Monday, October 23, 2017

per request

69 comments:

puddle said...

Woke to rain. Small rain all day till just at dusk, when a hard rain came. Da boy loved all of it.

Aside from the dippers, Orion was the only one I could ever find reliably. Lovely poem, Pat. Thank you.

Shirlee Murphy said...

Love the “per request” graphic.....but slow I am...so had to look twice
to get it! Lovely day here in GSO. Visit from therapist ....she was delighted
with my progress...but is ordering three more weeks of therapy before I
can go back to my apartment. For safety.

I am reading Peter S. Beagle’s. “A Fine & Private Place”? Reading it now ..
lovely, amusing, thoughtful. Brought several titles with me, but just now having
energy to concentrate and enjoy them.

Love to all

puddle said...

Took me twice, too, Shirlee! --Always loved Beagle's The Last Unicorn. Lovely man, lovely writing.

Was sunshine and cool today. Rain really freshened everything up.

I'd really thought der turnip would take himself out by Halloween--looks more like Christmas now. Guess I need to light more candles. . . .

Pat said...

Hi Friends,
84 degrees here today, tomorrow, cold, rain, snow. Ah, typical Colorado.

I was trying to think of the name of the Chinese bicycle we road in China. Flying Pigeon. Just as I was looking it up on the Internet, I remembered, and sure enough, information about the Flying Pigeon was there. What a resource this Internet is.

Glad for your progress, Shirlee. I say a prayer for you and friends every day. I remember reading Peter S. Beagle's The Last Unicorn, but I don't remember the plot. Yes, a fine writer.

Yesterday was an unlovely, blobbish day, down mood, low energy. I picked up the phone because my base station said Dish, and I thought it was from Dish Network I use for the TV. And of course, it was a scam. I called Dish, changed my security code, called the scammer and told him I was calling the FBI. I knew better, but well, I should be all right.

Not much new here, but the sun helped a lot today.
Thanks for the new blog discussion, Puddle.

listener said...

πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’– Bless you, puddle!! πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–


Here's a treat for your efforts:

The path to Trump's call for Russia to 'find' Clinton emails
http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/07/13/trump-russia-timeline-foreman-ac-pkg.cnn

CEO of company hired by Trump campaign asked Julian Assange for Hillary Clinton's emails, sources say
http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/25/politics/cambridge-analytica-julian-assange-wikileaks-clinton-emails/index.html

listener said...

"84 degrees here today, tomorrow, cold, rain, snow. Ah, typical Colorado."

WOW!! You'd fare well in changeable New England...and probably find it moderate!



I've been holding you in my heart after reading your beautiful poem πŸ’™ as I gathered this is a painful transitioning presently...and it could remain that way through the upcoming holiday "firsts." Ah, Pat. What else is there to do but put one foot in front of the other, and pause as needed? Be gentle with yourself. Often it's the pause which refreshes. πŸ’

listener said...

AND!

Trump campaign analytics company contacted WikiLeaks about Clinton emails
http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/25/politics/cambridge-analytica-julian-assange-wikileaks-clinton-emails/index.html

Bannon was VP and Sec for that analytics group until a month after Trump made his famous appeal to Russia to find the emails.

puddle said...

Just got a call from Bruce, my third brother that Emory died tonight. I'm so glad for him that he got his wish, and gladder that I hadn't delayed calling. Looks like his doc was right, that *was* swift.

Shirlee Murphy said...

Thinking of you, Puddle.....I am glad you did follow your instinct.
I have bumbled through following instincts, sometimes not. The
former turns out well ...the latter.. not so much. Hoping to make
it through these Trumpian Times!

Thoughts for you, Pat.....things do get better day by day I found,
but sometimes it is hard work....at least I found it so.

Love to all.

Pat said...

Thinking of you, Puddle. I'm sorry. It's so difficult to lose those we love.

Thank you, Shirlee. You are kind and helpful.

Listener, your words are a solace and appreciated. Your depth of compassion is felt.

Snowy, cold, and thank heavens for heat, electricity, food, and peace.

listener said...

Ohhh, puddle. My heart flies to you!! πŸ’– Knowing that this was coming doesn't make the hole one bit smaller. I hope you will feel love that will make the hole bearable. I can think of nothing better to be said about Emory or anyone who has died than that they left a hole that cannot be filled. May we all do that. πŸ’œ

listener said...

Pat, I've been thinking about your poem so much, especially the line about having moved beyond one another. Having built a life so long together, what a harsh reality that must be.

In the class I am taking ! Way of the Monk, Path of the Artist ~ we were challenged to write a fairytale in which the characters represent that various voices inside us. It was suggested that we use the words "always" and "never" a lot in how they interact. But in general, what I liked about the concept was that we give room to all the voices, and hear them out, and notice how they make us feel. Then, to accept where needed, without necessarily acting upon various of the voices.

I tell you this because that concept came to mind again as I read your poem. What if you simply receive what comes (as you did in that poem) and write of it? Yet rather than getting stuck on a particular voice (as we all tend to do), maybe consider what that voice is saying to you that has some wisdom for the moment you are in?

To take that a step further, what does David's "voice" within you ~ the life he lived, the way he laughed, the memories that spring forth unbidden ~ what wisdom might these have for you in the moment you are in? I am thinking that could be a way to not get stuck in sadness at loss, but to embrace the good that will always be in you because of David. Even now.

I don't know if this came out coherently, so feel free to ask for clarification.

listener said...

I Will Stand!

Here is an excellent protest song for our times, by Paul Stocky and friends. Check it out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ake9fgpT8Vg&feature=share

Pat said...

Dear Listener,

Yes, your words are wise, kind, and yes, David's voice is in my mind, my heart, my life, my soul. Seeing Orion again after so long (it appears on his side of the bed, under the skylight on his side) was a gladness and a sorrow, an again, an always, and what seemed like a never.

Thank you.

listener said...

First charges filed in Mueller investigation
http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/27/politics/first-charges-mueller-investigation/index.html

listener said...

♥ Pat ♥

It is a never, as regards how life was. And that is sorrow enough. Would that we could foresee what happens when we cross the River.

listener said...

We live between the Already and the Not Yet.

listener said...

Cool!

This mystery object may be our first (soon-to-be-confirmed) visitor from another solar system
http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/27/us/mystery-object-solar-system-trnd/index.html

puddle said...

In my family, none of the brown eyed kids (3) sucked their thumbs (nor the one hazel eyed). ALL the blue eyed among us were champ thumbsuckers. But MeMe, was the champ among champs. He needed in addition to his thumb, an all day sucker and a blanket with the smooth/slippery band at the top. Clean and jammied, he'd crawl in, pull the blanket up, lick the sucker and place the holder in the palm of his left hand. Then thumb in, and the index came down on the now sticky sucker repeatedly, while the right hand stroked the slickery blanket top.

When MeMe was about four, he told Mama, "My name's not MeMe, my name's. . . . (frustrated sigh) MeMe. At four his own name, Emory, was still too hard to say.

He went to the state land grant university because he wanted to learn how to feed the world. His teachers told him not to worry. Guess they hadn't heard about Norman Borlaug. . . .

listener said...

I just learned from friends in the Peace Corps that DT is slashing the PC Budget by 12 million, which is 15%. That fool has no limits on how low he can go.
http://www.newsobserver.com/opinion/op-ed/article162953253.html

puddle said...

Thank you all for the hugs and comfort. ♥

puddle said...

FWIW

http://www.countryliving.com/life/a45424/new-shingles-vaccine-cdc/?src=socialflowFB

listener said...

My heart has you in it, puddle. Even as I have spent two days with our 10 year old grand on the premises, I have had you in my heart.

I'm glad this is available. I recommend getting it and wish I could get it, too. If anyone hears that it works dramatically differently than the former vaccine, please tell me. As it stands, I am pretty sure that I'd have to go off the anti-viral that I take. for a month to six weeks first, since it would kill the vaccine. But I can only last 3 days without getting shingles. Sigh.

puddle said...

listener, it appears that this one is NOT a live vaccine.

Abstract

Many licensed vaccines are composed of live, attenuated or inactivated whole-cell microorganisms, or they comprise purified components from whole-cell extracts or culture supernatants. For some diseases, pathology is fairly well understood, and there may be known correlates of protection that provide obvious parameters for assessment of vaccine potency. However, this is not always the case, and some effective vaccines are routinely used even though the mechanisms or correlates of protection are unknown. Some more modern vaccine approaches employ purified recombinant proteins, based on molecules that appear on the surface of the pathogen.


Maybe call yer doc?

listener said...

There is a powerful storm underway here in New England USA. We lost power an hour ago. The wind gusts are strong (60+mph) and sustained. We are hoping that our huge White Pines make it through the night and don't land on house or car.

May have to listen to the Mueller news on the car radio! Ha!

puddle said...

Gosh, I hope so, too, listener.

puddle said...

Got just a skosh of snow. Not the two inches promised, but something (just barely) visible.

listener said...

It was a dark and stormy night.

We had winds almost to 80mph last night, with the stars out...! I could hear branches snapping, and saw flashes off in the distance as one might see on a night with heat lightning. That turned out to be transformers blowing and trees hitting power lines!!

The crews here are overwhelmed. The amazing thing is our White Pines held. Many many trees landed on power lines, roads, roofs and cars! Bill had to try three routes before he found a way to work.

They say we may be waiting for days for power to be restored. Crews are coming to help from Canada and some neighboring states. MA, RI and CT were also hard hit. Ironically, as of this evening, two houses away from ours is where power being on begins.

As of this evening, they have power TWO HOUSES away from us. But they have always been on a different system. They used to be on a different power company, in fact. But we're on the same system that connects to a road that has so many trees down that they have closed the road. Heh.

The town of Milton, north of us, has sent out a message asking people not to come into the town or try to leave as there are so many trees down that the roads are impassible. Wild and Crazy!

Then there's my friend in NH who wrote: "Friends local to Northwood. I have solar and am happy to have you come over to charge cell phones, fill water jugs, take a shower." ♥

The biggest hassle is no hot water.
That and, of course, that I have limited communication on The Day that Mueller's news broke. Argh!
I'm so grateful when folks post key paragraphs because it takes a lot to explore and read, and I need to conserve power.

Our son had just loaned us a battery we can use to keep our cell phones charged.

listener said...

THE HOUSE NEXT DOOR TO OURS is powered now. We hadn't seen that when we noticed the others, because no one had come home yet.

But we're on the other loop. Just lucky I guess. Ha!

That said, we are currently ON THE INTERNET WITH COMPUTER, because Youngest loaned us a special battery thing to power our internet!!! Must use it gingerly incase we're among those who won't have power until Thursday night (which is the current word).

THIS is the article to read if you want to sleep well tonight!

Conspiracy charge is against Manafort, Gates ... 'together with others'—which could include Trump
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/10/30/1710943/-Conspiracy-charge-is-against-Manafort-Gates-together-with-others-which-could-include-Trump?detail=emaildkre

Shirlee Murphy said...

Oh, Listener...power being out is the worst thing.....we are so dependant on it.
Hope it returns soon. Yes...Mr. Mueller is delivering an early Christmas gift to
our country....with more to come!

Stay warm, safe, happy and love to all.

puddle said...

Worst kind of outage, listener: lotsa trees, big winds. Been just a bit more than five years since our June 29 derecho, when it took twelve days to get out power back. First time in my life I've been offered bottled water and MREs, lol! Heat was the opposite issue--too much rather than not enough!

Pat said...

Yes, power out is awful, we just don't live in a world without lights, heat, refrigeration, computer, radio, TV, etc. Hope it's back on now, Listener.

We had snow, but now it's melted, some wind, but also some sun. I'm not sure I'm going to like this winter very much.

Yes, I have a strong sense, Shirlee, that we will see this crisis opening up, and then how will Congress act, how will the American people react? The closest we've come to something this serious was Nixon and Watergate, and that is small in comparison.

Glad to be here with you.

listener said...

New estimate: power will be restored by 8pm on Nov 4th.

Our next door neighbour got power back yesterday. She offered, so we're going to run a 200' power cord over to her outside outlet. That way we can juice our router and be online again. Best of all, we'll be able to power an actual lightbulb or two!




I completely agree that this is far larger and more complex than Watergate. DT makes Nixon look like a boy scout!

listener said...

I don't recall seeing the Moon at all.

While the fierce wind roared
115 mph across the mountain
blasting through the tall White Pines
in my yard, everything bowed and wavered.

Branches cracked, large trees dizzied and fell on roofs,
across roads, blocking even the interstate.
With many flashes of light along the horizon,
looking like heat lightning,
the tumult's ferocity threw trees dangerously into power lines
and exploded transformers.

Only the Stars were constant
quiet companions for the dark hours of
chaos revealed only by daylight.

They say no human was injured.
The silent Crows in the
Poplar looked exhausted.
The ruffled Finches stayed
long at the feeders.

Now we all wait.
Chain saws clear pathways
while crews restring lines.

My neighbour only needed peanut butter,
she said. She was cold.
I brought her hot stew too,
and ice. While buying batteries,
I helped a woman in the hardware store find flashlights
and only afterward recalled that she is our town's famous
book illustrator. We were all there together, unwashed
and vulnerable. Muddling along with pioneer spirit.
Heating water atop the parlour stove.
Weary. Waiting.

Grateful for the crews working through the night.
Grateful that our White Pines held
through hurricane force winds.
Grateful, so grateful, for the calm
constancy of the Stars.

~ JMS.

listener said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
listener said...

I attempted to post another poem, but the formatting was a mess. Maybe another day.


So I just called my power company as they have an automated way of finding out when your power is slated to be back on, and I wanted to see if we've moved up the list at all. Halfway through the automated process a human picked up! So I ended up talking with a very nice Vermonter about how we both have people around us who have power and we do not. We chatted for 5-6min and traded tips. I love Vermont! Unfortunately, it looks like it really will be Saturday before power is possible here. There are apparently 50 of us on the circuit who are waiting. C'est la vie.

Pat said...

Good Morning,

So glad your white pines held, Listener, and that there was no damage to your home. I recall when we first moved to Colorado in 1971, we had power outages if not regularly, at least several times a year. We had a wood fire place, had access to water, and the refrigerator held the cold at least for 24 hours. We weren't terribly incapacitated. But now, we really feel it. We have a well and the pump is electrical, so water has to be stored. We have flashlights and lanterns, though these are battery operated and not kerosene. So much change in our reliance on the grid.

Thought for you, though, it is inconvenient to say the least.

Thank you for the descriptive poem. I felt like I was there watching as the trees, winds, birds, rescue crews were experiencing it.

Gusty winds here today, about 60 miles per hour according to the radio. But, it's warmer, probably about 60 degrees.

So much bad news, the New York attack on pedestrians, the Trump/Republican debacles, on NPR's 1A program an hour focusing on plastics in our environment, Time Magazine quoting Stephen Hawking saying, we should explore other planets since we're destroying this one. Good news: we carry on, learning, discussing, caring, trying, hoping.

How the wind sounds like voices from questioning, to lamenting, to laughing, to shouting. A smile here.

puddle said...

A call from my son thanking me for birthing him, lol! I used to make that call to my mother every birthday. What kids remember.

Bit warmer and brighter today. Not ready to lose that hour of light next Sunday, though I guess the larks are rejoicing.

Worst place I ever lived for unreliable electricity was in the redwoods on the Russian river. My landlady said she backed up/saved on her computer every 15 minutes, or she'd lose work. No one ever seemed to figure out why.

listener said...

BREAKING NEWS:

WE HAVE POWER⚡️!!!

πŸ’– Heartfelt thanks to the awesome utility crews who have been working around the clock since the Frankly-Phlippin' Storm blew through! ⚡️

Pat said...

YEA!

puddle said...

Boy, that was amazingly early! Yay!!!

listener said...

If you're on Facebook, check out the Green Mountain Power page! People are asking about when they'll have power and they've had someone on the site real-time responding!! It's so cool.

puddle said...

Bright and warm today.

I'm almost afraid to mention it, but the past few weeks my blood oxygen has been trending up. This morning, my first reading was 93. For someone whose been living in the 88 to 90 range, that's a gorgeous sight to see. Perhaps I've finally got the right combo of meds down? Life is certainly much easier. Oxygen mercies, please.

puddle said...

Funny thing is that I haven't changed meds during that time. Have gotten a little better about taking them earlier. Ooops. I lied--I *did* start taking the diuretic again. Which shouldn't affect the oxygen whatsoever. Maybe.

I've laughed for years about diuretics--they're simply a "modern" less invasive form of blood letting, or leeches. So maybe less blood volume results in higher per square inch red cell count.

Shirlee Murphy said...

All kinds of mercies for you, Puddle!

Good Night and love to all....I need to
spend less time perusing Trump and his
cronies and more here with my friends.

Love to all.

listener said...

Inside HRC's Secret Takeover of the DNC
by Donna Brazile
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/02/clinton-brazile-hacks-2016-215774

You will not believe how bad this is!!

It is criminal the way the DNC treated Bernie! To think of this being told to him just a few weeks before the election, really breaks my heart. And that good man went forward and tried to get HRC elected, because he knew how bad DT would be. Bernie deserves to be in the White House. I'm glad the truth is coming out. And I'm FURIOUS!!!

Pat said...

Hi Listener,

I read Richard Brock's biography of Hillary, and felt respect for her and admiration, though there were certainly mistakes. The biggest mistake was to ignore the citizens' feelings about her. Fox News and Republican propaganda worked, and they ignored it. Moreover, we were tired of the Clintons and needed new faces. Bernie spoke to us, and they out-maneuvered him, and ignored his popularity. Terrible mistakes were made, and I guess that's how unscrupulous and ignorant the urge to power is. I hope we've learned from this.

And here, a tidbit for today.

One thing I learned today that I want to remember: The Buddha was thirsty, so he asked his helper to get him a cup of water. The young monk went to the pond, but the water was muddy. He returned and told the Buddha that it wasn't safe to drink. So, they waited a half hour or so. Then the Buddha said he was thirsty and would the young monk get him a cup of water? Again, the monk saw that the pond was muddy, so returned and told the Buddha, it still wasn't safe to drink. Another half hour went by, and the Buddha again asked for a drink of water. The monk returned to the pond, and it was clear. The mud had sunk to the bottom. He brought the Buddha a cup of water.

The Buddha said, when your mind is disturbed, anxious, upset, wait, and it will clear just like the pond.

I like this. I usually forget wise sayings, but this I want to remember.

listener said...

"I guess that's how unscrupulous and ignorant the urge to power is."

Thanks, Pat. You have given me a hook to compassion.
I have been utterly furious about what HRC did, aching for Bernie and heartbroken for our nation.

Let the mud clear and see what clarity offers. My hunch is that it will bring simply the peace of having proof that we were correct about the candidates.

puddle said...

Just talked to Nancy--she had to let Sam (golden retriever rescue) go yesterday. On her birthday. She said Meg (labradoodle rescue) spent all day yesterday looking for him. Wretched how hard it is to lose fur friends.

Also talked to my next brother Clark last night for a bit. Shared memories, traded medical advice. Was sweet.

And tonight, we lose an hour of light. Going to change my clock as soon's I post this. Will change the alarm when I go to bed.

listener said...

Aw, puddle, please tell Nancy I'm thinking of her. Can you clarify? I thought by your first sentence or two that Sam had had to be euthanised on Nancy's birthday. But then why would Meg be looking for him all afternoon? Was he, rather, adopted by someone after Nancy had rehabbed him? I'm sad for Nancy either way. ❤️

listener said...

Well, are you ready for a laugh?

Having just completed plans to have our Thanksgiving gathering at Root*Center*Son's house, with VT*Grand (now age 10) and her parents present, as well as her other grandmother, VT*Grand mentions that she thinks her parents are going to do their own Thanksgiving this year, because our family from Maine will be up here at OUR house. Ha!! I was sure she must be mistaken, as I had just confirmed the plans with her mother the day before to all go to Root*Center*Son's house. I asked why she thought her cousins were coming and she said it's because her Grandma (I'm Grammie) was over there this week and they told her!!!

Hmmm, I'd better check in about this before we order anything in particular for Thanksgiving, eh? Either VT*Grand is confused in some way (possible) or we will be the last to hear we're having house guests. πŸ˜„ Stay tuned!

puddle said...

She drove away yesterday morning with Sam in the car, leaving Meg home. She came home alone. With no way to tell Meg what had happened. Today, she showed Meg Sam's empty collar, and Meg has stopped looking for him, and is clinging to Nancy.

He'd had stage IV mandibular cancer, and had lived past his predicted date by a couple of months. He never seemed in great pain, but had stopped eating last week so she wasn't unprepared. Yesterday, he woke at three with great difficulty breathing, and she called the vet's office as soon as they were open.

listener said...

{{{ πŸ’” SAM πŸ’” }}}

Ohhhh, how harsh. Nancy was wise to show Sam's collar to Meg. I'm glad they have each other for this time.


Shirlee Murphy said...

I wish I knew how these hairy, fuzzy, four legged
creatures can grab a heart so quickly! Lost my calico
Caroline to bone cancer several years ago...and I had
not really been a pet person. Her ashes sit in a small
box in a bedroom window overlooking the action on
Elm Street...that whole idea was from a young helper
who is a cat lover.

I am still at Brenda’s...PT almost done...decision about
future housing still in the works...waiting for the bid from
the contractor about an addition to her house for me.
I really can’t go back to my beloved apartment ....bathroom
Is too small for me to wheel my cart into. I have had
multiple grab bars added...but getting too chancy.

Love to all....

puddle said...

Ah, Shirlee, sad you can't go back. But know that feeling of change that's going to need to happen. Not just now for me, but I think soon. You've been amazing that the freedom's lasted so long. And glad you've such a good place to be, and a willing daughter/friend.

You know, Amazon's been huge for me in being able to remain here in a sane way--replaces crummy computer parts, brings chocolate and shampoo, and new frying pans and essential oils (today, frankincense), vitamins and herbs and and and.

Pat said...

Hi Shirlee and Puddle,

Change is difficult, but it sounds like an addition to Brenda's would be very good.

I think we're at the stage where we are aware of decreasing energies to live alone. I'm thinking of that too as are my old friends from high school.

One day at a time, and we have the life experiences and strength to do what we need to do. My thoughts for you and my love.

Shirlee Murphy said...

Thank you both..Puddle and Pat.....no word from contractor yet. Phoned a few assisted
living “communities”.....first phone responses resulted in fairly pushy women making a
sales pitch.....and wonder...all three would charge exactly my monthly income! Not really
my cup of tea...have never been a groupie type. Next step...check for smaller facilities.

Puddle.....glad that Amazon has helped you stay on your mountain. Brenda and I use it
for some supplies not easily available or more expensive here in Greensboro.

Love to all.....hope Dems win today!


listener said...

Awww, Shirlee, I'm sad to hear you have to give up your front row seat on Elm Street. Of course, beyond that possibility, I can imagine you nestling in nicely with Brenda. I'm certainly with you at never having been a groupie type. I think that can take more energy than it gives. But, as you say, maybe a smaller facility would be more homelike.


On the News front:
Dems have won Gov races in VA & NJ tonight. CNN blames it on a response to DT.
Tell me you're loving that as much as I am. πŸ˜‰
Wish it were Progressives and Independents, but at least it's not Republicans!

listener said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
listener said...

^ that was me. Ha!

I'll try to post numbers when they have more votes in.

listener said...

Against my better judgment, we are listening to DT's speech in South Korea. (It wasn't my idea, but Mah*Sweetie wants to hear what foolishness we're facing next.) My dear just said, "So far he's still just reading from the encyclopedia.

On the brink of nuclear war and he had to mention his golf club. Egads.



My vote was to watch an episode of West Wing instead. Ha.

listener said...

It looks like Virginia may have picked up 12 - 15 Dem House seats! WOW!!!

listener said...

Well now, this is shocking. DT made a truly decent, reasonably diplomatic speech. And it was a long one. I can hardly believe he pulled it off without going off script or making some kind of snide remark. Whatever they have him on, they should order in bulk from Canada!

listener said...

Of course, the problem with the speech is that he set as preconditions for North Korea what we are hoping for after diplomatic talks. So there is nowhere for the talks to go. At least he didn't actually start a nuclear war tonight.

puddle said...

LIKING the elections!!

listener said...

Here is a list of posts made by Dean blogger Liane Allen tonight!
πŸŽ‰πŸ”₯NON-Republicans had a banner night!!!! Whoo hoo!!! ⚡️🎊


Ralph Northam won VA Governor!

Justin Fairfax, new Lt. Gov. in VA is the second African American *ever* to hold statewide office in that state.

Delaware County, PA - democratic sweep! This county has been under republican control since Civil War!

Warren County, OH had 0 elected democrats, now they have 5!

Marvin Pendarvis is now State Rep from North Charleston, SC in 81% - 19% rout!

Dimple Ajmera also wins Charlotte, NC City Council!

Vi Lyles is now the Mayor of Charlotte, NC!

Charlotte, NC elected Braxton Winston to City Council!

Mitch Colvin is now Mayor of Fayetteville, NC!

14 Seats in VA House - 2 to go ...

George Latimer has won Westchester County Executive (NY) - was a target of Breitbart

Ravi Bhalla is now Mayor of Hoboken. New Jersey's first Sikh mayor

Andy Vargas has is now State Rep from Haverhill, MA!

Sara Cambensy flips Michigan House seat to D!

Gavin Buckley has won the Mayor's race in Annapolis, MD

Andrea Jenkins, Minneapolis City Council - first transwoman

Official: Medicare Expansion has WON in Maine!

All 3 NH Young Democrats candidates took at-large seats in Nashua, NH

Deborah Gonzalez and Johnathan Wallace each flipped GA house seats!

Bill Deblasio is now NYC Mayor despite a massive attempt to paint him as anti-cop over the entire campaign.

St. Petersberg FL now has a democratic mayor!

Democrats take control of WA Senate!

listener said...

Democrats Take Control of WA State Senate!
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/nov/07/democrats-take-control-of-state-senate/

listener said...

Did I miss?

Phil Murphy took a New Jersey governor's office that had been in Republican Chris Christie's hands for eight years.

puddle said...

New thread!!!