Monday, January 7, 2019

A little late. . . .





































Made this guy nearly thirty years ago for my sister. 
 She says he's still her favorite Christmas thing.

79 comments:

listener said...

He's beautiful, puddle!!
Your handiwork is AMAZING!
Where was the photo taken?
Perfect colours around him, lovely setting.

Madeleine L'Engle always said that Christmas cards aren't late until Easter.
So I'd say your timing is fine!

Pat said...

Thank you, Puddle. Yes, beautiful.

puddle said...

listener--My sister's living room, this year. They just repainted/decorated in blue and red and white. Their house is a 130 year old mansion. They've been rehabbing it for as long as they've owned it.

listener said...

Wow! That's some window!!

whitznd said...

Santa is beautiful! Your craftsmanship is stunning. Thank you!

listener said...

CBS has confirmed the validity of this information. On 9 May 1958 an episode of Trackdown aired in which a conman comes to town and tries to convince people that they need a wall and he's the only person who can build it. The conman's name is Trump. He is called a liar by the Sheriff. The last line of the episode is, "YOu're under arrest, Trump."
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trackdown-trump-character-the-end-of-the-world-episode-1958-tv-series-similarities-western-lawrence-dobkin/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab6a&linkId=62216219&fbclid=IwAR3O9DR8ntgp_TTv-5THy-s0EQzhJcHKNJCLSx_QR-Co7T2jDCRelk_mJKE

Brenda Jane said...

Beautiful Santa!

Cold, grey and damp here. We did not get as much ice as they were predicting. My power flickered but hasn’t gone out yet. Yay!

Pretty quiet in Greensboro now, working, trying to organize my house a bit, reading etc. Heard from my cousin that mom’s younger brother, my Uncle Dave, is not doing well. At home with hospice and his family. They live in Michigan, he’s just a few years younger than mom, a couple of years ago was still climbing ladders and fixing his roof.

Wishing you all the best.

listener said...

Hallo Brenda!
I actually came by here to ask how you fared in the storm, having just seen that your town got .38” of ice. I hope the trees are okay and that people stayed safe.

Very sad to hear that Shirlee’s younger brother is failing, having stayed spry so long. �� You and your family are in my heart.

We are enroute home from Maine, where we celebrated our Grandson J’s 3rd birthday (which is actually tomorrow). He sure had a fun day!

Take care. Grieving can be exhausting. Be gentle with yourself. ��

listener said...

Emojis apparently didn’t translate.

Should have been a sad face,
Then a pink, sparkly heart.

🙁
💖

listener said...

Canadian air traffic controllers send pizza to US counterparts affected by shutdown
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/13/us/canadian-air-traffic-send-pizzas-to-us-controllers-without-pay/index.html

listener said...

RIP Mary Oliver
The poet who saw the wilderness in humanity
https://grist.org/article/mary-oliver-the-poet-who-saw-the-wilderness-in-humanity/

listener said...

Lately, I've been receiving emails from various groups and individuals asking me to support Bernie in a 2020 Presidential run. Today I received one from Ben Cohen & Jerry Greenfield (yes, the original owners of Ben & Jerry's). And today, for the first time, I responded. Here's what I sent:

Dear Ben & Jerry,

Fellow Vermonter here. We in Vermont know Bernie best, and over the years we have had so many reasons to stand with him, because he stands with us, continually, consistently. No other former Presidential candidate has been out working for We the People as much as Bernie since the last election cycle (and before)! So, naturally, I would like Bernie to run again.

However, I do not want Bernie to run for the Democratic Party’s nomination. It isn’t going to happen. They were terrible to Bernie last time, even though he never wavered and helped them straight to the election itself, and I feel sure they would be terrible to Bernie this time as well. So, while I would be willing to volunteer to do data entry, march in parades and show up for some rallies, I feel I can’t do so if Bernie runs with hopes of the Democratic ticket.

As an Independent, I would love for Bernie to break the two-party mold and run as an Independent! He *is* an Independent and, while the nation was not ready for a third party candidate last time, trust in party politics is at an all time low; so the time is ripe for more options for Americans. In fact, there are more Independents in our nation at this time than Republicans or Democrats, and Bernie would surely garner many voters from both parties as well.

Please confirm my hopes!
Many Thanks for all you’ve done for Vermont all these years!
Warmly, June M. Schulte, Jericho


In Pew Research Center surveys conducted in 2017, 37% of registered voters identified as independents, 33% as Democrats and 26% as Republicans. When the partisan leanings of independents are taken into account, 50% either identify as Democrats or lean Democratic; 42% identify as Republicans or lean Republican. Mar 20, 2018
http://www.people-press.org/2018/03/20/1-trends-in-party-affiliation-among-demographic-groups/>

Pat said...

Thank you, Listener, for the bio of Mary Oliver, and thank you for your letter to Ben & Jerry. One concern I have is the Nader Effect that gave us George W. Bush. Maybe Bernie should run, but should endorse and work for another younger candidate who might inspire the Millennials?

What a time we are living in. I'm so hoping the wisdom, the ethics, the process to bring us to sanity and good will is in the leadership of the Democrats. I've been busy, but will participate soon.

listener said...

Pat, we are long past the Nader effect. I didn't vote for Ralph Nader, but I still believe he had the right to run.

"37% of registered voters identified as independents, 33% as Democrats and 26% as Republicans"

MOST if us are Independents! I think it's high time we had an Independent running for President. The Dems lost their chance last time; I have no patience for their petty politics.

I'm not sure I understand you:
"Maybe Bernie should run, but should endorse and work for another younger candidate who might inspire the Millennials?"
How would he both run and work for another candidate?

What if he were to run for President and choose a young person as his running mate?

listener said...

*MOST *of* us...

Pat said...

Hi Listener, My error, I meant maybe Bernie shouldn't run. If all the Republicans bote for Republicans and the Democrats and Independents are split, then the Republicans will win. Yes, Bernie has the right to run as did Nader, but there are political consequences when one side votes in a block and the others split. I don't have the answer, but I think it's worth discussing.

Pat said...

Laughing here. bote should be vote.

listener said...

:-)

Well, I guess my thinking is that there are a LOT of moderate Republicans who are disgusted with DT and would not vote for a Dem, but might vote for an Independent. I think if any vote gets split it would more likely be the Republican vote. But I know Dems who would vote for Bernie, so I hear you. I think he could actually win, and I haven't seen another potential candidate I can say that about. Anyway, I don't see any point to Bernie running for the Dem ticket, because it's just not going to happen.

puddle said...

Maybe because I grew up in a very political home, I'm very aware of *how many bodies* it takes to make a political party work. The Dems and the Reps seem to be able to muster those bodies. The Indies seem to feel it's beneath them to do that much scutwork. Or perhaps it's something I don't see. But whatever it is, until those bodies are in place and functioning, no Indy's gonna win the Presidency.

We have an Independent party that works, sometimes, here in WV. Called the Mountain party, created in response to mountain top removal. It manages to field candidates for about 5% of the offices, and get enough votes to stay on the ballot. Occasionally, it's joined by the Greens. Which I think have never made it onto the ballot.

listener said...

We've got a fair amount of snow on the ground (22.5"), but what's hard is actually the temperature. We haven't gone above -1ºF in a couple days, and we're aiming for -10ºF tonight. I think I have a touch of Cabin Fever, having been holed up here, with wind chills down to -30ºF. Very rare for me. But! Tomorrow the wind will settle down and by midday we'll finally have + temps again. What I really can't wrap my head around is that we're supposed to have temps around +36ºF on Weds and Thurs. I'm not sure I can IMAGINE temps above freezing anymore.

Pat said...

Hi Listener, Brrr. We've had days of 50 degrees F. and in the teens. Melting, refreezing, and now wind and snow. Yes, cabin fever, and the cold. I don't like the cold. I've heard on NPR that Vermont and Maine and Massachusetts have had stormy winter weather. I don't like winter. And West Virginia and other nearby states have had cold and snow as well. I don't like cold and snow.

About Independents and the Greens. I think money is a major factor in politics. If elections were publicly sponsored, that might make a difference. Bernie's campaign was inspiring. Small donations from many people make sense to me. PACs reek of influence, and bribery. Government should do its job. Instead it's like reality TV. When will the American people stand up to system that's been corrupted? Maybe next election?

Stay warm.

listener said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
listener said...

Let me try that without the typos...

Pat, I think the young people are beginning to infiltrate Congress and the day is coming when the old boys will be history. Then we'll see a blessed change!

We have had storms and we have had a LOT of snow this season. I LOVE snow and I don't mind storms and most of the time I don't even mind the cold. You've heard me say before that I always look forward to two weeks of subzeroes to keep the poisonous critters from migrating north. But this year has felt different. And I know why. A little over a week ago, a toddler in NH opened the door of her house and walked outside at 4:00am. She was clad in only her nightgown and bare feet, and it was -8ºF. The door closed behind her. A neighbour heard her crying (which is why they know she was out there around 4:00am) but couldn't figure out where it was coming from...so they went back to sleep. And it did not end well. That poor mother!! And the little girl has a twin brother. And the mother is pregnant. It kept me awake at night. I researched what that sweet child must have experienced. And I found I could not enjoy the cold anymore. But two things have helped me since then. One is that every time I think of it (like when my fingers began to hurt while I was shoveling), I hold that mother in my heart. The other is that, while some are blaming the mother that the door didn't have a deadbolt [they had just moved in!!], I realised that I could make a list of 50 things that could go wrong when one has moved to a new house with toddler twins and while pregnant and this scenario wouldn't have even made the list. They think she simply went through the wrong door, not yet being familiar with the apartment. But it never would have crossed my mind that a 2 1/2 year old would open an external door and step outside in the middle of the night especially when it's so cold out there. It was just a terrible accident, no different than a child chasing a ball into the road. I hope that mother survives. I will say that the interview they did with the mother's sister let me know that she has the excellent support of a loving family. It still hurts, but I am sleeping again. And I am beginning to make friends with Winter again.

Pat said...

Hi Listener, A sad accident. A couple of years ago, a family that lived near the river and rented out cabins lost their two year old daughter when she went outside and fell into the river in the middle of the night. They've since sold the cabins and moved. The community was sympathetic and tried to help. There's nothing guaranteed, and loss is always a possibility. If we can comfort each other, be grateful for each day that may help us endure the loss and grief.

I grew up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan with nearly six months of winter. I remember feeling cold despite indoor heating, wool sweaters, and other warm clothing. My nose gets cold and then the rest of me gets cold and then I shiver and want to curl up tucked around a heating pad. But, yes, nature needs the cold and snow, and I appreciate that. It's just that I wish I didn't feel it so much. A grin here.

I do love the woods, the meadows, the lakes, the birds, animals, and insects (not mosquitoes though I've read that they pollinate flowers as well) and we are part of nature and need the health, beauty, inspiration, and life it offers.

Yes, may the old boys retire and let new energy, integrity, and vision come forward. All systems need revision at some point. Good to hear from you.

listener said...

Oh, how very sad when something like that happens. Our now 3 year old granddaughter tended to sleepwalk at age 2 1/2. (She doesn't anymore; it was a phase.) That would make more sense than choosing to go outside at night. (Courageous little ones!)

We definitely need young people in politics for their vision and energy and the wonderful way they hold our feet to the fire. We also need the wisdom of some of our older citizens, people who can be the adults in the room. So I think I'd like to see a wise and experienced President and a young, outspoken Vice President. I wonder who would be a good combination?

listener said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
listener said...

Stone's arrest (and indictment) is devastating for DT
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/25/opinions/roger-stone-indictment-bad-politics-for-trump-zelizer/index.html


DT Expected to Endorse Deal to End Shutdown (a temporary measure that does not include money for a wall)
https://politicalwire.com/2019/01/25/trump-expected-to-endorse-deal-to-end-shutdown/

listener said...

(That was me who removed a message. Had to fix a glaring typo.)

Two days ago we had 22.5" of snow on ground and roofs. We shoveled. We raked the roof. Yesterday we had a thaw that melted about 8-10" or more of the white fluff. It froze solid overnight. Today we got a few inches of fresh snow, then the sun peeked out. Absolutely beautiful here. Every twig is holding snow crystals.

listener said...

We got 2" of snow overnight. Just as I went outside to shovel, the wind gusts picked up. When I was nearly done we got a little snow squall. I couldn't help feeling that Mother Nature does not want my driveway cleared. LOL! To be fair, we also had peeks of sun and episodes of blue sky.

listener said...

Pope says 'builders of walls' sow fear and divide
Pope says 'builders of walls' sow fear and divide

Trump calls the Pope "disgraceful."

Let me get this right. The guy who had affairs while his wife was home with a baby, who has been destroying the USA, and who uses mob boss tactics called the *Pope* disgraceful?

I'm so glad the Pope said that people who build walls are not Christian.

listener said...

Bill saw this on Twitter:

MAGA = Many Are Getting Arrested

listener said...

Let me keep company always with those who say
"Look!" and laugh in astonishment,
and bow their heads. ~ Mary Oliver

As you know, each year on Candlemas (Feb 2nd) I melt down a year's worth of altar candle stubs and spend the day hand-dipping candles. This weekend I went to pick up a boxful of stubs from the church that saves them for me, and was delighted and amazed to find six boxes of candles waiting for me!! I stood there in wonder, amazement, and grateful astonishment! (I've been doing this for decades and there have always been just stubs to fetch.) What a sweet feeling of being cared for, then laughter bubbling up from deep within, a mix of wonder, relief, deep gratitude and joy!

Recently, the altar guild directress was clearing out the storage closet and found 5 boxes of apparently very old candles tucked in the back. As they are yellow beeswax, the church had long ago decided not to use them, favouring the usual liturgical white candles (like the stubs). But these are 51% beeswax and excellent quality, and there are dozens of them in each box!!! 😮 I'm not sure I can bear to melt them down (at least not all), so I may dip some into various colours of wax, and simply hand decorate others. Along with the 5 boxes was a box of stubs, and on top of the stack was a box with candle decorating wax! That's timely, as soon I will be hand-decorating the church's new Paschal Candle. ✨ WOW!! ✨

Pat said...

Hi Listener, I posted a comment, but it didn't post. Thank you for sharing your joy at the beeswax candles and your plans.

Windy here but in the 50s. Tonight snow. Ah winter.
Have a good evening dear friends.

Pat said...

I'm unknown now?

Pat said...

I can't seem to post.
Pat

Pat said...

Help. Something isn't working. It won't let me post as Pat.

listener said...

Argh!!

Let’s see if I can post...

listener said...

Yes, I can post. But...I had to start with my Google username and password. That happens when I use my iPhone. Were you using a different device?

listener said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
listener said...

Pat, or maybe you have finally gone deep enough into the Cloud of Unknowing and your new name is Unknown...? 😉

Pat said...

Hi Listener,
Thanks for the suggestions. I don't know what happened. I am using my computer. So, if I'm anonymous, I'll just sign my name Pat.

Hope you are all keeping warm. I heard on the radio that the wind chill could be as low as 50 below zero in the Midwest. It will be in the teens tonight here.

Take care,
Pat

Pat said...

OK, I've edited my profile. Let's see if it comes up.
Pat

Pat said...

Yea!
Pat

listener said...

Welcome back, Pat! I tried to post that late last night, but couldn't get Blogger to behave via my iPhone.



And, guess what!?!! (a little drum roll please...)
🎉Today ALLY MAE turns 12 years old 🕯and she is still cancer free! 🎁

Pat said...

That's wonderful news, Listener. Stay warm.

listener said...

Has anyone heard from Thankful? I'm wondering how she's faring in the super cold temps!!

listener said...

I shoveled today for 2.5 hours. I did our household, out front and out back, and did our neighbour's as well. Her son has paid our plow guy to shovel her out, but today I discovered that's only for snows of 6" or more. Today's was 4". I can't stand to see this woman in her mid-80s shoveling her walkway and clearing off her car, with glare ice in places around the car. So I pushed extra hard and got it done. I went through two pair of gloves that eventually got wet, and finished with bare hands. It was above zero and the wind wasn't bad at that point. Later in the day, though, we had seriously impressive whiteout conditions! WOW!!!

Pat said...

Wonderful, Listener, your efforts, your caring, and you made it. Thinking of you all here and also the Midwest. 40 degrees here yesterday and warmer tomorrow. We got lucky, I think,but the winter isn't over. Mother Nature is complicated.

Love to you all.

listener said...

We are at 0ºF (feels like -9ºF) on the way down to -2ºF. Hard to imagine it will be in the 40s here Mon, Tues and Weds!!

listener said...

Tomorrow on Vermont Public Radio's show Vermont Edition there will be a debate about whether Vermont ought to have a 4 year term for governor instead of the 2 year term we have always had. Debating the issue will be two of our former governors: Madeline Kunin and Howard Dean. Listen to the line call-inn show at noon or to the rebroadcast at 7:00pm:
http://digital.vpr.net/programs/vermont-edition

listener said...

We made it down to -4.5ºF last night. Felt like -25ºF. But we feel warm next to Chicago, especially as we have all the gear and we've been getting used to it slowly for months.

I imagine this intense cold is helping midwesterners understand why here in the Northeast we are capable and independent while also being quick to stop and help someone on the side of the road. Recently, a car got stuck in a snowbank near an intersection. Immediately, the three cars behind it pulled over and the drivers jumped out and pushed the guy's car back onto the road, and they all continued on.

listener said...

I have to laugh that Atlanta is already pretreating its roads in advance of a Superbowl snowstorm. I'd love to know what they're using on the roads. I hope it's sand. Up here we all know that salt is useless when it gets below 10ºF. Maybe they'll just have sloppy wet snow?

listener said...

*ACTION ITEM*
Letters of support are needed from any of you who support the National Nurse Act, which is still in Congress. This message comes from Nurse Teri. Any message of support is welcome. I wrote mine in my own words.
Note: ANA = American Nurses Association


“Hello,

“We learned today that ANA is pulling their support for the National Nurse Act after supporting it the past four years in addition to providing a letter of support. WE NEED ALL OF YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW!!! We would like to have you send this email to other supporters so they too can add their support for the bill.

“Please copy, paste and send this email to ernest.grant@ana.org cc: Ingrid.lusis@ana.org

“***BLIND CC Teri@nationalnurse.org
WE need to track all of these emails— this is very important. Please copy, paste, and edit. You will need to choose from the first three sentences, and be sure to say what you do.”


Hello or Dear President Grant,

I am a long time ANA member from (State). OR I am a nurse from (State). OR I am a long time supporter of the National Nurse Act. I have just learned that ANA is no longer supporting the National Nurse Act, and I am deeply disappointed. The Act is totally aligned with the ANA Code of Ethics.

I write today to urge you to reconsider your position.

A nurse’s practice is based on evidence, not on hearsay. The National Nurse Act continues to receive tremendous support our country from Congress, nurses, and other stakeholders. I am baffled and do not understand the rationale behind this sudden change in ANA’s position.

Health promotion and prevention are critical components of our healthcare system, and we need a recognized nurse leader to provide instruction and guidance to the 3.6 million nurses who are perfectly capable of transmitting these messages to patients and families. Designating the Chief Nurse Officer of the USPHS as the National Nurse for Public Health is timely. It will not require any valuable additional dollars to enact this legislation. No harm will be done to the Chief Nurse Officer position as duties and responsibilities remain as they are currently performed.

I urge you to reconsider your position in a timely manner. The members of ANA who you were elected to serve deserve nothing less.

Thank you,
NAME and credentials
Address

listener said...

I knew it!!

Vermont Edition is just beginning, and the topic is whether Vermont should join 48 other states and have a 4 year term for Governor or keep its 2 year term. 2 former governors will debate it this hour. In favour of the change is Gov. Madeline Kunin who favors 4 year and Gov. Howard Dean who says that a 2 year term keeps the Governor close to the people!!! Love it!

Link to the live broadcast, which will be rebroadcast at 7:00pm today.
http://digital.vpr.net/post/two-years-or-four-debating-length-governors-term

listener said...

"Most of all we need accountability to the people."
~ Gov. Howard Dean

(I'm thinking of you, Jo. Feel free to hold his feet to the fire!)

listener said...

Ohhh, this is beautiful!!!

Speaker Pelosi could force the GOP to vote on DT's alleged "emergency" at the border.
https://politicalwire.com/2019/02/01/pelosi-could-force-gop-to-vote-on-trump-emergency-order/

listener said...

Another new low...

US stops all aid to Palestinians
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-47095082

Pat said...

Thank you for the updates, Listener. It just seems to get worser and worser. What are we going to do about this insanity, this deliberate attempt to destroy our democracy, our stability, our reputation?

It is a tipping point, the designation that Malcolm Gladwell wrote about.

listener said...

I hear you, Pat. It is VERY concerning. And now we have no nuclear arms treaty. I remember how relieved we felt when the 1987 treaty was signed. DT is certainly taking our country "back" ~ to the dark ages!

listener said...

Today I heard about a book that came out last Spring. Madeline Albright's book Fascism is apparently quite good, and very helpful in understanding what is taking place today. Did you know that Hitler got his ideas from Mussolini?

listener said...

Infuriating and utterly senseless! No one in their right mind would choose to restart the nuclear arms race. It seems that DT has gifted the Russians with a free pass to do whatever they now wish. Very hard to believe it's not an act of treason.

NPR: DT Admin begins production of a new nuclear weapon...
https://www.npr.org/2019/01/28/689510716/trump-administration-begins-production-of-a-new-nuclear-weapon?fbclid=IwAR1H_jcsxGzZhQs0caxrEnl_RXEYUKiRWhB9bmtZBqxPPUkXjWADnGiQY_w

listener said...

So that I'm not posting only gloom and doom.... here is my album from Candlemas Candle Dipping!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10157974456146754&type=1&l=d02bd33997

Pat said...

Just beautiful, the children, the candles, husband. Thank you, Listener. This is memorable.

And so we carry on. Sometimes we have to face the worst as in Trump and cohorts to be able to engage and use the energy needed to make the changes.

Again, your love and gifts to family are the best of who we are.

listener said...

Serious icing landed in Vermont tonight. It came in so swiftly during the evening commute that there were scores of accidents including a 13 car pileup on the interstate. Cars were crawling along for hours trying to get home.
And do you know what? Some Vermonters our on their ice cleats and brought coffee, water, food and gas to stranded motorists, or let them warm up in their homes. I love how people here go into action when folks are in need! Weather is such a unifier.

listener said...

our = put
\

listener said...

CNN just reported that both Pat Leahy (D) and Richard Shelby (R) have emerged from the negotiations saying that they have reached an "agreement in principle" that would mean no shutdown. Hopeful!

listener said...

✨💖✨Happy Valentine's Day to all who walk in love! ✨💖✨

listener said...

Want to have some fun this weekend? We could all take part in the Backyard Bird Count! It runs four days, Friday through Monday and you can participate as little as 15 minutes one day, or lots more if you like. All you need to do is record what birds you see and how many, then send in your results online. Read this to know what to do.

http://gbbc.birdcount.org

I'm going to do it! Who's with me?

Pat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat said...

Hi Listener,
Thank you for the posts. It's been windy here; some mountain towns have gotten up to 80 mph winds.

Happy Valentine's Day dear friends.

listener said...

WOW! That's dangerous wind. The mountain tops here had 70-91mph with the storm two nights ago. I think we had 48mph here. It sure was impressive!

Pat said...

Hi Listener,

Today 50 degrees, some wind, lots of sun. We had snow last night, just an inch, and lots of melting. I'll be happy for spring.

It's time for spring cleaning in my house. I think it will take months. A smile here

listener said...

Pat, you certainly get a lot of variety in your weather!

Vermont does too, but yours seems more extreme. There was some lightning seen a bit north of here tonight. We were at our granddaughter's basketball game south of her, so missed it if it came.

DAY ONE of the Backyard Bird Count, at my house:
Redpolls 40
Starlings 8
Chickadees 3
Red Breasted Nuthatch 1
Tufted Titmouse 1

Pat said...

Hi Listener,

Interesting, the bird counts, the Redpolls so many more than the others. I haven't put out feeders this year since the last year when I heard a bear on our deck in spring. I don't see as many birds, though lots of pigeons perch on the electric wires. We have ravens, chickadees, nuthatches, pine siskens magpies, stellar jays, turkey vultures, red tailed hawks, though I haven't seen many of any species this winter.

Tomorrow snow.

listener said...

Today I wrote to my State Attorney General, State Reps, and State Senators asking:

Can you tell me why Vermont is not yet listed as a state which is suing to stop the President from using an Emergency Declaration to build the border wall? I was surprised to not see Vermont stepping up. Please tell me that you are planning for Vermont to join the lawsuit.

16 States Sue to Stop Trump’s Use of Emergency Powers to Build Border Wall
https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper/620-california-lawsuit-against-tru/8e2f7958e51b7fbf4c78/optimized/full.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3L1PMn3mMQTaDV5f6L1G84ms0wX7qw4T2z4sBkQjvv93mQ1qccAkcKBsY#page=1

Senators Ashe and Sirotkin responded immediately that they will find out for me tomorrow. Awesome.

Pat said...

You're awesome. Thank you, Listener. Oh it's so cold here, 10 degrees, sky whited out, snow flakes. It took hours to get the temperature in the livingroom up to 66 degrees. But triple layers of clothes and a crabby cat on my lap helps.

Interesting, a dozen candidates for the Presidency among the Democrats. According to the Mayor of South Bend, Indianna, that presages change. How much we need it. He was quite impressive: clear, careful, forthright, a gay may who served in Afghanistan. Would this country elect a gay man for the Presidency? We have a gay Governor in Jarad Polis. How much the world is changing, has changed.

Stay warm and cozy.

listener said...

We have had it very cold here too but that is about to shift. It is currently -1.8ºF, but is already warming up from -2.3ºF a few hours ago. And by Thursday it'll be in the 40's!! We'll have 20s-30s by day and teens at night for awhile, but it's lots better than all the minus temps. Hurrah for cuddly crabby cats! BTW, I have a cat on each side of me. LOL!

I do not think this nation would elect a gay man for President right now. I think it could have happened just after Barack Obama was in, but we have seen the ugly side of humanity hold sway these past two years. I think we need a kind soul in office once first.


So, Bernie has announced.

Okay. I'm in.

I have been pondering this moment for months. I hesitated this morning because with so many people running what chance does Bernie have with the Democratic Party leadership? But he is the one candidate who has been working for the people every single day since the last election. He is consistent, reliable, compassionate and thoughtful. He is experienced and wise and cares enough about this nation to run again, for the Dem ticket, despite what happened last time. Talk about character and statesmanship.

I don't want to experience this election cycle any more than I wanted to go back for a second year of home schooling legislation. But it was the right thing to do, and the legislation passed. This too is the right thing to do.

Let's do this.

listener said...

Here are my SUPER SNOW MOON photos:

Monday evening:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10158031626766754&type=1&l=3b195684c2

Tuesday evening:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10158034258806754&type=1&l=c5fd7e8abe

puddle said...

New thread!!

(No. I haven't died.)