We had quite the day up here in NW VT! We started out with wind, clouds scudding across the sky and some serious sideways downpours. Then the sun broke through and the foliage showed itself more glorious than even my imagination had hoped!! Monday promises another inch of rain and probably less wind, as Nate blows through a little south of here.
puddle. I think it's safe to say that you are about to get your rain...with a vengeance! Nate is paying you a visit on the way by. Shirlee is in for thunderstorms too. It'll be hot and humid for a few days, then cool nicely. Hang in there! ❤️
Got several hours of very quiet rain near dawn. Blue skies now, and muggy. Guess Nate is on his way.
Was talking with my ex yesterday, and he was actually devastated over the Steelers' bad game/loss. I wondered, once again, how I've missed that. The caring whether sports teams win or lose. About games with balls. About those who manipulate those balls. About the only "sports" I'm the least interested in have to do with one person, working for/against themselves. Diving, horseback riding, skiing, running. Wonder *how* I missed joining up with those who care. Can't remember a time when I cared. Do not understand what makes people actually care. Maybe my sports gene mutated? Or I was born without the DNA for competing?
I am right there with you Puddle,for sports. Even as a kid I could not stand groupie sports.......swinging alone in a swing, walking in the woods and fields Of my grandparents farms..etc. Working now with physical therapist to get me back to walking on Greensboro sidewalks!
That makes three of us and I am happy to say my sweet spouse is the same. We do NOT care for sports and we don't even like board games. For me, the board games issue is that it's competitive (and meaningless, so why the competition?). I could think of sports as meaningful if it weren't for the way players are traded, clubs are owned, and how very much people get paid to do that sort of thing. It's absurd. We just lump all of them together and call it "sportsing."
Suddenly I'm having a wild week! I got called in for Grammie duty when my DIL got sick (sinus infection) just as my son was leaving on a business trip. So today and tomorrow I am busy in the sweetest and most exhausting way! Wednesday I drive 1.5 hrs (each way) for two guidance meetings, and on the way back I stop at Root*Center*Son's house to help him put some gardens to bed for winter. Thursday I have a guidance meeting here at home in the afternoon...and will FINALLY get to talk with puddle! Friday I drive almost an hour (each way) for three guidance meetings. I should be pretty crispy by Saturday. I have no idear when I'm going to get classwork done. Ha! At least the theme this week is on Humility: Embracing Your Imperfections and Limitations. I can't decide if it's Poetically Perfect or Yugely Ironic! 😜
Through the third year of Private Practice. Aside from the fact that I find the characters more appealing than Grey's, I think their ages help. Forties vs twenties. 20s are SO In Search Of, it's really really hard to care whilst they go about deciding whether or not to grow up.
Grey's is Shonda's really big canvas, and by God, she's gonna get every social cause possible on that canvas. With PP, she seems to be willing to let us get more intimate with the characters, and wave fewer flags. At least so far. Or maybe I just like shrinks and pediatricians better than surgeons.
Glad you are enjoying the new show, Puddle. I brought with me to Brenda's the audio book of The Hobbit, a couple Wendell Berry titles on audio and Garrison Keillor's four disc autobiographical set..which includes good take downs of GWB and the right wingers. Favorite music CDs also... still hitting the bed early ....not back to full energy yet...but will be!
As for sports, team sports in particular, I have no interest either. I read an article in The New Yorker some years ago about Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy caused by repeated cuncussions in football. My father played football for Notre Dame, and I think that he might have had this disease. I haven't watched football since. The NFL knew about this years ago. I've heard that fewer boys are going out for football now.
Listener, what dedication and energy. Wow.
Shirley and Puddle, sounds like you have some interesting and enjoyable times ahead for you.
I'm cleaning out clutter, organizing. It will take me a long time, but I'll do it. I have to. It's been 8 months since David died, and I'm beginning to feel a little more normal, not as bewildered, enervated.
Talked with my brother and his wife this afternoon. I really only meant to talk with Nina, but she immediately added him to the convo. It was wonderful, and painful, and open. We each (all three of us) cried, one place and another.
No time frame. I won't be at the funeral, so talking now is good. They're being overwhelmed by their helper bees. Church bulletin asked people not to come. So they have come.
My DIL nearly went to the ER Tuesday. I was needed all day. Weds I'll be back there (had to postpone my meetings) and she's planning to go to Urgent Care. Son returns late Weds night.
I'm deeply saddened by the wildfires in Northern California, the deaths and the immense losses.
My daughter-in-law is finally on the mend. We have ascertained that she had a sinus infection, then had a reaction to being in the sun while on a powerful antibiotic. As long as she stays out of the sun, she's getting better. Hurrah!
And son (aka Youngest) got home tonight (from the Coding Conference in California where he and his team won a tech contest!) . He barely made his connecting flight, but running from one end of the airport to the other end (at Detroit) did the deed. =WHEW!!!=
I was wrong about the Hemolytic anemia--it's Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS). He asked the doctor how long it would be. Doc said something like short or swift. He asked the doc, "In your time, or my time?" Didn't get the response to that. It's clear he wants it to be short.
I'm keeping your brother near at heart, puddle, with prayers for a gentle and swift passing to a better dimension. 🌀 I'm glad you got to talk with him. 💜
Hallo dear friends! I have been running a mile a minute all week and I have one more day of it. Beginning Tuesday I'll have two gentle weeks and I am very much looking forward to that!!
Meanwhile, I am watching Hurricane Ophelia nearing Ireland (Ireland!!) as it will hit land there on Monday at 1pm. This is very rare.
Hi Friends, Thank you, Listener, the Hogwarts Express story was a delight. Glad you are going to have a gentle two weeks. You certainly give all of your energy.
I'm trying to accept the lessening energy I have, taking things slowly, not chastising myself when I don't accomplish my to-do list. Each day is a gift.
Puddle, thoughts your way and happy to know your son was there for you.
A warm, sunny day here, though the nights are in the 30s and 40s. I wake up cold. I'm reading David's journals, and I'm comforted and think what a gift it is to speak from the heart. That takes time and so much of our life is doing and obligations. David loved Samoa and China, in part because of the kindness of the people, the soft and companionable moments we had there. Already in the early 80s he was thinking our culture was extreme and very stressful.
And so, day by day, we continue on. I'm thinking that everything is temporary and nothing ends. a smile here.
A big freeze here tonight, too, puddle. But whatever makes it through tonight will last at least another week, because the temps are going to warm. So we covered some things, and expect to have flowers through October! Wow! I even have a pink geranium in full bloom (safely covered, of course).
Today was a good meeting in New Hampshire with my Peer Group of Spiritual Guides. 2.5 hours each way, and the meeting is also 2.5 hours. Myself and one other presented and the reflections from the group were so gentle and affirming. Ahhhhhhhh.
And now, yes, two weeks of gentle days. There will be time to sleep in, experience uninterrupted silence, do some deep cleaning on the house, take time with my class work, put all the gardens to bed, and end the days feeling rested. I am so grateful to be at this point!
Thank-you, Pat, for your kind words. 💖 There will be some grandchild time too, I'm sure. Tonight I found an email from our 10 year old granddaughter asking when we can come to take her to the playground and apple orchard! This is a first...that she would be arranging her own "play date" with Grammie and Grandad! We love it! Something to look forward to this weekend. 😊👍
I love thinking of you having those journals to read. What a gift, to have David's words even now. Bill has never kept a journal I have and it's a spiritual journal, dozens of volumes. I suggest he make a bonfire rather than read them! Ha! I started to read them a few years ago and it was still too raw and emotional in places. I would like to think I could take some excerpts to save, though...at least my favorite quotes. Wouldn't a book of one's favorite quotes and passages be a lovely legacy? I want to begin one.
For Christmas gifting this year we have an even better version! We have been saving the cute and funny (often hysterically so) things that the grandchildren have said, and are making them into a booklet to give our children. We laugh so hard when we read it through!!! I want to illustrate some of the items and add more photos for others. I think the grandchildren themselves will enjoy it...!
Love all of your thoughts on memories. Brenda is the memory keeper in our family. She makes sure our family fb page remains available and started and continues to add to our Ancestry site and keeps up our photo files ..and for me has loaded those into a continually scrolling frame. It is on a counter between the living room and the bed and bath rooms. Not limited to family photos...also includes people who are dear to me...Wendell Berry, Pope Francis, Laurelyn Dossett...a Greensboro composer/singer who composes for works at Triad Stage and others. New grands and ggrands are added immediately...especially after Brenda puts the word out ...new photos needed!
Dave the Treadle Guy was here today and pronounced Blossom (my lovely Singer Tiffany parlor cabinet treadle) in beautiful running order! He lubricated everything, put in a new needle and gave me some excellent sewing machine oil to have on hand as needed. It looks like I'll have something fun to do this Winter!
Mercies for you Puddle. For Brenda I do think it is her personality. Youngest of five...and when I was driving many miles to and fro earning my degrees Iwould come home tired, plop down on the sofa and she would toddle up and pat me and say "That's OK, Mommy." Now, she is still doing it......I have been recovering from the cancer surgery for nearly two months and she makes things so easy for me. Another week after this for Medicare home health physical therapy....then a re-evaluation to determine if I am stable enough to go back to my lovely apartment in downtown Greensboro.
Glad your sewing machine is ready for its winter work, Listener!
Well you all got really good mercies, lo! White count back down where it should be, normal level lymphocytes. And Yay!! Relief.
Beau's been glorying in this streak of good weather. He's out for hours at a time. This from the boy who's usually back in on his own after about ten minutes.
"Courageous, loving, creative and brilliant women on this blog. A smile here."
A smile here too. 😊
✨puddle!!! ✨ What lovely news!! 😃👍 Well done! Hurrah!! Hurrah!! O frabjous day! Callooh callay!
We just went outside to look for the Orionid meteors, but it's still a bit too early. Orion is still rising; the belt was just above the eastern horizon. We got cold and stopped for now, but we'll try again. No moon, so it would be good viewing. If only people would think to turn off their outside lights on a meteor night! 💫
Gorgeous mild fall day. Not many of those left, so gonna just enjoy. Door's open with just the screen in (hasn't been winterized yet). Small breezed, bit of sun her and there. Was startled last night to have dark at seven thirty and realized full dark is just a couple of weeks away, curses. Wish we would keep daylight saving year 'round.
The fella as bought Nancy's house goes in and out much less often than she did, and has a most quiet vehicle. But I miss her bizzy beeness, and dat's da troot.
Hi, Puddle...so glad to see you here;). Checked in this late afternoon and found nary a soul. When Brenda came home she confirmed I wasn't ahead of schedule!
Re-assessment of PT on Monday by a therapist...and a PA on Thursday...and we will see what happens. This aging process can be a never ending guessing game! We are all sunk if Trump has his way and gets rid of SS and Medicare.
Nancy will still be near you...just down the hill and a bit further away?
Down the road and up a small hill on the other side. And still unpacking. An fixing a floor her builder failed her on (glue showing on every joint. Floor's not wood so can't be sanded out. But yes, not far away at all. Still, I swear this mountain, and not just me, misses her.
We had no trouble crossing into Canada, which has always been our experience. Coming back, it went fine, excepting that Mah*Sweetie drove right up to the patrol station. The young agent there greeted us with, "Thanks for blowing through all my Stop signs." Ha! Who knew? On the Canadian side there is just one place to stop. On the US side there are apparently three places one must stop (and this is a tiny crossing!). We just thought "Stop" meant "when you get there." I explained that we'd just renewed our passports and hadn't been to Canada in 15 years. At that he smiled and said, "Well, don't let me ruin your day, then." And off we went. :-D I love Vermont! `
Hi Listener, Good story. I enjoyed your narrative.
I can empathize with your pleasure, Puddle. Sun and glow makes a beautiful day.
Here's a draft of a poem. > Orion Sped Away > > The constellation displayed > I wake to stars jeweled > in darkness. I’m glad. > It’s been so long since > I have seen them > through the skylight. > > I decide to sleep > a half hour or more > and when I wake > Orion’s belt and bow > are gone, moved on > beyond the skylight. > > Or has the planet moved > or have I? All time > in waves, no pause, no > holding onto as you > and I, My Love, have > moved beyond each other.
Love the draft of your poem, Pat....seems perfect to me.
Enjoy your lovely weather, Puddle. Just now a good chunk off mid North Carolina is under a tornado warning! Wrong time, wrong place.....seldom happens here or this time of the year.
Pat, how tender and real and bittersweet, and the image of you waking up a little confused and finding the constellation has moved on is a powerful expression of the body's confusion when the same thing happens with your Love. Wonderfully conceived, and I ached for you as I read it. I ached for me too, I think, should my time come. I'm with you. ♥
I'm glad you and Beau were able to ENJOY the day, puddle! Looks like some rain and wind coming (here at least) but still no frost in sight! Strange. On a local gardening show, I heard that it's a good idear to go ahead and put the gardens to bed even if they're still green, as the roots still need to rest. So have I done, excepting only the few flowers that are still producing...for the sake of the bees who do not hibernate until the weather turns cold! And my plants, at least, are non-GMO and organic.
The camel's back is broken. I don't see how anyone can still respect DT after this. He is incapable of being an American President. What is our recourse? And WHEN!!??! The age-old cry goes forth: "How long, O LORD?!!!"
DT disputes Gold Star Widow's account of condolence call http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/23/politics/gma-myeshia-johnson-trump/index.html
Soldiers' Death in Niger Trails a Frightful Back Story http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/21/opinions/niger-chad-travel-ban-trump-andelman-opinion/index.html
It's worse than we knew.
The reason our soldiers were so alone and unprotected is that on September 24th DT added the country of Chad to the list of countries whose citizens can't come into the USA. He did this because they weren't able to produce a tamper proof passport. They weren't able to produce it because they're so poor they ran out of passport paper.
But Chad's troops in Africa were the skilled troops who had previously protected ours. And when Chad was lumped by DT with their arch enemy Libya, they pulled out most of their troops.
So not only did DT call a Gold Star Widow (who is expecting a baby in January!) a liar, his ignorance is the reason her husband is dead.
And the reason Congresswoman Frederica Wilson heard Myeshia Johnson's call with the pResident is: "Wilson was traveling with Myeisha Johnson in the same car when the president called. For Wilson, being there for Johnson's family was personal. She knew the fallen soldier and had known his family for years."
They were in a limo on their way to claim Sgt. Johnson's body. What a time to tell a new widow (who is also 6 months pregnant) that her husband knew what he signed up for.
It is very painful for me to come to this point, but I don't even have a scent of empathy or respect left for that horrible man.
puddle...if you wouldn't mind and Bill Gates cooperates...could we have a different picture than the one out front? Presently it's turning my stomach. Thanks, dear woman. ♥
57 comments:
Thanks, Puddle. Laughter and chills here. Keep us apprised of your thoughts as you watch the series.
We had quite the day up here in NW VT! We started out with wind, clouds scudding across the sky and some serious sideways downpours. Then the sun broke through and the foliage showed itself more glorious than even my imagination had hoped!!
Monday promises another inch of rain and probably less wind, as Nate blows through a little south of here.
puddle. I think it's safe to say that you are about to get your rain...with a vengeance! Nate is paying you a visit on the way by. Shirlee is in for thunderstorms too. It'll be hot and humid for a few days, then cool nicely. Hang in there! ❤️
New Book! The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump: 27 Psychiatrists Assess
http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/watch/-the-dangerous-case-of-donald-trump-27-psychiatrists-asses-1063955523550
Call your Congress people. Send each a copy if you can!
Take a Vermont Foliage Tour (these are my photos from yesterday). ENJOY!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10156399429666754.1073742444.637766753&type=1&l=e36fd23667
Got several hours of very quiet rain near dawn. Blue skies now, and muggy. Guess Nate is on his way.
Was talking with my ex yesterday, and he was actually devastated over the Steelers' bad game/loss. I wondered, once again, how I've missed that. The caring whether sports teams win or lose. About games with balls. About those who manipulate those balls. About the only "sports" I'm the least interested in have to do with one person, working for/against themselves. Diving, horseback riding, skiing, running. Wonder *how* I missed joining up with those who care. Can't remember a time when I cared. Do not understand what makes people actually care. Maybe my sports gene mutated? Or I was born without the DNA for competing?
I am right there with you Puddle,for sports. Even as a kid I could not stand
groupie sports.......swinging alone in a swing, walking in the woods and fields
Of my grandparents farms..etc. Working now with physical therapist to
get me back to walking on Greensboro sidewalks!
Love the image for this thread!
Love to all..
That makes three of us and I am happy to say my sweet spouse is the same. We do NOT care for sports and we don't even like board games. For me, the board games issue is that it's competitive (and meaningless, so why the competition?). I could think of sports as meaningful if it weren't for the way players are traded, clubs are owned, and how very much people get paid to do that sort of thing. It's absurd. We just lump all of them together and call it "sportsing."
Suddenly I'm having a wild week! I got called in for Grammie duty when my DIL got sick (sinus infection) just as my son was leaving on a business trip. So today and tomorrow I am busy in the sweetest and most exhausting way! Wednesday I drive 1.5 hrs (each way) for two guidance meetings, and on the way back I stop at Root*Center*Son's house to help him put some gardens to bed for winter. Thursday I have a guidance meeting here at home in the afternoon...and will FINALLY get to talk with puddle! Friday I drive almost an hour (each way) for three guidance meetings. I should be pretty crispy by Saturday. I have no idear when I'm going to get classwork done. Ha! At least the theme this week is on Humility: Embracing Your Imperfections and Limitations. I can't decide if it's Poetically Perfect or Yugely Ironic! 😜
Through the third year of Private Practice. Aside from the fact that I find the characters more appealing than Grey's, I think their ages help. Forties vs twenties. 20s are SO In Search Of, it's really really hard to care whilst they go about deciding whether or not to grow up.
Grey's is Shonda's really big canvas, and by God, she's gonna get every social cause possible on that canvas. With PP, she seems to be willing to let us get more intimate with the characters, and wave fewer flags. At least so far. Or maybe I just like shrinks and pediatricians better than surgeons.
Glad you are enjoying the new show, Puddle. I brought with me to Brenda's the audio book
of The Hobbit, a couple Wendell Berry titles on audio and Garrison Keillor's four disc autobiographical
set..which includes good take downs of GWB and the right wingers. Favorite music CDs also...
still hitting the bed early ....not back to full energy yet...but will be!
Love to all.
Hi Y'all,
As for sports, team sports in particular, I have no interest either. I read an article in The New Yorker some years ago about Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy caused by repeated cuncussions in football. My father played football for Notre Dame, and I think that he might have had this disease. I haven't watched football since. The NFL knew about this years ago. I've heard that fewer boys are going out for football now.
Listener, what dedication and energy. Wow.
Shirley and Puddle, sounds like you have some interesting and enjoyable times ahead for you.
I'm cleaning out clutter, organizing. It will take me a long time, but I'll do it. I have to. It's been 8 months since David died, and I'm beginning to feel a little more normal, not as bewildered, enervated.
I'm glad to be here with you all.
Sorry, Shirlee, instead of Shirley. I have two other friends by the name of Shirley.
Talked with my brother and his wife this afternoon. I really only meant to talk with Nina, but she immediately added him to the convo. It was wonderful, and painful, and open. We each (all three of us) cried, one place and another.
No time frame. I won't be at the funeral, so talking now is good. They're being overwhelmed by their helper bees. Church bulletin asked people not to come. So they have come.
{{{ 💜 puddle 💜 }}}
How beautiful that you could talk with your brother...!
My DIL nearly went to the ER Tuesday. I was needed all day. Weds I'll be back there (had to postpone my meetings) and she's planning to go to Urgent Care. Son returns late Weds night.
Thoughts your way, Listener. How much you give and are needed.
Also, thoughts for you, Puddle. I'm not sure what the circumstances are, but glad you could talk to loved ones.
I'm deeply saddened by the wildfires in Northern California, the deaths and the immense losses.
My daughter-in-law is finally on the mend. We have ascertained that she had a sinus infection, then had a reaction to being in the sun while on a powerful antibiotic. As long as she stays out of the sun, she's getting better. Hurrah!
And son (aka Youngest) got home tonight (from the Coding Conference in California where he and his team won a tech contest!) . He barely made his connecting flight, but running from one end of the airport to the other end (at Detroit) did the deed. =WHEW!!!=
I was wrong about the Hemolytic anemia--it's Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS). He asked the doctor how long it would be. Doc said something like short or swift. He asked the doc, "In your time, or my time?" Didn't get the response to that. It's clear he wants it to be short.
Thinking of you, Puddle....
Love to all....
Thoughts and a prayer your way.
I'm keeping your brother near at heart, puddle, with prayers for a gentle and swift passing to a better dimension. 🌀
I'm glad you got to talk with him. 💜
It was good to hear your voice today. 🌺
cooter is coming tonight! Yay for kids!
Yayyyyy!!! Good Kid gets another jewel in his crown tonight!!
Yes, Indeed.....many jewels to Good Kid!
Thinking of you,Puddle ..mucho...
Love to all.
Just now, a robin's twilight song. How very lovely.
Ahhhh, a Robin's twilight song!! 🎶 Lovely indeed!!
And speaking of sweetnesses, here's my favourite news story in a long while:
🚂_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Hogwarts Express rescues family stranded in Highlands
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-41621266
Hallo dear friends! I have been running a mile a minute all week and I have one more day of it.
Beginning Tuesday I'll have two gentle weeks and I am very much looking forward to that!!
Meanwhile, I am watching Hurricane Ophelia nearing Ireland (Ireland!!) as it will hit land there on Monday at 1pm. This is very rare.
Hi Friends,
Thank you, Listener, the Hogwarts Express story was a delight.
Glad you are going to have a gentle two weeks. You certainly give all of your energy.
I'm trying to accept the lessening energy I have, taking things slowly, not chastising myself when I don't accomplish my to-do list. Each day is a gift.
Puddle, thoughts your way and happy to know your son was there for you.
A warm, sunny day here, though the nights are in the 30s and 40s. I wake up cold. I'm reading David's journals, and I'm comforted and think what a gift it is to speak from the heart. That takes time and so much of our life is doing and obligations. David loved Samoa and China, in part because of the kindness of the people, the soft and companionable moments we had there. Already in the early 80s he was thinking our culture was extreme and very stressful.
And so, day by day, we continue on. I'm thinking that everything is temporary and nothing ends. a smile here.
Good solid freeze warning tonight. 30º! 43º right now.
Doc visit tomorrow.
How lucky to have his journals, Pat. ♥
A big freeze here tonight, too, puddle. But whatever makes it through tonight will last at least another week, because the temps are going to warm. So we covered some things, and expect to have flowers through October! Wow! I even have a pink geranium in full bloom (safely covered, of course).
Today was a good meeting in New Hampshire with my Peer Group of Spiritual Guides. 2.5 hours each way, and the meeting is also 2.5 hours. Myself and one other presented and the reflections from the group were so gentle and affirming. Ahhhhhhhh.
And now, yes, two weeks of gentle days. There will be time to sleep in, experience uninterrupted silence, do some deep cleaning on the house, take time with my class work, put all the gardens to bed, and end the days feeling rested. I am so grateful to be at this point!
Thank-you, Pat, for your kind words. 💖 There will be some grandchild time too, I'm sure. Tonight I found an email from our 10 year old granddaughter asking when we can come to take her to the playground and apple orchard! This is a first...that she would be arranging her own "play date" with Grammie and Grandad! We love it! Something to look forward to this weekend. 😊👍
I love thinking of you having those journals to read. What a gift, to have David's words even now. Bill has never kept a journal I have and it's a spiritual journal, dozens of volumes. I suggest he make a bonfire rather than read them! Ha! I started to read them a few years ago and it was still too raw and emotional in places. I would like to think I could take some excerpts to save, though...at least my favorite quotes. Wouldn't a book of one's favorite quotes and passages be a lovely legacy? I want to begin one.
For Christmas gifting this year we have an even better version! We have been saving the cute and funny (often hysterically so) things that the grandchildren have said, and are making them into a booklet to give our children. We laugh so hard when we read it through!!! I want to illustrate some of the items and add more photos for others. I think the grandchildren themselves will enjoy it...!
🍀🌿☘️ I R E LA N D ☘️🌿🍀
Former Hurricane Ophelia rocks Ireland with 100-mph wind gusts
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2017/10/16/former-hurricane-ophelia-rocks-ireland-with-100-mph-wind-gusts/?utm_term=.521aaeeb073b
Hurricane Ophelia: The worst storm in 50 years hits Ireland
https://liveblog.irishtimes.com/2936176a2b/Hurricane-Ophelia/
Love all of your thoughts on memories. Brenda is the memory keeper
in our family. She makes sure our family fb page remains available and
started and continues to add to our Ancestry site and keeps up our
photo files ..and for me has loaded those into a continually scrolling
frame. It is on a counter between the living room and the bed and bath
rooms. Not limited to family photos...also includes people who are
dear to me...Wendell Berry, Pope Francis, Laurelyn Dossett...a Greensboro
composer/singer who composes for works at Triad Stage and others.
New grands and ggrands are added immediately...especially after
Brenda puts the word out ...new photos needed!
Love to all.....
Lovely, Shirlee! I have one of those scrolling frames too that offers my six grands and the occasional adult child or family photo. I love it!
Remarkable woman you birthed and nourished, Shirlee!
Nother cold night tonight, twenties. Then warming up a bit after.
Good doc visit this afternoon, love them! Awaiting bloodwork. Mercies, please.
💖Mercies coming your way, puddle. Many many mercies! 💖
So, need a feel-good story?
Their house burned down. When they went back to look at it, their cat was there!! 🐱 Great story!
https://www.thedodo.com/close-to-home/napa-california-fire-cat-found
Hope all is well with each and all.
Dave the Treadle Guy was here today and pronounced Blossom (my lovely Singer Tiffany parlor cabinet treadle) in beautiful running order! He lubricated everything, put in a new needle and gave me some excellent sewing machine oil to have on hand as needed. It looks like I'll have something fun to do this Winter!
Mercies for you Puddle. For Brenda I do think it is her personality. Youngest of five...and when
I was driving many miles to and fro earning my degrees Iwould come home tired, plop
down on the sofa and she would toddle up and pat me and say "That's OK, Mommy."
Now, she is still doing it......I have been recovering from the cancer surgery for nearly
two months and she makes things so easy for me. Another week after this for Medicare
home health physical therapy....then a re-evaluation to determine if I am stable enough
to go back to my lovely apartment in downtown Greensboro.
Glad your sewing machine is ready for its winter work, Listener!
Well you all got really good mercies, lo! White count back down where it should be, normal level lymphocytes. And Yay!! Relief.
Beau's been glorying in this streak of good weather. He's out for hours at a time. This from the boy who's usually back in on his own after about ten minutes.
Yea!
Good to hear from you all. Good things happening.
What courage, commitment, and strength you have to have raised five children, worked, and studied for another degree. Congratulations Shirlee.
Courageous, loving, creative and brilliant women on this blog. A smile here.
So happy for you, Puddle....hope things continue that way.
Agree, Pat..a group of unusual women here.....
Warming up a bit here with lovely sunshine through our ancient oak trees.
Love to all.
This is very interesting, lol!
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-how-and-why-sex-differences/201101/how-womens-brains-are-calico-cats
"Courageous, loving, creative and brilliant women on this blog. A smile here."
A smile here too. 😊
✨puddle!!! ✨ What lovely news!! 😃👍 Well done! Hurrah!! Hurrah!!
O frabjous day! Callooh callay!
We just went outside to look for the Orionid meteors, but it's still a bit too early. Orion is still rising; the belt was just above the eastern horizon. We got cold and stopped for now, but we'll try again. No moon, so it would be good viewing. If only people would think to turn off their outside lights on a meteor night! 💫
Gorgeous mild fall day. Not many of those left, so gonna just enjoy. Door's open with just the screen in (hasn't been winterized yet). Small breezed, bit of sun her and there. Was startled last night to have dark at seven thirty and realized full dark is just a couple of weeks away, curses. Wish we would keep daylight saving year 'round.
The fella as bought Nancy's house goes in and out much less often than she did, and has a most quiet vehicle. But I miss her bizzy beeness, and dat's da troot.
Hi, Puddle...so glad to see you here;). Checked in this late afternoon
and found nary a soul. When Brenda came home she confirmed
I wasn't ahead of schedule!
Re-assessment of PT on Monday by a therapist...and a PA
on Thursday...and we will see what happens. This aging process
can be a never ending guessing game! We are all sunk if Trump
has his way and gets rid of SS and Medicare.
Nancy will still be near you...just down the hill and a bit further
away?
Love to all Blog Ladies!
Down the road and up a small hill on the other side. And still unpacking. An fixing a floor her builder failed her on (glue showing on every joint. Floor's not wood so can't be sanded out. But yes, not far away at all. Still, I swear this mountain, and not just me, misses her.
Yeah, the medical stuff is a PITA. . . . HUGZ!!!
'Nother gorgeous warm glowing day. Just gonna enjoy. Da boy's delirious wit' the weather. Me, too, kinda.
Yesterday I was incognito. Well, actually, I was in CANADA! And for that reason I had my phone turned off.
It was a glorious day! We visited a friend and visited some old memories, and learned some new things about folks we knew years ago (all good). We had a delightful ramble and a great walk up an orchard slope to an amazing view! You can see my photos of the day here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10156449344506754.1073742452.637766753&type=1&l=a5b0217410
We had no trouble crossing into Canada, which has always been our experience. Coming back, it went fine, excepting that Mah*Sweetie drove right up to the patrol station. The young agent there greeted us with, "Thanks for blowing through all my Stop signs." Ha! Who knew? On the Canadian side there is just one place to stop. On the US side there are apparently three places one must stop (and this is a tiny crossing!). We just thought "Stop" meant "when you get there." I explained that we'd just renewed our passports and hadn't been to Canada in 15 years. At that he smiled and said, "Well, don't let me ruin your day, then." And off we went. :-D I love Vermont! `
Hi Listener, Good story. I enjoyed your narrative.
I can empathize with your pleasure, Puddle. Sun and glow makes a beautiful day.
Here's a draft of a poem.
> Orion Sped Away
>
> The constellation displayed
> I wake to stars jeweled
> in darkness. I’m glad.
> It’s been so long since
> I have seen them
> through the skylight.
>
> I decide to sleep
> a half hour or more
> and when I wake
> Orion’s belt and bow
> are gone, moved on
> beyond the skylight.
>
> Or has the planet moved
> or have I? All time
> in waves, no pause, no
> holding onto as you
> and I, My Love, have
> moved beyond each other.
Not sure where all the forward signs came from???
Love the draft of your poem, Pat....seems perfect to me.
Enjoy your lovely weather, Puddle. Just now a good chunk
off mid North Carolina is under a tornado warning!
Wrong time, wrong place.....seldom happens here or this
time of the year.
Glad you had a lovely trip to Canada, Listener.
Love to all.
Hi Shirlee,
Thank you for the compliment. I'm not writing much yet, so this was an impulsive effort.
Thoughts your way about the weather. Weird Weird Weird, this climate change.
Pat, how tender and real and bittersweet, and the image of you waking up a little confused and finding the constellation has moved on is a powerful expression of the body's confusion when the same thing happens with your Love. Wonderfully conceived, and I ached for you as I read it. I ached for me too, I think, should my time come. I'm with you. ♥
I'm glad you and Beau were able to ENJOY the day, puddle! Looks like some rain and wind coming (here at least) but still no frost in sight! Strange. On a local gardening show, I heard that it's a good idear to go ahead and put the gardens to bed even if they're still green, as the roots still need to rest. So have I done, excepting only the few flowers that are still producing...for the sake of the bees who do not hibernate until the weather turns cold! And my plants, at least, are non-GMO and organic.
The camel's back is broken. I don't see how anyone can still respect DT after this. He is incapable of being an American President. What is our recourse? And WHEN!!??! The age-old cry goes forth: "How long, O LORD?!!!"
DT disputes Gold Star Widow's account of condolence call
http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/23/politics/gma-myeshia-johnson-trump/index.html
Soldiers' Death in Niger Trails a Frightful Back Story
http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/21/opinions/niger-chad-travel-ban-trump-andelman-opinion/index.html
It's worse than we knew.
The reason our soldiers were so alone and unprotected is that on September 24th DT added the country of Chad to the list of countries whose citizens can't come into the USA. He did this because they weren't able to produce a tamper proof passport. They weren't able to produce it because they're so poor they ran out of passport paper.
But Chad's troops in Africa were the skilled troops who had previously protected ours. And when Chad was lumped by DT with their arch enemy Libya, they pulled out most of their troops.
So not only did DT call a Gold Star Widow (who is expecting a baby in January!) a liar, his ignorance is the reason her husband is dead.
And the reason Congresswoman Frederica Wilson heard Myeshia Johnson's call with the pResident is:
"Wilson was traveling with Myeisha Johnson in the same car when the president called. For Wilson, being there for Johnson's family was personal. She knew the fallen soldier and had known his family for years."
They were in a limo on their way to claim Sgt. Johnson's body. What a time to tell a new widow (who is also 6 months pregnant) that her husband knew what he signed up for.
It is very painful for me to come to this point, but I don't even have a scent of empathy or respect left for that horrible man.
puddle...if you wouldn't mind and Bill Gates cooperates...could we have a different picture than the one out front? Presently it's turning my stomach. Thanks, dear woman. ♥
New thread!!
Post a Comment