Thursday, June 6, 2013

Pat's joyful spring!




78 comments:

Jo_in_Vermont said...

Howie is still numero uno!

Pat I believe that last photo is of wild asters. Thank you for sharing, they are beautiful!

listener said...

Beautiful! And after all the snow you had, Pat, I imagine you appreciate the blossoming all the more!!

Shirlee in NC said...

And what is that glorious one in the center photo? It is stunning! Thanks Pat, David and Jo--beautiful!

puddle said...

Wild iris.

Shirlee in NC said...

We had and will be having strong, flooding rains from Andrea here in GSO yesterday and tomorrow. I have a prime spot to watch from. Room in re-hab facility looks out on a lovely courtyard. Seems I am doing quite well here.
Plans, therapy etc are now being tailored for possibly going home by mid-week.

Hint--if you ever need to spend time in a care facility it helps to keep some good chocolate near just in case a good nurse comes in with a headache! Brenda helped one last evening who cane back later very grateful!

I bless Lyndon Baines Johnson every time I spend time with docs, hospitals etc. No way could I afford this without Medicare--which picks up a good share of the cost before insurance kicks in. Boo-Hiss on the tea naggers and their ilk!!!!

Shirlee in Nc said...

...well I guess they could naggers..but you all know who they are:)

Thanks,Puddle for the wildflower identification!

puddle said...

Shirlee, so good to hear about midweek! And, lol!, I was wondering if you had enough chokl't to get you through. Guess so.

NAGGERS it is, grin.

Nauseating stat: The wealth of the SIX Walmart heirs EQUALS the collective wealth of the bottom FORTY PERCENT of Americans.

Shirlee in NC said...

Oh, for pity's sake!!!!!! And in the process they have ruined many small business owners and a good many small towns across our country. I will never forget the day I went with Brenda's father to a newly opened Wal-Mart. He was a
Wholesale live bait dealer in MI and was expanding in to tackle. He was hoping to buy stock more cheaply than he had been. What he found was that they were selling st retail for a lower price than he could buy wholesale. The bait business survived anid is now my son's business, but I think they discontinued tackle at some point.

I could go on for hours on the evils of Wal-Mart still realizing that some situations it is the only alternative.

Worst and maybe first of the Naggers!!!!!

Shirlee in NC said...

Oh, for pity's sake!!!!!! And in the process they have ruined many small business owners and a good many small towns across our country. I will never forget the day I went with Brenda's father to a newly opened Wal-Mart. He was a
Wholesale live bait dealer in MI and was expanding in to tackle. He was hoping to buy stock more cheaply than he had been. What he found was that they were selling st retail for a lower price than he could buy wholesale. The bait business survived anid is now my son's business, but I think they discontinued tackle at some point.

I could go on for hours on the evils of Wal-Mart still realizing that some situations it is the only alternative.

Worst and maybe first of the Naggers!!!!!

Shirlee in NC said...

OOPS! Sorry for the double post.

Jo_in_Vermont said...

puddle, sad news. Suellis Kelley passed away. I am waiting to get details from her daughter, I tried to message Suellis a few weeks ago because I hadn't heard from her in quite a while and when I didn't hear from her I checked her fb page. I can find no obituary for her online.

so sad, she was such a passionate person, she helped a lot of people.

Pat said...

Thank you for posting the wildflower photos. Today, hills of penstemmon, a blue/purple trumpet in stacks like flower. Also, it looks like snow, so much mouse ear chickweed on the fields.

Really tired today. Went to a social justice poetry reading last night. Ann Tweedy who has worked as a lawyer for the Native American tribes and teaches law in Minnesota read from her book of poetry, Whiteout. During the open mike time, many read poems, essays, and even sang and played guitar. It was very moving.

listener said...

Shirlee, I'm so happy you might get sprung midweek! And I'm impressed you had chocolate to share. The nurses must love you. We always bring a bag of really good coffee and some chocolates to the hospital for the nurses, when we visit someone who will be there awhile. It's really the best way to help, since happy nurses makes for better care! :-)

puddle said...

Jo, sorry to hear about Suellis. Let us know when you find out what happened. I always find it hard to believe when the souls who feel larger than life pass: it seems they should *always* be with us!!

Pat said...

Yes, I'm sorry too. Let us know what you find out.

Hope you all have a good day today. Off to Daz Bog coffee shop for a poetry meeting.

Shirlee in NC said...

I didn't know your friend, but I know the feeling. Had a dear friend from Minnesota while I was in TX. Talented, principled, compassionate woman. She died after I left--but somehow she is still hanging around. :)

listener said...

"She died after I left--but somehow she is still hanging around. :)"

I liked the way you said that, Shirlee.
Yes, indeed. My friend Jerry May is still with us, though he moved on (as well) back in 2005. "WWJD?" took on fresh meaning. ;-)

puddle said...

Quiet day. Sorta. Boy jumped *off of* the porch, and then found a way to get under it (first time in about a year). By then his cable was too short for him to do much at all. In the process of rescuing him, he stopped and was doing some SERIOUS digging in his old dirt hole. Such joy!! I felt guilty for keeping him out. Till I remembered last summer and the dust problem when he's not kept out. So tomorrow, with hammer and nails and some bigger wood to patch the hole. . . .

Shirlee in NC said...

Well, Puddle--he can't leave you idle--no knowing what you might get up to. Have we ever had a picture of your pal?Would love to see one.

puddle said...

This is Beauregard Einstein Heisenberg two years ago, at about six months old.

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/250403_178906912166541_8218263_n.jpg

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/248470_178911235499442_6099113_n.jpg


This is the boy, two weeks ago, upstairs, waiting for mama to come up to bed, making sure I don't forget he's there. . . .

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/580272_544014545655774_1428600227_n.jpg

And today is the second anniversary of our first meeting and the trip home. A sixteen hour trip all told, both directions and some VERY heavy rain on the return trip. I don't believe I could do that today, lol!

Shirlee in NC said...

Oh my, what an intelligent companion. Somehow he looks as though he is going to win any battle of wits!!!!

Pat said...

A big smile here. Yes, he's going to be a challenge. It looks like he smiles, maybe even laughs, someone who likes fun and is definitely a companion. Thanks, Puddle. Great photos.

Hot here today, am ironing, cleaning, working my way through clutter. We'll go over to the community gardens later and plant some tomatoes, squash, onions, peppers, and other things.

puddle said...

Pat, he does smile! Not too long after he first came, he was sleeping near my feet, and seemed to be practicing smiles in his sleep! Guess you never know when you might meet a new person, and need to win their heart, lol!

listener said...

puddle, I *LOVE* that second photo of Beau!

How sweet that he came to you 2 years ago on June 9th and Mizzen-kitty came to us one year ago on June 9th! Spinnaker arrived three days later, once the vet cleared them to be together despite both having congestion. Mizzen's was much worse and we nearly lost her. But with due diligence, and her raw determination, she pulled through! I think it helped her enormously when her sister arrived, because as soon as she saw her, she ran underneath her. That was easy because, despite them being litter mates, Mizzen weighed a pound less! They played a bit then cuddled. :-)

listener said...

Here's a photo of Mizzen last year:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151025913161754.484817.637766753&type=1&l=4c82a57c1d

puddle said...

Quiet day here. Lotsa rain off and on, but no real difference in the river, which was over the bridge first thing this morning. They've removed the flash flood warning, and substituted a maybe warning for direct wind and tornadoes. Just now, clear and not raining. Kiddle just wrote to say *they* are flooding. . . . And radar sez that is where the storms are.

I like that it's dropped the overnight temps into the fifties. I'd wakened last night and turned the a/c on. . . .

Pat said...

Hi friends,

Hot dry wind today, about 10 drops of rain. Tomorrow will be the same. I so hope that we won't be back into drought weather.

More wildflowers: today expanses of penstemon, yellow mustard, and the first wild rose in bloom on the canyon road to Storm Mountain.

Saw an old friend from the Dean Meetups, both of us have missed the interesting people and conversations. Those were invigorating events.

We have 9 counties who want to secede from Colorado and create their own state of Northern Colorado. Why? Gun laws, mandates for 20% renewable energy in a decade. Do we get crazier by the day in this country?

Well, off for the night.

whitznd said...

Back from Colorado. What a grand time with all the grandkids and my son and significant other.

The wedding was beautiful and my dress matched the wedding party in color. Took some videos and some pictures. What marvelous quality the little tablets take.

Being a grandma at a wedding prep was fun; fixed a head of hair here, tied pretty bows there, sewed my granddaughter into her dress because she has to get a bigger size for it to fit over her hips and then the top is too big. So I whipped out my needle and thread and took a tuck next to the zipper.

Colorado Springs was mostly hot, but I enjoy the heat when I can get it.

Good to be back with my sweetie and that darned chicken. She is holding steady at 1lb, 1.6oz and good and feisty and loving.

Warm hugs to all of you, I've missed you all.

Shirlee in NC said...

Nice description of wedding festivities, Barb--thanks.
Brenda and I will be making the drive through the mountains to MI in August for my youngest granddaughter's wedding.

I am determined to re-coup and make this one. Missed the first two --however I won't be a lot of help in the sewing department,

whitznd said...

Shirlee, you just need to be handy in the Gramma knows a lot more than you think and she loves you a bunch, department.

Shirlee in NC said...

What good advice, thanks Barb.

Shirlee in NC said...

Tip for Listener--I am not sure what kind of library you work in, but am assuming it is a public library, but not huge.
I have from the GSO public library an audiobook version of
"The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin" which is just excellent. I have a good edition in book form at home.

Because Mr. Franklin was such a good narrator with lots of detail, I am finding this version much more accessible.
This version seems to have been done by
Audio Adventures, Landmark Audiobooks
200 Skipjack Road, Prince Frederick, MD. 20678
Phone. 1-800-551-6692
5 discs I don't find a production date

Because you are in New England :)

Pat said...

HI folks,

Four forest fires burning in Colorado. One in Rocky Mountain National Park, west of the park, about 100 acres of beetle kill on fire. They are trying to put it out as the low humidity, wind, and high temperatures are too dangerous.

We're going camping for a couple of days. Will check in when we return.

puddle said...

Beautiful, moderate, sunny day. Just as June should be. . . .

Barb, sounds like a lovely time. Ought to be a few years before any of my grands do that: the eldest just turned 18, and starts college in September.

Boy's made no attempt to get under the porch or under the house. And doesn't seemed stressed about it. So we're both happy wit each other. He IS just a joy of a companion! And really the first animal I've ever had the time to fully companion.

Jo_in_Vermont said...

I got a response from Suellis' daughter. I am doing my best to help her put their relationship into perspective and to heal - Suellis spoke often of her and felt guilty for haing made her children's lives so hard, I spent a lot of time talking to her about is so I hope what I can share with Melanie will help. here's the gist of it:


Melanie: Not sureb if u knew of my mom's twenty year struggle with the Aids virus... but after a 20 year battle she passed due to complications... almost 100 percent liver failure... the last time I saw her she couldnt speak, move, or even blink... I said my last words to her and despite the fact tha5 shw couldn't move I saw a tear stream down her cheek and ahe tried with all her might to squeeze my hand ...her loss was very painful...as she and I and I had a deep love for eachother..and yet we were estranged... I spent many years being angry at her andvwith her disease.... I thought shed live forever..she died two days after christmas.... I sm very sad


Thank u for giving me the oppurtunity to talk about it...

Im a new mom...a nd the demands of my one year old create a lackbof grieving time

Her death is a black hole in my heart. Im filled with a lot of regrets

Jo_in_Vermont said...

ah, I think it's helping. I just got this from her.

Thank you...u words are healing and needed..im graTeful

Jo_in_Vermont said...

so anyway, I don't mean to share her personal info, I just wanted to let you know about the passing of our friend. perhaps my friendship with Suellis was meant to happen so that I could be here for her daughter.

God bless you and all of your loved ones, Suellis! you were an amazing lady and I will never forget you. rest in peace sweet one. <3

listener said...

Wow, Jo. Good for you being there for Melanie. That's the best parting gift you could give Suellis, and I'm sure you've thought of that.

Here's a poem a coworker gave me today. Feel free to share it if you think it might help.

SHE IS GONE (author unknown)
You can shed tears that she is gone
or you can smile because she has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that she will come back
or you can open your eyes and see all she has left.
Your heart can be empty because you can't see her
Or you can be full of the love you shared.
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
You can remember her and only that she is gone
or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.
You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back
or you can do what she would want:
smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

I'm thinking that Melanie's child will have a much sweeter, richer relationship because of what Melanie has learned from this time of parting and grieving. There is no right or wrong way to grieve. It isn't time that heals, it's what we do with the time, or better, what we receive in the time. It is good that Melanie can talk about this with someone who has compassion. I am grateful.

listener said...

11 more days until Dean's 10th!

Who is coming?

Jo, won't we need a place for bloggers to meet up at Oakledge Park? How about we hang some kind of banner near the ice cream vendor (which I assume will be Ben & Jerry's)? I'm thinking that will be easy to find and we can keep checking for new arrivals or post a sign and map at the banner saying where to find us, if we want a different spot once we're there.

Does anyone have a big DEAN for America banner still? What else might work? I think it might want to read "BLOG 1.0" somewhere! What do you think??

listener said...

So, friends, when did you first notice Howard Dean's message?

whitznd said...

We're having a 10th reunion here in Seattle. I'm bringing that banner I made for the Sleepless in Seattle tour. Way too late to be posting.

hugs all around

listener said...

At precisely 3:30am today I finished grandson Rowan's baby quilt! Youngest (Rowan's Dad) comes tonight for dinner and is staying overnight. I *very much* wanted to be able to give it now, in time for Father's Day! :-) =Whew!= I am headed straight to bed, will sleep until I wake up without the alarm clock, and proceed to clean house with a right good will! I am feeling such immense gratitude right now and have been pondering the beauty of imperfection. I think that will be my theme for the accompanying card. The quilt has many quirks and imperfections, but I love it just exactly as it is, because it was made all by hand and with Love.

I would appreciate examples of the Beauty of Imperfection, if you can think of any. You know...like Stephen Colbert's ears. ;-)

Jo_in_Vermont said...

thank you listener, I didn't get to say goodbye to Suellia but I found a way to let her know how much I cared about her. the poem is nice, I have said some of that to her, but not the negative choices, right now I think she feels guilty enough and might 'hear' that louder than the positive ones.

re: imperfections I am at a loss to help right now. imo it's the imperfections that make things beautiful, special.

Jo_in_Vermont said...

it has been such a crazy week, I don't remember if I posted about this here - my daughter in law's cousin's 3 month old daughter died in her sleep last week. it was heartbreaking, she was the first child in that part of the family, I can't imagine the pain. I spent a lot of time with my grandsons while my son and his wife went to the wake and funeral. it was so sad yet being with them is always joyful and reminds me of how blessed I am to have 5 beautiful and healthy grandchildren. they are precious to me! both days my 3 yr old grandson Joel pulled me close and whispered in my ear that I am his best friend! talk about melting with love!

Shirlee in NC said...

Listener and Jo--thank you for your wise words on love, imperfection, loss and grieving.

puddle said...

The Beauty of imperfection?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Did God Know?






Did God know that Adam and Eve
Would tell him to take a hike?
The Christian sed~~ Sure.
He could have made them different.~~

And didn't.
He was tired of the endless
Yessssing of the angels.
The incredible whitness of wings,
Goldness of horns and haloes,
The sticky sweetness of praise.
Bored, indeed.
Looking for a little lightliness,
in search of something a little
interesting.
Widen the scope:
To have an occasion to laugh,
To be charmed,
To weep

And, as usual, succeeded

Julie Li
12.30.03

puddle said...

listener, get in touch with Jessica -- she's putting together something with the bloggers. Rich will be coming down from Canada, among others. David A Stevenson is planning on coming with his new lady.

puddle said...

Speaking of ears. . . . I have no curl on mine, and when I was born they were plastered flat against my skull, invisible. My father's first words on seeing me for the first time were: Oh! She's deformed!!

whitznd said...

oooooo! wish I could go to Burlington. would love to see that gang. But I guess I'll be content to see the folks here. Will definitely be thinking of all of the Deaniacs!

Jo_in_Vermont said...

Just checked my online mail and found this:

On June 23, 2003 a little-known Vermont governor formally
announced his candidacy for President of the United States

Do you know the story behind the campaign that captivated grassroots
voters and confounded the political establishment? Well, now you can.

Do The Impossible: My Crash Course on Presidential Politics
Inside the Howard Dean Campaign
By Kate O'Connor

Starting with the campaign's humble beginnings, this day-to-day account chronicles both the highs and lows as Dean and his staffers learn how to deal with the double-edged nature of popularity.
___

"Do The Impossible is a great book for anyone who worked
on the campaign or cared about it." - Gov. Howard Dean

To read an excerpt or order the book go to www.kateoconnorvt.com

(Join Howard at the 10 year reunion celebration! Go to www.deanreunion.org for more information.)

http://www.kateoconnorvt.com/

used and collectible versions - not cheap!!!
http://www.amazon.com/Impossible-Course-Presidential-Politics-Campaign/dp/1605711160

puddle said...

Hoping Ms Shirlee made her escape today, and is home in her own bed. . . .

My teabagging cousin made a pretty upset post about the sentencing of the shoe bomber, and the judge's super patriot lecture on sentencing that the main stream media won't cover. I pointed out that CNN and the NYTimes did in fact cover it--in January of 2003. . . . One day she's gonna stop speaking to me.

Shirlee in NC said...

Thanks, Puddle. Didn't quite make it today, but Brenda will be lighting fires under appropriate butts tomorrow in what she is calling Operation Rescue. This bed is NOT comfortable for me, my beautiful metal Mexican style bed frame has had it's four legs shortened to make the whole thing the approximately 22 inches from the floor the good
PT decided was the saddest for me. That was done by the tech guys at the Carolin theatre --long time workers with Brenda in various capacities. Rather like an extended family. Blow up in the PT department here and I am not getting quite the amount of PT I need.

Will be arranging with one of the two agencies which seemed from the brochures to be a fit for me therapist, nurse, an aide according to Medicare rules. Daughter Dana from Cincinnati is dietitian in a large facility and knows the questions to ask has been delegated the job of checking the two out.

Again, Bless You--Lyndon Baines Johnson!!!!

Shirlee in NC said...

....safest....NOT ...saddest. And it is the Carolina theatre, restored 1920's. elegant movie theatre.

Jo_in_Vermont said...

Good morning! Shirlee I am so glad that you have such good and loving care! Love and light to you!

I'm not sure how many of you know of Arshad Hassan, he has been with Democracy for America for years, I think since 2003. He's a wonderful guy, he has traveled all over the country training dems how to get dems elected.

He married his partner a few weeks ago and his father who had never accepted that he was gay made a surprising and wonderful toast at his wedding. I was so moved by it and aooarently so many people were that Yaho had a slideshow and info about his wedding! it's lovely, great photos. it's a bit hard to read the whole toast so I will find that and past in the ext comment

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/gay-marriage-profile-arshad-hasan-and-abbott-stark-slideshow/?format=embed#mediaphotosbobaspotlightgallery=%2Flightbox%2Fgay-marriage-profile-arshad-hasan-and-abbott-stark-slideshow%2F

Jo_in_Vermont said...

“I had no idea what to expect,” Hasan continued, “and I was pretty sure I was not going to like it. But [he] went up there talking about me as his son, how he loved me, and how he wanted more than anything else for me to be happy. He talked about how he saw that Abbott made me happy, and that's what mattered. Right there for the first time, he gave us his blessing. He said the things I'd been waiting to hear for 12 years right there at my wedding. It blew me away. Abbott told me to go to him, and I did. We embraced, all three of us, and I cried in my dad's arms like I was a child. I would never have expected, and could never forget, this moment.”

Jo_in_Vermont said...

dang, his fb page has .been bombed by friends congratulating he and Abbot and reposting the yahoo links, I can't yet get to the post he made about the toast but the quote above gives you the gist of it.

I am so happy that these two men who are so devoted to each other, so in love were able to pledge themselves in marriage!

Shirlee in NC said...

Thanks, Jo. I DO have great kids and will be SO happy yo be home. I didn't KNOW Arshad but certainly remembr his name from my multiple daily check ins of the Dean Blog.

Thanks again for making it possible for me to comment and get to know some REAL Dean supporters. I tried during that time to get some other Dems in Palacios interested by printing speeches, explaining, etc. Not much luck. There was an active Dean group in Houston and spoke there at least once. 90 miles from Palacios--in a large venue.

Love you all, Here!

Jo_in_Vermont said...

you're so welcome Shirlee, it has been wonderful getting to know you as well! so happy that you are going home soon!

want to also send light and love to all of those in the path of the fires in Colorado. I hope they don't threaten you Pat!

xoxoxo to all of my friends here!

Shirlee in NC said...

HA! Looks as though I may really be sprung from here
Saturday morning. A few more hoops and OKs to get, but Brenda's planning and calling is paying off. I just passed the occupational therapist's ultimate test bathing and dressing with no help. Have been doing it for several days
--just nobody watching! Home health agency contacted--have what I need. CareSouth covers both the Carolina's, Virginia and West-by God Virginia. This afternoon we meet with a social worker, therapists, nurse etc. Get doc's OK
and head back to 216!!!!! Every aging Mom should have a Brenda or Puddle's KIddle!!!!

Shirlee in NC said...

I hope Pat and her husband don't have to go through a repeat of last summer. Worrisome weather reports from that area.

puddle said...

Whatta day!! All hat, no cattle, and glad for it. This could have been downright ugly, and it hasn't been. At all.

Right about the kiddles, Shirlee!! Glad you're getting out and soon! I remember the night they unhooked me from ALL my IVs, and I danced around the room and down the hall!! Literally!

Shirlee in NC said...

What could have been downright ugly--the weather? We have had some nasty thunderstorms and sudden drenching rain here! Hope it was nothing else.

puddle said...

My kiddle and his kiddles: http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1010493_4175120274614_480558235_n.jpg

puddle said...

Shirlee: THIS was the prediction

Please be aware of the Thursday forecast! A complex of showers and thunderstorms will accompany a strong front and track in our direction from the Ohio Valley by the afternoon and evening, producing heavy rain and dangerous wind. Heavy rain could aggravate already swollen creeks and streams, leading to flooding concerns. We're listing Thursday as a "SWAD". Please stay tuned to the latest forecast as we approach Thursday.

Jo_in_Vermont said...

nice looking family puddle! is this recent, did your grandson just graduate?

glad the bad storms missed you, may they continue to go around you!

Shirlee in NC said...

Oowie---that does sound like a dreadful/dangerous forecast.
Happy, happy that it turned out to be all hat!

Your Kiiddle looks like a patient, caring person. I love his gentle smile. And HIS Kiddles are just beautiful!

Thanks for the photo.

Love to all,,

puddle said...

Jo, yep, brand new grad. Starts college at the University of Baltimore in September. His first time really away from home (but not too far, lol!)

Shirlee, agree!

puddle said...

About that smile. . . . Grandson, 1992; Grandfather, 1942. Ages 28 and 33. . . .

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/40773_110665235657376_5329816_n.jpg

Interesting-- just realized they both got married at 28.

Shirlee in NC said...

Wonderful, Puddle. Thank You. I love tracing family resemblances. The rest of my family was at The Rock
Last week and there are several great photographers in the bunch. Now my second daughter Kris tells me that my youngest great grandson looks like me--or pictures of me as a kid. Need to search through our files and see if I see what she sees.

listener said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
listener said...

Sure wish we could edit instead of just delete!


{{ Jo! }}}
I'll write more soon, but owing to the hour...


Howard Dean will make an appearance in just 9 days!

Meanwhile, here's the link to photos of Grandson Rowan's baby quilt that I made. Enjoy!
Howard Dean will make an appearance in just 9 days!

Meanwhile, here's the link to photos of Grandson Rowan's baby quilt that I made. Enjoy!


{{ Jo! }}}
I'll write more soon, but owing to the hour...


Howard Dean will make an appearance in just 9 days!

Meanwhile, here's the link to photos of Grandson Rowan's baby quilt that I made. Enjoy!
Howard Dean will make an appearance in just 9 days!

Meanwhile, here's the link to photos of Grandson Rowan's baby quilt that I made. Enjoy!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151754278546754.1073741852.637766753&type=1&l=282581afc2

whitznd said...

Oh! So happy for Arshad! Met him at a small meeting at an Asian type restaurant where we were meeting about a state bank. WOW OH WOW! Isn't that grand. Loved the pictures.

Shirlee, glad you're outta the coop and back where you belong.

Puddle love the pix of kiddle/grandkiddle.

Listner, beautiful quilt. Hurrah to you for making it.

Jo, hope those Colorado fires don't get to you this year. When I went to CoSprings, we had one wedding (my granddaughter) in CoSprings and traveled through the Black Forest to get to the wedding of my son's girlfriends middle daughter. So sad to hear of, and see, the destruction.

Howard will be here on MONDAY!!!!! OMG! I'm so excited! There is a small reception at 5:30 and another larger one at 6:30. I paid for Burt and I to go to both. Will have cameras at the ready!

Love and hugs all around.

Shirlee in NC said...

Have a grand time, Barb and thanks of your good wishes.
Actually leaving tomorrow. Takes 24 hours to make all contacts. Doc to sign off, chosen Home Health Agency contacted and Brenda has the hometown helper crowd organized for a move out and a move in!

puddle said...

Don't have a clue as to why, but this has felt to me like a whole week of Sundays! Maybe if I went to Meeting any more, it wouldn't, lol!

Beautifully cool and a bit sunny today. Got about half an inch of rain yesterday, so everything's washed and fresh and happy.

Hope Pat's okay. You're on ma mind, Sweetie.

Shirlee in NC said...

Brenda and I had our usual Friday night dinner together here in my room. Celebrating Friday, but also the completion of Project Rescue! Home tomorrow, looks like doc signed off. Coordinator for CareSouth stopped in and lone of their nurses will come to the apartment on Sunday for an evaluation, update etc. Things are movin' and shakin' in this part of GSO.

puddle said...

So glad you're holding your corner, Shirlee! Give Brenda a BIG hug for me, will you?

Pat said...

Home again from camping. First day, helicopters overhead seeding and dropping hay from last year's High Park Fire. (We feel like we're camping in downtown Chicago or on I 25.) Next day, helicopters resume at 5 AM. They stop at noon. Tourists arrive with dogs, kids, bicycles and lots of happy shouting. Nonetheless, wildflowers everywhere, all seeming to come up at once instead of in stages as usual.

We hike, take photos of flowers, Molly Magee romping with us. I can breathe freely, what elation. Few particles in the air.

We have a good time. I come home and hit the pillow for two hours, out like a light as the old saying goes.

The air cooler today. I water the young aspens, blue spruce, red buds, weeping cherry, we go down and get the mail, and I'm pooped.

I haven't read all the messages yet. I'm still tired, will read them tomorrow morning. Thank you, for thinking of me.

Love,
Pat

puddle said...

New thread!