Thursday, June 4, 2015

And more. . . .


84 comments:

listener said...

Dean and strong women are First!

listener said...

My daughter is a FAR stronger woman than am I.

listener said...

Whoo! I'm beat! I spent 9 hours at the Sailing School painting a new compass design onto the porch deck there. It took two hours to sketch my design, from geometrics to the centerpiece of a sailboat sailing in the bay (Malletts Bay, where the School is), and another 7 hours of painting…and it's about 80% done. Tomorrow I will go back and finish painting, then add a layer of sealant. It was a real challenge to work there what with all the comings and goings and people talking to me and watching and one guy even doing repairs on the porch at one point! What I learned about myself that I didn't previously know is that I am able to focus down deep and be more or less oblivious to the distractions. I would never have predicted that.

Jo_in_Vermont said...

Listener your painting is awesome, I can't wait to see the finished work of art! That sounds like a grueling but satisfying project and how exciting that it will be there in a place that you love for a long time to come! You should be very proud of yourself!! xo

LOVELY graphic on this new post puddle! I have no sisters or daughters but I have nieces and granddaughters who I am very proud of and love very much. my 45 year old niece is like a daughter and a sister rolled into one. <3

I have still had no follow up regarding my colonoscopy, I have spoken to my doc's office a couple of times and they didn't want to try to interpret the polyp biopsy and they say they will refer me to a gastroenterologist but that hasn't happened yet. the doc who did the colonoscopy sent me a letter with no results from the exam itself, only a note re: the polyp, that it was not malignant and that I should schedule another colonoscopy in 3 to 6 months for removal of the rest of it. I am very disappointed, my 'new' doc that I like so much is now doing so much research that she is only in the office for patients half a day every 2 to 3 weeks so I am not sure if she has even seen the pathology. I see her on the 16th but I am hoping to learn more about what the path report means before then. sheesh!

whitznd said...

Great graphic and message, Puddle.

Listener, I know about laser like focus! One has to have that being a bookkeeper in an office with other people! Good job. I'm assuming that you'll put pictures on FB?

Jo! LOVED the chicken/cat video. Burt got a big laugh out of it as well. So sorry your drs are not being responsive. I know all to well how frustrating that can be.

Pat, I know you're out there...

much love to all of you

Shirlee Murphy said...

Waiting for medical reports is nerve wracking. Best of luck..
maybe just keep on ..asking for the results, Jo!

Love the new thread and its heading. Thank you Puddle!

It really is wonderful to have daughters--once you get them
through their teens and twenties..well boys help in the mix.

Listener, will you post a photo of your sail painting...or did you
and I missed it? Happy Friday all.


Pat said...

Quick hello.

Jo, I'm thinking of you. Keep on asking. The good news that it's not malignant helps.

Barb, hello to you as well. We've been going back and forth between Estes Park and Loveland, four days of five. It takes most of the day.

Listener, the painting is beautiful. I saw a picture on Facebook. Wonderful energy and talent you have.

Puddle, weird weather here too. A lightning and thunder extravaganza two nights in a row. Flood warnings for Boulder, Larimer (us) and Weld counties. Everything is Ireland green though.

Good to read your posts, Shirlee. In many respects, you've been there with the medical trials.Your experiences are appreciated.

Well, off for a bit.

listener said...

Jo, waiting is the pits!! ♥ Do you have access to your results through the patient portal? I'm thinking you could do some preliminary googling to help you formulate your questions.

listener said...

Shirlee, I should have a photo up for you by end of Saturday! :-)

Jo_in_Vermont said...

thanks for the concern all. since it wasn't malignant I am not too worried but I am just hoping to deal with the symptoms. listener I do have my list of questions regarding the biopsy, I haven't received a report of the exam itself, it wasn't scanned to the myhealthonline website but they say that they are mailing me a copy.

a sunny cool day here. I bet the sailboats are flying across the water this morning!

Shirlee Murphy said...

Will be waiting for the photo, Listener. Sounds very interesting. We had plenty of
people from the north in Palacios for the winter with sailboats. Never saw any but white.

Pat, I might have more experience with the med profession because I am the oldest here.
Had to learn to say NO to procedures, meds etc. that would not be right/helpful for ME.
Finally getting the med crew here in GSO trained. Doing a living will..signed, sealed,
Has helped me make better decisions. I will NOT be trussed up and kept alive just because
the medical profession thinks they can do it!

Now, I am totally enjoying my old age...:). Love to all.....

listener said...

Shirlee, and all… Here's the link to my new album with photos of the Compass Rose! Enjoy!

listener said...

OOPS! HERE It is! LOL!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153647255006754.1073742068.637766753&type=1&l=5384f97fd5

Shirlee Murphy said...

Intricate, interesting design Listener. Thanks. I am
Guessing you are happy that you retired early so you
can do things like this..and your brick project. ???

listener said...

So true, Shirlee! I could not have worked 9 hours on that project on Thursday if I had had to work 5 hours of that time!

The brick project is done EXCEPT that we need to cut a bunch of bricks to go on the ends. We thought about doing that tomorrow, but have decided to wait until next weekend, in favor of doing the yard work tomorrow while the weather is perfect for it. So we'll be mowing the lawn, pruning Lilacs, planting annuals, cutting up large dead branches and taking them to a local brush pile. Oh, and we'll be finishing the screens on the porch, too. Finishing touches. :-)

Next weekend we'll finish the brickwork and begin to simply ENJOY our porch! :-D

Shirlee Murphy said...

OK, Deanics--while re-arranging books and bookshelves I find I have
At least three folders full of Dean campaign related material.
One of flyers, etc. another very full one of his various speeches
which I printed out as they as soon as they appeared in-line.
(I could read and print...but not reply.). The third seems to be misc.
stuff.). Is there any logical place for these before I go through, sort
and or toss? Are any of his speeches in any one place? I have a
hard time thinking about tossing any of it. Is there anything that
any of you would want? Any ideas appreciated!

listener said...

Dear Ones, I feel a need to talk something over with people who aren't judgmental and won't be upset by what I need to discuss. I've been reluctant to mention it (anywhere, not just here), so not to shed bad light on something we are pretty pleased with, yet I need to get some feedback and I trust you.

Here's the thing: I went to Bernie's new Campaign office to volunteer last Wednesday. It was my first time at the new, larger office on Church Street, and it's a really nice place. I walked in wearing a Bernie shirt. The young person at reception was on the phone, but smiled as I walked past. I got to the middle of the space and wasn't sure where to go next. The middle is a large, open area; down the far end is a very nice, glassed-in conference room with gorgeous windows, and there are offices on both sides of the open space. Bernie's #2 guy, Shannon, came over and shook my hand and asked what he could do for me. I said I was here to volunteer. At that moment Bernie's spokesperson, Nick, came over, Shannon told him that I was here to volunteer, and walked off. Nick says, "Hi June, good to see you. It would help if you'd check in about when you're coming." I say, "I checked in with Samantha." He goes and checks with Samantha and asks if I would like to do phoning. I explain that phoning is the one thing I don't do. He says "Okay, how about data entry?" "Sure, that's on my list."

I signed up (by phone, online and in person) to volunteer for mailings and data entry. But it's clear they have no concept of that, nothing planned for volunteers to do, no sense of "Hurrah! We have a volunteer!" Instead I felt like I was making work for them. The third guy nicely gets me set up to do data entry and I start in. Before long I discover I am doing data entry for Bernie's Senate Campaign, not Presidential Campaign. This bothers me. I feel conflicted because I came in to help out the Presidential Campaign…yet, of course, I'm happy Bernie is my Senator…but, I am wearing my Bernie for PRESIDENT shirt, and I am there because of the Presidential Campaign. Moreover, the time I worked at the tiny, former Presidential Campaign office, I worked on opening donations. We had to be SUPER careful that all donations were for the Presidential Campaign and not the Senate Campaign, because the two are Not Allowed to Share Resources. Does that only mean funding, or does it mean staff, and could it extend to volunteers?

I'm feeling less inclined to go in and volunteer, and I feel sad about that. I don't know what sort of perspective to take on this. I have worked on four other campaigns and I have never once felt like I was "in the way" before this. What do you make of it?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts. I have a feeling that had Bernie been there he would have said something about the necessity of volunteers. Somebody should have that talk with his staff.

listener said...

Wow, Shirlee! What a treasure trove! I nominate puddle to receive the works, as she is such an excellent archivist! What say you, puddle? Want some Dean speeches to read and quote from? ;-)

You are wonderful to have saved these!!!!! ♥

Jo_in_Vermont said...

That is so beautiful listener! Will you seal it to protect it? The center depicts the lake beautifully!

listener said...

Yes, Jo! Bill and I are going over tomorrow night to spray it with a sealant that is considered safe enough for children's toys! It takes 24 hours to completely harden, but then it can be walked on. At the same time I will paint over the letters with the deck paint. So, then, on Monday evening, once the sealant has set, I can go over and paint the new letters on. That way they'll be dry before folks arrive on Tuesday for sailing classes.

listener said...

If puddle doesn't want the Dean papers, I'll take them. But I feel strongly she should have dibs before me…!!

listener said...

Jo…would you want the papers? Is there a proper repository for them? ARE they even available online anymore?

puddle said...

listener, love you for the thought, but I'm doing what Shirlee is doing: lightening my load. . . .

Jo_in_Vermont said...

listener I must have missed the post about the Dean papers - what's up?!

Jo_in_Vermont said...

ah, I found it! that's awesome Shirlee! I would suggest a few possibilities. perhaps the poly sci department at the University of Vermont or one of the other colleges would like them for their library, you can contact them here:

UVM:
http://www.uvm.edu/~polisci/

Saint Mike's:
http://www.smcvt.edu/academics/majors-minors-and-curriculum/political-science.aspx

Middlebury College:
http://www.middlebury.edu/academics/ps

it's possible that Democracy for America would know what can be done with them - I'm pretty sure that someone there - Jim Dean for one - might know if there is an archive of material from the campaign somewhere. I'm pretty sure that if they do it isn't complete because they archived and in some cases lost a lot of material once his campaign was over.

It's also possible that there are Deaniacs who are saving this sort of thing and we could possibly reach out to the ones we are still in touch with via facebook or other social media.

listener said...

All good idears, Jo!! ♥

listener said...

Did you see my post at 9:29pm?

Jo_in_Vermont said...

listener that is a confusing situation and disappointing, it reminds me of some in the Dean hdqtrs, they wee so wrapped up in the 'business' of the campaign and perhaps their own importance that they did some really dumb things. I wonder if they even know what kind of trouble they could get in, mingling funds could really screw up his campaign and cause them a lot of trouble and perhaps a lot of money in fines as well. do you know anyone else working for the campaign that you might be able to talk to about this? If not maybe just ask them which are you working for because you signed up for the campaign. maybe he was surprised that you were there because they haven't ramped up to work on the campaign on a daily basis and they were doing things for his Senate office that day. They could be trying to save money so are using the same office space for his Senate office and the campaign. This could end up being a mess!

Jo_in_Vermont said...

another thought is WHY are they working on a Senate campaign, he is in office for another 4 or 5 years before the next election. I 'think' that if he decides to and announces that he is leaving his Senate seat before the primary he can use the funds from his Senate campaign, so maybe this means he is leaving that option open depending upon how well he is doing....

listener said...

Jo, let me clarify:

* To my knowledge, the only person working on the Senate Campaign that day was me.

* When I worked at 110 Main (the tiny office) I was opening donations which had arrived in special envelopes dedicated to the Presidential campaign. Occasionally someone donating would send something in that envelope for the Senate Campaign and we needed to be clear which campaign it was for so they WOULDN'T inadvertently get mixed.

* This time all I was doing was entering data about donations that had already been processed, and all of them were for the Senate Campaign.

So, I don't see anywhere that the funds have gotten mixed together; quite the opposite.
But I get the sense that they're mixing/sharing staff and other personnel (at least one volunteer).

listener said...

I just looked and Bernie's Senate Campaign is still listed as being at 1 Church Street, 3rd floor, while the Presidential Campaign is at 131 Church Street, 3rd floor... Which begs the question of why the Senate donations were in a file cabinet in the Presidential office. I really don't know anyone to ask. Jessica used to work for Bernie, but in Rutland.

My leftover feeling is still one of sadness that volunteers don't seem to be much appreciated. Nick never got back to me about a Bernie Blog either. They are missing opportunities.

listener said...

As for personnel, here is a good article from Politico. The only person mentioned whom I have interacted with is Nick. I think our Blog request needs to get to the digital team. But how?

Jo_in_Vermont said...

I wonder if perhaps they have had enough volunteers to have 'caught up' with the POTUS campaign donations so gave you the Senate campaign data to enter since they probably have only been done by staffers in the past and may be behind on data entry. I guess it's useless for me to guess, I do wish they were more appreciative of volunteers. they won't get far if that doesn't change - I'm sure Bernie knows that!

I think you ought to give it another chance, call the office and find out when would be a good days/times to show up. if this continues I would let his Senate office staffers know so that Bernie finds out what is going on with his #2 man. I think that fixing this sooner rather than later is essential for his success!

Jo_in_Vermont said...

oh, and maybe make them brownies, LOL!

Pat said...

Hi Friends,
Beautiful day here. Good suggestions, Jo, and it's wonderful, Shirlee, that you've archived the Dean material.

Listener, your good efforts and experience are needed. I have a sense that in starting up the organization for electing Bernie, it is confused and not focused. I'm sure that good organization and priorities will happen, though it isn't there yet.

Off for some porch sitting, elated with this beautiful weather.

Jo_in_Vermont said...

Pat so happy for you, we all deserve some beautiful weather after the harsh winter that we had. We have had cold evenings so lots of gardens are late going in this year, finally this week the weather will be warm and the nights in the high 50s and low 60s so the time has finally come!

I just tried to go for a short walk but knew right away that I couldn't do it so just checked all of the plants in my front yard and came back inside. I'm going to sit in the back yard for a bit if the mosquitos let me - so far I haven't had any but everyone else in the area are seeing them so it's only a matter of time

Love you all. Have a lovely evening!

listener said...

I nearly brought in cut veggies last time! Ha!

I was asked my first day there which days of the week I would most likely be coming in. I said I honestly didn't know, but most often it would be Thurs or Fri. So when I was going in in a Weds, I emailed Samantha to let her know, because she was the staffer who actually wrote back to me previously. This time she didn't. LOL!

Oops, I see I referenced a link above, then didn't include it. Sorry. I'm currently at the Sailing School waiting for the sealant to dry.

listener said...

Pat, I do know what you mean. Still it seems to me a campaign ought to *begin* with appreciation for all helping hands. I'm not sure that sort of consideration can really be taught. I am willing to lend a hand; I am not willing to lead.

whitznd said...

Happy Monday, All!

I have a box of Dean Treasures and a binder with speeches. Every once in a while I open it up and see that everything he ever said is STILL relevant. WOW! Love that man.

Productive weekend as we managed to get two car loads of stuff off to the Goodwill and other stuff sorted and allotted to Craig's List. Slow process, but we're getting there.

Take care all. it sounds like everyone has great weather. We sure do here. We were going to go walking yesterday, but it was too hot after working in the basement all day so we went to see Mad Max. Fun movie. they obviously had such a ball making it.

Love you all!! XOXO

Shirlee Murphy said...

So, there are two of us with Dean stuff. I wouldn't say mine were archived,
Just printed out and put in a folder. Barb is more organized. Will poke around
and see what I can find on-line.

Physical therapy on shoulder seems to be working....even after the first day
of their exercises...the extreme pain while lifting my arm to even turn on a
light switch began to taper off. Takes time out of my days though...a good
two hours plus...for now. Happy Monday, love to all.

whitznd said...

Oh, I had lots more printed out, I just kept the really special ones. I'd need a library to be able to keep all I had. Probably between us, Shirlee, we have most of Dean's stuff.

I'm excited to see so many more falling in line behind Bernie. Wish the media would have him on more and stop ignoring him. Maybe if we did a HUGE money bomb, that would startle them. all from small donors, of course.

Jo_in_Vermont said...

my friends who are on facebook, check out my status, I have posted some photos from competitions that my son Luke and my granddaughters Amber and Skyler were in last weekend. Luke has always been very athletic but has worked a job that isn't very physical for several years now and wanted to have some motivation to get back in shape, so has been training for a couple of months for this competition. they had a kids competition too so his daughters have been training with him and they did a fantastic job!

https://toughmudder.com/events/what-is-tough-mudder

https://toughmudder.com/fruit-shoot-mini-mudder

listener said...

The "Tough Mudder" theme fits very well on this particular thread! LOL! You have a family to be even more proud of, Jo! ♥

puddle said...

Jo, saw the pic but couldn't like since it was his page and not yours. Cute as kin be--all three!

Had a tornado watch going late afternoon into evening. Nada. No wind, no nothing. Just a bit of a dark sky for a while. Virginia got a whole lotta rain though.

Been spending a LOT of time at a site called Free Jinger--it's an evangelical opposition site. Mostly anti-Duggar. Have *such* mixed feelings about both sides of the argument, lol! Fundies are such an easy target--they border on bizarre way too often, but the hate aimed at them is phenomenal.

whitznd said...

Interesting, Puddle. I don't "hate" them as much as I find them disgusting. Such a horrible thing to happen in a family and they just shrug it off as if it's "normal". It's sick and they should get help instead of digging in their heels. Of course, they are part of the Evangelical "tribe" and the tribe sticks together no matter what. Oy.

ok, I can't chat here right now as I need to get my fannie in gear and get to work.

Listener, your graphic is wonderful. Jo, loved the pics.

much love to you all!

Shirlee Murphy said...

Listener, thanks so much for your advice
on my Dean cache. How would this work?
I will sort out duplicates, etc....and send the rest
to you. You indicated you might like them...
and when you are done decide where they
should go. You are much more familiar with
institutions in your area than I am.

If this sounds like a plan....let me know your
address. If not and you are too busy let me
know. Thank you much!

listener said...

Hi Shirlee!

I don't want to post my address in a blog. How shall we do this? Does puddle have your email address? If she can email me your email address, I can send you my street address. Something like that?

By the way, I painted new N E S W letters for the Compass Rose yesterday. Here's where to see them:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153652443456754&l=f130c915dc

So, I set off driving up our road today when suddenly I heard a scraping sound beneath my car. Ruh roh. I'm thinking it's too soon for a muffler issue, could it be brake pads? Did I catch a branch? I pull off, kneel on the one dry patch of road and peer underneath and sure enough a branch is lodged. So I grab the easel pad from my back seat, put it on the ground, lie down on it in my pale pink outfit and remove the branch. On the road again in under 30 seconds. I feel empowered! LOL!

listener said...

I'm glad your Tornado Watch came to naught, puddle!

A cousin we love in Colorado set out from home the other day, got 25 min up the road and got a call from her teen daughter that they were under a Tornado *Warning* and the sirens were going off!!! The teen kept her cool, though. They don't have a basement (water table issue), so she got all the pets into the bathroom and had a mattress over the lot of them. We're talking a cat and two goats!! Ha!

Meanwhile, Mom turns around and heads home! Scariest thing ever to find her street blocked off by police and people pointing at the sky above her house!!! The tornado came within a mile of their house, destroyed two houses two miles away, but no injuries because those folks had basements and were in them. YOWSER!!

listener said...

***NEWSFLASH!!!*** and **PROUD MOM ALERT!!!***
PhD*Son, the Wildlife Biologist, was elected Selectman tonight in Kennebunk, Maine!!!
Howard Dean would say he gets an A+ in citizenship!

listener said...

Same son leaves tomorrow for a three week expedition to an island near Hudson Bay where he will be doing Shorebird research.
He'll get sworn in later in July and it's a 3 year term. Very excited!!

listener said...

…of course, most of the others on the Selectboard are Republicans. (They really need him.)

listener said...

You can follow son Shiloh's adventures on Coats Island *in* Hudson Bay here: http://shorebirdscience.org

Pat said...

Congratulations, Listener, of your Selectman son. You must feel great pride and gratitude. When our children are successful, happy, participating there's nothing better, I think.

Beautiful day yesterday. Today, cloudy, rain predicted. According to the weather report, this is supposed to be the rainiest year, summer, ever. I don't mind. The wildflowers, the grasses, the trees, all are flourishing.

Today, I go into Estes to meet two old friends for lunch at Mama Rose's. We taught together at Nederland High for years.

Also, our local poets society called for poems of trees, so I wrote one this morning. It's hard to judge whether it's any good, but it's nice to be able to share it with you.

Message to Tree



By Pat Maslowski





Tree,

How alike we are

My feet touch ground

Your roots grow deep



My arms move, lift, wave

Your branches birth needles, cones



You penetrate the sky

I look up



You are part of wind, rain, clouds

You reach for sun, moon, stars

I am grateful for



We are unalike in our growing

You blue spruce live maybe 600 years

I much less



You are the elder, the sage

I a young apprentice

Listening, watching, waiting

To learn my place on this planet

Pat said...

of should be on your Selectman son.

Have a good day today.

whitznd said...

Beautiful poem, Pat. Thank you for sharing.

Pat said...

Thank you, Barb. It's so rewarding if someone likes what we make.

Off now for lunch with friends.

listener said...

Mmmmm, I appreciate the poem, too, Pat. I love the idear of learning from the tree sages. How wise you are.

Jo_in_Vermont said...

Love the poem Pat! glad that you are getting plenty of rain this year!

Scary emergency news conference just now with our Governor Shumlin and NY Gov Cuomo. They have reason to believe that the two escaped convicts from Dannemora Prison are headed for or already in Vermont. They are patrolling the lake and camps in and around the Lake Champlain Islands which are just north of here and other remote camps and the State Parks all along the lake here. I was told by a friend a couple of days ago that they had been seen in Grand Isle VT so this is very real, that lead has some validity to them or they wouldn't be looking here now. Listener lock your doors!

Shirlee Murphy said...

Thank you, Puddle for the connect with Listener...and to Listener
for the info....it began to come in just as internet service--mostly
Time Warner began to go down for most of the day. Just got
Listener's info. Thank you both.....will be Saturday before I can take
a look at what I have. Actually waylaid myself the other evening by
Googling HD and found a nice article which refreshed my memory
about his life, work and his campaign. Will probably be next week
before I can get to them, This has been an incredibly busy week
with therapists taking part of three days, a helper who picks up
several months worth of paper goods etc...doing exercises the
therapist assigns. They ARE working...extreme pain is down to
manageable levels...but HD will end up at Listener's house !

Beautiful poetry, Pat. This is one of my favorites of your work..
Thank you. Love to all.

Jo_in_Vermont said...

A great article about our dear friend Phil!

http://thegazette.com/subject/sports/outdoors/songbirds-sing-virtue-of-sustainability-20150609

listener said...

Shirlee, let there be no hurry. I won't be able to peruse until after July 4th at least, as I will be tending all four Grands at one time or another in the next few weeks, and two for nearly a full week.


Thanks for the Phil link!!


Jo, it is truly unsettling, though I doubt the guys would make it to my door, as I live where too many could see them coming or going, and there is a lot of land to cover between Grand Isle and here. Even so, I hear you. I didn't feel altogether comfortable working out in the back yard today. But, oh, I have a friend who lives on Isle La Mott, and I'm supposed to go visit her on the 23rd. If the guys haven't been found by then, I'll postpone, as I don't want to drive alone on such rural and unfamiliar roads. Youngest and his wife are closing on a house in the new north end on the 19th. Unsettling.

Jo_in_Vermont said...

listener they have now closed some roads in Cadyville in search of them, that is near Dannemora and just west of Plattsbug. I hope they find them soon!

I am excited for your son and his family - they will be my neighbors! I LOVE this NNE neighborhood, it is so quiet in this end of town yet we have great neighbors and amenities, it's a close knit community. the shopping center is wonderful, our Hannafords is imo one of the better grocery stores in the area. my son and his family live here and they love the schools and all of the programs that they have for their children - they have free preschool starting at age 3. the culture here is so varied, BHS has students from many different countries, speaking more than 35 different languages. Burlington is a wonderful place to be - so much going on for people of all ages. I hope their move goes well!!

Jo_in_Vermont said...

as for fearing the escapees to be in this area, I doubt that very much, please don't worry. the houses are close together and neighbors really look out for each other here, I think they are apt to be headed to more rural areas if they come to VT at all. it is now said that 'information gained' was that they were considering going to VT prior to their escape because it might not be as 'hot' as NY with a police presence. the woman prison employee that they have been showing as a potential source of info was working with them during their escape, the plan was for her to pick them up after they got out and be their get away person but she panicked and turned herself in to the police on the day they got out so it appears that they are looking at Vermont only as an extreme measure of caution.

whitznd said...

Love Phil's article! That's our (as Kimmy Cash calls him) Farmin' Phil! I so love this community.

Busy couple of days coming up for me. going to do my last assist at the 46th. I've let KCDCC know that I'm not happy being Treasurer as 3 different people are collecting money and depositing it and writing checks and not letting me know. Plus now I find out there is ANOTHER program on line that needs to have all this financial info entered. So that is everything in TRIPLICATE! OY! My set of books, the PDC for government tracking and NGP-VAN for what I have no idea.

No, I cannot be spending two hours every night doing this. I do, actually, have a life!

So, now I'm at work at my day job. Sigh. will be glad to retire.

Much love to all XOXO

whitznd said...

Listener, Bernie has an ad out that lists Hillary's and his positions on a whole list of things. Problem is, is that he has maintained that he does not do negative ads and this list, which is about OLD positions that Hillary has moved forward on and evolved, etc. what ever you want to call it. But that's besides the point. the point is that that list IS negative in pointing out her faults. I believe he was not going to do that.

if you want, I copied it into word along with a lot of the comments and can email it to you. if you send me a PM with your email I could do that. I've not been able to find a way to simply attach a file in a PM. but I can try again

Shirlee Murphy said...

Jo, I hope they find the convicts. Soon. Take care.

Listener--looks like the 4th of July will be less busy here, also!
Brenda is swamped right now until after our big celebration
and I need her to mail them from the post office. Have fun
with your grands.... Love to all..stay well and safe!

listener said...

I hear you, Barb!! I feel the same way. I won't get to go over to HQ for several more weeks due to Grand visits, but I am interested in what's up with this. Maybe it's time to send an email to someone at HQ?

Check your FB PM for my email addy.

listener said...

Sounds like we're a perfect match, Shirlee!! :-)

Jo_in_Vermont said...

Barb are you sure that the ad is from Bernie and not rom a group that is supporting him? I would like to see it, seems as though listing her positions, even if not 'current' isn't listing her 'faults' it's listing her positions. I'm not sure that would equal a personal attack. anyway, would like to see it - if it is an attack I would be very surprised if his campaign was behind it. There is nothing like that on his campaign website.

Jo_in_Vermont said...

also very confused about how people can comment on an ad - was this something posted to facebook? I haven't been able to find anything other than articles comparing the two on the issues and none were from the campaign.

listener I wonder if his #2 guy might not be trouble, especially after how he treated you!

Jo_in_Vermont said...

... Hiring of a top staffer from failed Run Warren Run effort signals opportunity for Sanders campaign to tap enthusiasm and organization done on Warren’s behalf

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/11/bernie-sanders-hires-elizabeth-warren-draft-director?CMP=share_btn_fb

listener said...

Jo, let me clarify, Bernie's #2 guy in Burlington didn't treat me poorly, he just didn't know what to have me do. They all seemed befuddled by having a volunteer. In retrospect I think it was the timing. I think there was something going on that day that had them in a tizzy and they weren't going to be able to discuss it out loud in front of a volunteer. I think I know what it was, and it all worked out well. But at the time, they were fairly distracted. I'll give them another chance, once the Grands have come and gone (after July 4th).

Barb, I scrolled back through the Bernie messages on my FB page, but could not find the one you mentioned. Thanks for sharing it when you can.

listener said...

So, Jo, no resolution yet regarding the escapees. All this hullaballoo and so far no leads have turned up anything significant! It sounds now like even the several promising bits of information are but speculation. Someone saw two guys, but it's not confirmed it was these same two guys, etc..

I do not read novels often, I never watch crime shows or scar mysteries. And do you know what keeps coming to mind? I keep thinking of the woman who had the panic attack, who was allegedly supposed to be their driver, and left them stranded locally. What if her panic attack was a ruse to make everyone think the guys are stranded locally? What if they really had another driver and got away that first night? What if all this police action is a huge expense and disruption and those two are laughing like crazy in Mexico?

listener said...

scar - scary

puddle said...

Icky HOT muggy day--outside. Coolish and dryish inside. It'll do.

puddle said...

Too funny! I just won a law suit I didn't even know I was involved in. . . .Dreamfields Pasta was sued because someone thought their claims were bogus. I was a big fan/buyer. Luckily, I bought online, and the purchases showed up there. Anyways, I just got a check for $64.26 as a wronged Dreamfields eater.

listener said...

puddle, that's outstanding!! HA!! Poor ol' Dreamfields! Well, now you can buy more. ;-)

Jo_in_Vermont said...

that's cool listener. UVM has been using goats at the Hort Farm for years and it saves them so much money. UVM's 'Across the Fence' had an episode that showed how you can train goats and other animals to eat plant species that they usually would ignore, plants that are good for their diet but are invasive species that really take over garden areas. it was fascinating!

Jo_in_Vermont said...

http://www.wcax.com/story/19808382/uvm-turns-to-natures-lawnmowers

Shirlee Murphy said...

The physical therapist has me loaded up with so many exercises
I hardly have time for anything else. Six different exercises, multiple
time a a day --not all the same! Think I will need to make a detailed
schedule!! Just grateful she comes here..and if all goes well should be
done in another 31/2 weeks. I am making progress--at the expense
of some fun things! Seems lovely weather here. Take care all.

Shirlee Murphy said...

Congrats to the winner of a lawsuit! Every bit helps!

listener said...

Our lights are flickering wildly; thunderstorm approaching; likely to lose power.

listener said...

I love those goats! It's just so creative to use them in a big city like that!

puddle said...

After trying, desperately, for three days, blogger finally let me give you a new thread!!