storm instead of each other and got into the mooring area safely, but just barely. =Whew!= I'm so glad I happened to see the Alert, and three cheers for the NWS for being on top of it!
Here's a photo Bill took while waiting in the mooring area for a motorised ride back in. (They towed the rowboats in, so no one would capsize in them!)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153700678176754&l=e2f1dc0c90
5.8 earthquake near Anchorage.
http://www.ktuu.com/news/news/wednesday-afternoon-earthquake-shakes-anchorage/33758928
Oh, may it be so!! Oh puddle, if that supervisor fixes your phone line forever, I would drive down there, kiss her feet and bestow chocolate upon her!!!!
YAYYYYY!!!!!!!!! ObamaCare UPHELD!!!! 6 - 3 no less. Ok, now I have to go back and read the article!
thanks for the heads-up Barb!! I wonder if those repubs will let it go now. what a lot of their time and our money they have wasted trying to repeal it!!
No! They will never give up. They will try to disable it through the budget process where they do not have to worry about filibuster because it can pass with 51. But that will only be the hard core
We just might need a HAPPY New Thread!! Some week, huh?!!
The arc of the universe bends towards justice, and I think that arc looks like a rainbow tonight! ♡ ♡
Colorful new thread.
Post a Comment