Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Vote, eh?


73 comments:

Jo_in_Vermont said...

Bernie Sanders is first! because he is authentic and he using #1 Howard Dean's internet grassroots and 50 state strategy!

whitznd said...

Amen! Both to the subject AND to Jo's comment! LOVE! I just got my Bernie yard signs! pd $10 apiece for them and hoping to recoup that. I also donated heavily to Bernie so really can't afford to put out $ for other peoples signs. But, I'll put on FB and see who wants to pay the $10 for them.

SO excited. Also got 200 business cards with Bernie stuff on both the front and back. Will always have a bunch to hand out. My co-worker's daughter is into Bernie so I'm going to give her 50 to pass out to her friends! Whooooooooooo Hoooooooooo!

XOXOXO

Jo_in_Vermont said...

That's awesome Barb! Have you all read this? It's great!

http://observer.com/2015/09/bernie-sanders-secret-weapon/

puddle said...

http://observer.com/2015/09/bernie-sanders-secret-weapon/

whitznd said...

yes, I did read that! Was so proud! We all rock!

listener said...

Remember that Bernie will be on Late Night with Stephen Colbert on Friday, September 18th!


My day included sitting with a seeker who came for spiritual guidance, receiving a request from the Shalem Institute (my alma mater) to record a reflection I wrote and getting it sent to them (and learning how to do this in the first place!), sewing on the grand baby quilt, making dinner for us, plus making dinner for Son, DIL and Grandson to bring to them tomorrow, then watching a movie with Bill and another Son. Must get to sleep soon as I will be taking car of Grandson tomorrow for a few hours before having a ramble with Jo!! :-)

puddle said...

Another hot rainy summer day. Ick.

Shirlee Murphy said...

Another sunny, hot day here, but it is Friday and Brenda appears
with dinner in late afternoon. Always a good time.

I have been curious about Jo and Listener's rambles. I understand
maybe no pre-determined destination, but is it a walk or a drive.
Brenda and I went on many Sunday afternoon rambles when I first
moved here. It was fun getting to know.central N.C. We don't much
anymore, save the hassle of getting me and three wheeled cart into
the car.

My rent is not increasing this year....good thing since it seems there
will be NO Social Security increase this year! That cap on earnings
needs to be raised ...or eliminated! Ah, well...Love you all. Stay well.

puddle said...

Oh, poot! I forgot this was a holiday weekend. The first of the hunters rolling uproad just reminded me that Mr. Barky Bark Bark is going to be operating in force for the next three days. Dang.

Pat said...

Hi Friends,

I hope the weekend is relaxing and fun. Our camper is back in the repair shop. We had a camera and monitor installed to see behind it, but something drained the battery. So, next week, a technician will try to solve the problem. So far, only two nights camping.

Our weekend will be quiet. No activities planned. I'm reading Harper Lee's Go Set a Watchman. I think it's very good. The prejudice and hatred feels very real, and it's interesting that the book should come out now. It illuminates some of the violence and racism we've learned about recently. After I finish it, I'll reread To Kill a Mocking Bird. My sister sent me the books. It's interesting that we enjoy the same books and authors.

Dry here, though some rain showers. The land is turning straw and dun colored. We've had no choke cherries this year, only two raspberries on our bushes, and the dogbane are just now blooming; the small pink and white flowers usually bloom in June. The bears are hungry, not enough food for them, and they are breaking into houses and cars here. Climate change?!

Thinking of you.

listener said...

Catawumpusness! Pat your description of the plants and bears sounds like the climate is indeed very messed up! And puddle, so sorry you're going to have visitations again. As Lucy Maud Montgomery wrote, "There are visits, and then there are visitations." Hoping da Boy is satisfied with three days' worth and sleeps all the rest of the week!

There is a little news here. My DIL in VT who is expecting has been doing fine except that when she goes to the doc's office her BP goes up. She ended up with a cesarean the first time around and has been hoping for a VBAC. But the doc and nurse have told her that if her BP keeps going up, she won't be permitted to try for a VBAC. :-( It's extra frustrating for her because it's usually down! Baby is due in October, but Grandson was born 3.5wks early, so we might be looking at week after next. Pray tuned!

In other news, the whole family is coming Sunday for a little celebration. And we have much to celebrate! In addition to Youngest and the DIL I just mentioned expecting soon, they also just bought a house. Eldest has gotten a promotion at work, 4th child has the new job, 3rd child (our Wildlife Biologist) has completed his decade long American Oystercatchers project with stellar results of recovery of the species, so is head-down coming up with a proposal about what's next. And the very best news of all is Daughter's!!! Only, I can't say what it is until she tells the rest of the family on Sunday at my birthday party. SOON!

PLUS! We have found another Singer treadle to go look at! Toes crossed! XOXOXXX

puddle said...

Yesterday stumbled on to the blood-type diets, and health/body assessment. Am so relieved. . . . To think, if I'd only known AB+'s have low stomach acid, I could have dispensed with thirty years of acid-reducers! Think how much money I would have saved. And since I have a lousy immune system, I could have been getting colds and flu along with everyone else, instead of suffering through decades without. (Last flu was 1967.)

Off to change my life due to the inner tubes!

listener said...

That all sounds promising, puddle!!!

listener said...

So, DIL's BP has actually stayed up since the Doc appt on Weds. She has tried so hard to get it back down. Sigh. I do hope this doesn't translate to pre-eclampsia again. But I am at the ready to take care of Grandson as needed. I'm making no promises for responsibilities otherwise. Just baby quilting, cooking meals to freeze, and going over to play with Grandson so she can rest. Yeah!

puddle said...

Irony lost, alas.

Hope you had a terrific celebration!! (No irony.)

listener said...

And the big news is: Daughter is pregnant! :-D She told us on August 16th, but we were sworn to secrecy until she told the rest of the family today.

Approaching age 39, she got tired of waiting for Mr. Right and used the sperm donation method. She had autoimmune issues for years, but finally got off all the meds and her body stayed stable, so now she's able. Hurrah!! There had been a huge hole in her heart all these years, and now she is so very happy! Best of all, Wildlife*Biologist*Son, his RN wife and their two girls live with her. So, while she'll be single parenting, she will also have extended family right there. Since she is a professional who travels, they will help some with childcare and she will hire an au pair as well. It's a win-win-win sort of situation. Even Son is pretty happy, as he has been living entirely with women and the baby is a boy! Yayyyy!!

So pretty soon well have another Granddaughter (most likely), then next February a new Grandson! Pretty sweet! ♡ The whole family is delighted! :-)

puddle said...

Oh, joy!! I thought it was going to be either that or an engagement. How lovely that you've raised a crew that rejoices with her. ♥!

listener said...

Thanks, puddle! It's all SWEET! PLUS, DILs BP was up and down enough today that she was able to join us for dinner!!

♥ HAPPY ♡ HAPPY♥ HAPPY ♡ ♥

Shirlee Murphy said...

Puddle...as Jo says "You ARE a scamp.!"

puddle said...

Thanks, Shirlee--every scamp needs an audience, lol!

listener said...

Records were broken yesterday. At 94F, it was the hottest Labor Day here on record, breaking the old record of 88F set in 1945. And, at very least, we tied the old record for September 7th of 94F, but I saw the bank sign in downtown Burlington and it read 95F. Too hot for September!

whitznd said...

Well, we were glad for one sunny day for Bumbershoot. We had a deluge on Saturday. Fortunately, we got inside just as it decided to rain. But we carried on thru the entire 3 days. a Seattle Times reporter asked us if he could take our picture. SURE! Here's the link, we are the 5th picture in the slide show with a small snippet of info beneath.

http://www.seattletimes.com/entertainment/music/about-80000-attend-bumbershoot-2015-fest-will-return/

Love to all!

Shirlee Murphy said...

We are preparing--for the Folklife Festival....some streets blocked so
stages can be built, equipment brought in, etc. City spiffed up..re-painted
light posts, etc. It is always tidy...just getting ready for an expected crowd
of visitors. I am looking forward to the Pete Seeger inspired event of
Protest Music and Poetry on Thursday evening...mostly local artists
who put this together. On Saturday will track down Rhiannon Giddens
stage....and on Sunday tickets for Dom Flemmons concert at our lovely
restored Carolina Theater. I AM trying to envision another 45.000 folks
expected to be strolling the streets of our downtown area.

I love Barb's nickname for her town..or area. Love to all...


puddle said...

http://www.seattletimes.com/entertainment/music/about-80000-attend-bumbershoot-2015-fest-will-return/

listener said...

Barb! Well don't you two look all spiffy and fine, wearing your Panama (white) and hanging out by the picket fence. That's worth framing! :-)

whitznd said...

Thank you Mz Puddle. Much obliged.

Listener, that's Burt in the Panama. I'm in the Pink Camo hat that has two led flashlights built into the brim. And they DO come in handy! The Bumbershoot picture I took of him is going to go on his FB page as his headline picture. (I hope)

Shirlee, what a wonderful festival. This is the season for it!

much love to all!!!

puddle said...

Barb, love the picture of you and Burt--beautiful people!

Am enjoying Shirlee's street festival by proxy.

Here? Hot and rainy. Hope this summer ends soon.

puddle said...

MOST HAPPY HAPPY, LISTENER!!!

Shirlee Murphy said...

Ditto...Puddle for Listener.....Happy Day!!!

Report from Folk Festival...Brenda keeps reminding me this is not just
musicians in the ballad and folk tradition of English, Scotch-Irish tradition
but worldwide ...and indeed scanning the schedule there are performers
of Asian, South American, African folk music. We are planning to go to
an opener planned and hosted by Lauralynn Dossett who is a local composer,
singer, playwright. It is to be protest music and poetry in the tradition of
Pete Seeger. Rhiannon Giddens and friends will be there. Greensboro
was the 1961 site of the student lunch counter sit down at Woolworth's.
So, this event seems quite fitting. Held in an area called the Railyard
just south of the railroad tracks. Aging buildings there have been restored
Into interesting people friendly places..and a large open area for events such
as this. Beautiful sunny day here! Love to all.

whitznd said...

WOW Listener! Totally missed your good news! Congrats and congrats! Most wonderful.

puddle said...

Cloudy, rainy, COOL day, here. Rejoicing just a bit.

listener said...

Thanks!! ♥ ♡ ♥ I had a stellar 60th birthday, Thursday. It started out quirky and concerning, but just kept getting better! :-) I'll tell you more as I am able, over the next few days. But it's ALLLLL good!!! :-D

Shirlee Murphy said...

Report from the folk festival. A stellar line up included Alice Gerrard, Molly McGinn,
Django Reinhardt, Laralynn Dossett, Rhiannon G...and her sister, Bhi Bhimann a young
musician whose parents are from Sri Lanka. He had been the opener for Rhiannon when
she was on tour....all addressing our current problems. Large crowd including aging
hippies...lots of hair and beards intact. Heavy rain, thunderstorm, trains, nothing
deterred most of crowd. Brenda came prepared with umbrellas and rain gear
as were most others with their compact fabric folding chairs. A wonderful evening
even sopping wet! Tonight there is a performance just 1/3 of a block south...and my
living room with a patio door is here....I think I may be able to slide the door open
and enjoy the music....Happy day all!!!

Pat said...

Hello,

Shirley, thanks for sharing the folk festival. Happy Birthday, Listener. The Singer Sewing Machine is beautiful. Also, congratulations on your daughter's pregnancy. What joy lies ahead. Glad your weather is cooler, Puddle. Beautiful photos of you, Barb and Burt. Jo, hope all is going well in your move.

Hot here, though a bit cooler today. Soon we'll go camping as our camper is ready to go. It's good to hear the news of everyone.

listener said...

Shirlee, your accounts of the music (and book) scene there make me want to come down and hang out in Greensboro sometimes! :-)

So, what happened was that I got texted awake on my birthday by very pregnant DIL who was wondering about our availability to take care of Grandson, as her BP was skyrocketing, the doc wanted to see her at 11:00am, and she needed Youngest to go with her (she shouldn't drive like that anyway, and the doc might send her to the hospital). Naturally, we immediately canned our plans to go look at and hopefully purchase a Treadle sewing machine, to be there where life mattered most!!! Yet it was all good news. Her BP was up at the doc's office, but DOWN when she was sent to the hospital for a few hours of observation. Grandson was good as gold, and we had a blast playing trains with him. (I know most of the Thomas the Train trains by colour now. ;-) ) No swelling and no other issues, so DIL was sent home with instructions to take her BP LESS often. :-) So far so good!

We were able to reschedule to see the Treadle a little later in the day. Got to have a nice lunch. Drove up near the Canadian border to see the Treadle and part way there I got a text message saying "Welcome to Canada" and letting me know that data services would cost between .99 and 2.05 per minute…! As we had no passports, we were relieved to know we were still in Vermont, USA. But the signal was bouncing off the Canadian cell tower 6 miles to our north. The woman who sold me the Treadle told us we need to take our phones to the Verizon dealer and they will remove the Canadian charges. If you live near the border they are able to block the Canadian tower for you. Good to know! I may have that looked at on Monday.

And ohhhh, I got the most beautiful Treadle I have ever seen, in mint condition and with accessories! It definitely works, too…makes beautiful stitches! My research tells me it is worth over $1000 and we paid just $150 for it…!! Moreover, I learned that there is a gentleman by the name of Bob Engels up in Newport who repairs Treadles. He grew up across the street from Singer in NJ, and his father and grandfather repaired Treadles all their lives.

After that we drove into Newport and had dinner at the East Side Restaurant, so much on the shore of Lake Memphramagog (aka Lake Meantforafrog by my kids) that the deck overlooked their dock, which was open to the public. The food was fabulous and the sunset glorious!

On the way home we stopped for ice cream cones. A very satisfying birthday!!! :-)

Shirlee (and all), here's the special link to see my photos from the day. Enjoy!!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153944898771754.1073742100.637766753&type=1&l=f2fe1dafa5

listener said...

And, thanks so much, puddle, for the midnight birthday greetings! You were FIRST!! :-)

This reminds me to mention that when we get ready to leave after spending time with Grandson, he hugs us and says in his little 2 year old voice: "Bye, bye. Thank you so MUCH!" It melts us every time! ♡

Shirlee Murphy said...

Listener--exciting times you are having! Hope all is well with your family
and you soon have news. When I lived in Michigan I spent several week
ends or weeks over the years in Toronto.. We usually took Amtrak from
East Lansing into the city. Canadians are such nice people.

I had planned to go to watch Rhiannon perform...but put one of my bad
knees out of kilter....so really need to stay off it a bit with a soft knee brace.
Happens once in awhile...RA benefit:) Still plan to go to a concert at the
Carolina Theatre on Sunday.

Love to all....it is a great day when everybody here checks in! Has Jo moved yet?


listener said...

Shirlee, Jo has not moved quite yet. I think that's next weekend. She is definitely weighing her options and working out a good plan.


Alas, DIL got a call today that one of her tests came back hinting of pre-eclampsia. So she has to go to the hospital tomorrow for more tests. There is a possibility that they'll allow her one more week, then insist on a cesarean. Sigh.

Son and DIL had a really nice housewarming party today at least!

Pat said...

Good Morning,

Beautiful fall day, warm but not hot. Grasses drying, straw colored, no real aspen turning here yet, though I've read with all our June rains, they have a fungus and the colors will be spotted and duller this year.

The paranoia, deception, ignorance, and aggression of the right wing is truly frightening. Fascism isn't dead despite the horror and catastrophe of WWII. Who are we as Americans? I just received an email article from a friend that accuses Obama and Kerry of enabling every area of government to be infiltrated by the Islamic Brotherhood. This comes from Admiral Ace Lyons as the writer. Scary stuff, mostly because people are gullible believers.

I hope your DIL's pregnancy is viable, Listener. Thoughts your way. Love your family photograph. A successful, happy, congenial family is a treasure and a gift.

Have a good day, friends.

Shirlee Murphy said...

"Thanks for updates on your growing family, Listener..
I do hope all goes well with new baby and Mom.

Beautiful blue sky and cooler day for the last day of
the festival. Missed seizing Rhiannon yesterday
because of my bum knee..but apparently there was
a huge crowd...even with buckets of rain.

I am enjoying want hing the Cardinal Family whose
nest is in the shrubbery outside my second floor patio window.
Shrubbery is due to be trimmed after it quits blooming...hope
I don't lose my birds!

Has anyone heard from Puddle? Worry wart here when she
dis-appears for more than a day! Love to all. Happy Sunday.

puddle said...

Shirlee, sorry about your knee--bummer!

Wonderful, chilly (54º) day going on here! At last.

I think perhaps that autumn is thinking about arriving. Yay!

Shirlee Murphy said...

Hey, Hey, Ho, Ho,!!!!Just learned from Brenda that Bernie is in town tonight
speaking at a large Special Events Center with flexible seating--which is
part of a larger complex. Brenda thinks Greensboro will give him a good
sized crowd. Most people here are sick of our wretched R. Governor and
Legislature pushing through voter restriction and re- districting plans.

Glad you are enjoying the cooler weather, Puddle. Less humid here. which
helps a lot!!! Brenda is here fixing our Sunday dinner in her Ninja Cooking
System....here it is just referred to the Magical Cooker...and it lives in my
apartment for Sunday dinners and extras for my fridge for the week!
Wish you all as happy an old age as I am having!!!!

listener said...

Wonderful news, Shirlee!! Any chance you can go to hear Bernie? I know you've been needing to be careful with your knee. If not, I'll bet you're there in spirit!

I'd sure like as happy an old age as you're having! I said the other day that it turns out 60 isn't old, and a dear friend wrote saying "It turns out 80 isn't old either!" :-D I love her spunk!

Jo_in_Vermont said...

go Bernie! Greensboro comes out strong for him!!


http://myfox8.com/2015/09/13/thousands-attend-rally-for-bernie-sanders-in-greensboro/

Shirlee Murphy said...

Sorry, I couldn't go....would just do more damage just getting into the car and out.
Thanks for the link, Listener. Will check our local news app and see their report.
Love your friend's thoughts. Lovely blue sky day here. Love to all.

Shirlee Murphy said...

Our local newspaper....has a photo of Bernie with a whole crowd of
young women all taking selfies with him. The young ones say he is
addressing issues which will effect them when they have jobs and families.
GSO is home to five colleges and universities and a law school. If they
vote in any number they may just pull it off. Just one worry..in the photo
he seems a little frail....maybe just thinning bones. Surely hope he is in
good health. I am happy GSO came through for him.

whitznd said...

Bernie's Rockin' it! HUGE leads in Iowa and NH! WHOOOOO HOOOOOO

whitznd said...

Bernie at Liberty University. Lots of good comments about it on FB.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/09/14/1421219/-A-worthwhile-use-of-six-minutes-of-your-time?Detail=facebook

puddle said...

Quiet, cool day here. I love autumn!!

Shirlee Murphy said...

Bernie at Liberty University --a brave man in a den of thieves. From the YouTube video
of his speech he made it very clear that he knew there were differences they would not
agree on...so let's talk about the things we should possibly agree on. Students seemed
somewhat responsive at first, but the longer he spoke there were photos of these young
" I've got mine" faces staring back. I stumbled on some after comments before I
found the full speech...and they were hateful... Very!!! LU is not far up the road to VA
from GSO. Brenda and I always find the very air stifling when we go that way.
May see what FB folks have to say.

puddle said...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/09/14/1421219/-A-worthwhile-use-of-six-minutes-of-your-time?Detail=facebook

Jo_in_Vermont said...

good morning ladies! things have been crazy here, sorry for not checking in sooner. last week was full of possibilities then letdowns, over and over again. still have no 'sure' place to go- have to be out on 9/21 - but I did place a deposit on a place yesterday and should hear from them today, they are just checking my personal references. the owner knows my son really well, they do a lot of business together and he actually joined us for the walk through, something that his property manager says he has never done - I can tell that he really likes my son Derek a lot. he assured the property manager that I will get the unit and so it 'sounds' like a done deal. it is way beyond anything that I expected, brand new senior (55+) independent living. secure building, underground parking, all utilities included. beautiful place, 70 units, only 31 are occupied right now. several large community rooms and a huge screened in porch. central to everything. 1 large bedroom, kitchen is open to the rest of the living area, gorgeous appliances. beautiful big windows and I can bring my cat! the unit is steps away from the elevators and so is the parking space so even on days when my back is really hurting it would still be doable. coin-op laundry on the same floor as I will be. oh, did I tell you that I bought a cheap car? hoping this happens!! ;-0

puddle said...

Ah, Jo--soooooooooooo hoping that happens for you!! Love and light aimed your direction.

Shirlee Murphy said...

Ah, Puddle...Thank You! Bernie is SO eloquent! If he does not win the
primary he will certainly have forced Hillary to the left!

Thinking of Jo...and hoping things all come together.

Lovely sunny day here. Stay well all.




Pat said...

Hi friends,

It's good to hear from you, Jo. Yes, the ups and downs seem to be part of major transitions. The apartment you describe sounds beautiful and comfortable. I hope it works out for you. It's particularly nice that the manager and your son are friends. In my lifetime, friends have made such a difference. For instance, returning from Samoa, I needed a teaching job, and they were very competitive at the time. A woman I knew from when I was at Boulder High recommended me to the principal in Nederland. I had turned down the job to go to Samoa. Because of her, he interviewed me again and hired me. Many times in my life, from people to people, good things have happened. My thoughts your way and a prayer.

Thanks for the updates on Bernie's campaign, Shirlee, Barb.
Sixty is young, Listener. Tomorrow, I'll be 73. That's okay by me.
Puddle, glad you are enjoying fall.

Life is good.

puddle said...

I can't swear to it, but I think I may have had my first frost last night--my west field was certainly all sparkly white this morning, and the temp on my porch at 9 was 40º.

puddle said...

Have a happy HAPPY, Pat!!

Pat said...

Thanks, Puddle. It's been great so far. A friend of my son's posted on Facebook asking to tag some photos David took of the kids when we were in Samoa. There are several hundred. That brought lots of messages from former students and friends, and it's been a delight.

When we were there, from 1978-1982, David took hundreds of photos, and on our island, I don't think there were many cameras at all. Now those students are here in the States, have children and grandchildren. They are enjoying those photos from 35 years ago.

I think getting older has its trials, but it also has its rewards of memory, deep friendships, greater understanding of self and others, and the sheer joy of being alive in an amazing universe. Thank you for your good wishes.

Shirlee Murphy said...

A most happy birthday, Pat...I agree totally with you on aging.....there is the need to deal with an aging body
But well worth it. And yes, the memories are a treasure!

It is getting down in the 50's at night here..still nice 70's during the day.
Streets are relatively quiet after the busy, exciting week-end.

Hillary just dropped off my choice for the primary. One of her superPACS
is attacking Bernie.

Love to all....happy day!

whitznd said...

Pat, how delightful that you can share all those photos and had such a fantastic response! I guess I missed a birthday for you. So sorry! I'm sure it was grand.

much love to bloggie family!

Jo_in_Vermont said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAT!!

http://www.cultivatingculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/shutterstock_95271874-copy.jpg

I have been approved for the apartment and I can move in any time! talk about down to the wire, it couldn't have worked out better!

thank you all for your love and support and blessings.

Shirlee Murphy said...

Oh, JO!!!! How wonderful. Your apartment sounds wonderful.
I am sure you will feel comfortable, safe and happy. Do they
have a community room to use..to meet other residents, or
entertain guests. etc. I assume your son will help with the
moving? I am so happy for you. Happy packing!!!!

puddle said...

Jo. YAY!!!

http://www.cultivatingculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/shutterstock_95271874-copy.jpg

Pat said...

Thanks, Puddle. It's been great so far. A friend of my son's posted on Facebook asking to tag some photos David took of the kids when we were in Samoa. There are several hundred. That brought lots of messages from former students and friends, and it's been a delight.

When we were there, from 1978-1982, David took hundreds of photos, and on our island, I don't think there were many cameras at all. Now those students are here in the States, have children and grandchildren. They are enjoying those photos from 35 years ago.

I think getting older has its trials, but it also has its rewards of memory, deep friendships, greater understanding of self and others, and the sheer joy of being alive in an amazing universe.

Pat said...

Hi again,

The power went out just as I was about to post the message above. It was out for about 3 hours, but now it's back. I saw Poudre Valley REA coming up the road as I was walking Molly and I asked them if they had found the problem. They said no, but they were still looking. Ten minutes later, the power was back and their truck was at the house across from ours. Aren't repair folks wonderful!

Pat said...

I'm looking at the time. That doesn't seem right. I went walking for an hour at least. HMMMM. Well, doesn't matter.

We haven't met Barb, but we are friends and it's interesting how text can be so effective as to conversation and knowing one another.

listener said...

Daughter broke the news on her Facebook page tonight, so I am now free to speak freely. Our 6th Grand is due in February, and this one will be a grandson! Nearing her 39th birthday, she decided not to wait any longer for Mr. Right and chose the sperm donor path. And, oh my goodness, we have never ever seen her so happy, from the inside out!! :-D So much JOY!!
All is well. She never even had any morning sickness! She takes after me in this regard and I am tickled to be able to give her something she actually can make use of! LOL!

listener said...

I am so glad something has worked out for you, Jo, and in time!! ♥ ♡ ♥

listener said...

The Yin side is Chocolate and the Yang side is Carrot. ;-)

. . . . . ☆ .☆. ☆ . ☆. ☆. ☆. ☆ . , ☆. ☆. ☆
. . . . . || . || . || . || . || . || . || . . || . || . || . . .
. . . ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
. . . |♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧|
. . . |♡♡♡♡HAPPY ♡♡ BIRTHDAY♡♡♡♡|
. . . |♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ PAT! ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡|
. . . |♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧|
. . . |♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧|
. . . |✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯|
(~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~)

Praying you a year of Balance! ♥

puddle said...

I split the morning sickness thing--from week 2 till 2 weeks before he was born, I had massive, endless, 24/7 vomiting. For years after, all I had to do was cough to start the froop loop. At one point, around 7 months absolutely the only thing that even stay down was chocolate milk, chocolate donuts and bananas. For number 2? Five minutes, one time.

listener said...

. . . . . ☆ .☆. ☆ . ☆. ☆. ☆. ☆ . , ☆. ☆. ☆
. . . . . || . .|| . || . || . . || . || . . || . . || . || . || . . .
. . . ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
. . . |♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧|
. . . |♡♡♡♡HAPPY ♡♡ BIRTHDAY♡♡♡♡|
. . . |♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ PAT! ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡|
. . . |♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧|
. . . |♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧|
. . . |✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌|
(~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~)

listener said...

3rd time's the charm? :-) All my ascii designs got garbled when my email got switched over. So I'm baking from scratch.
If anyone has some of them, feel free to post, so I can make a new file. ♥

. . . . . ☆ .☆. ☆ . ☆. ☆. ☆. ☆ . , ☆. ☆. ☆
. . . . . || . . || . .|| . . || . . || . || . . || . . || . .|| . || . . .
. . . ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
. . . |♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧|
. . . |♡♡♡♡HAPPY ♡♡ BIRTHDAY♡♡♡♡|
. . . |♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ PAT! ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡|
. . . |♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧|
. . . |♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧|
. . . |✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌☯✌ |
(~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~)

puddle said...

New thread!