Friday, September 25, 2015

For listener. . . .


70 comments:

Jo_in_Vermont said...

Grammy Listener is first! Nice photo puddle!

Pat said...

Yes, that's our Listener,joyous,dancing,music for all of us.

puddle said...

That photo is a favorite of listener's, who knows a whole lot more than me about the actors. I just know the dancer in the painting is Pavlova. I believe listener knows who the mother who took the picture and who the little girl is. And when and where.

listener said...

OH MY GOSH! THANK-YOU, PUDDLE!!!!

You just reminded me that I bought a copy of that very photo from the photographer (Ireland!) and have it here to give to Son and DIL upon the birth of their baby girl…!! And! She was born Monday and I'd forgotten all about it and still haven't even framed it! =WHEW!!= You saved the day, as we may see them tomorrow for Son's birthday.

Perfect timing!!! ♥

listener said...

Mama lives in Ireland and took the photo several years ago of her daughter at an art museum. The little girl is Rebekah. Mama is a photographer and says this remains her own favourite photo. :-)

listener said...

Ah, here it is…

The photographer is Kirsty Kelly.

I found out because someone posted it on Facebook and asked if anyone new who the photographer was. And one day the photographer self-identified! :-) So, seeing her name, I went to her FB page and Messaged her, and she was so kind as to sell me two 5x7's of it. Only, they got ruined on their way to her and she had to start over. So because it would arrive here late, she threw in an 8x10 of it as well! So sweet! ♡

listener said...

Only…in the end, I decided not to give it to DIL for her birthday at the end of May after all (due to lateness), as by then we knew their baby would be a girl, and decided to wait until she was born. Gosh, and then I nearly blew it by forgetting all about it. Ha! "A mind is a terrible thing to lose." ~ Dan Quayle

listener said...

But, truly, it takes a village, eh puddle? ;-) LOL!

Which reminds me: Dean is always first.

Shirlee Murphy said...

Most joyful front page--thank you, Puddle and Listener. Small children are such a joy...
pure, undiluted, individual personality.

Knee calming down a bit as I learn which moves I can and cannot make. Yesterday
the therapist focused on balance. But, I had forgotten how tiring PT can be!
Two more sessions next week"..hoping I will be good to hit the street again and gets ayes
back to near normal bone strengthening walking.

Light, rain here all day and Brenda and crew had to set up and monitor a runner's event.
She says rain never stops the runners, but some volunteers fail to show. GSO is full of
runners....this event is a fund raiser to continue work on a round the city walking, biking path.

Love to all, stay well, happy etc!

P.S. I thought it interesting that Pope Francis and Bernie sure hit the same note in addressing
the problems of poverty, homelessness, etc.

puddle said...

Funny, I've loved that pic since I first saw it, and had a copy on my desktop since forever. Wonder what moved me to put it up just now? More wonders on heaven and earth. . . .

Pat said...

Hi Friends,

Looks like we'll go camping soon. Yes, there are synchronicities, waves of thought, feelings, sense of each other. In the last few years, when I think of a friend, I hear from that friend. It really feels like ESP. But, why not. We are waves, particles, light. Surely thoughts, feelings, experiences can resonate. It sure would be nice to know if that's true.

Another sunny, hot day. I just don't remember mid September in the 80s.

listener said...

Just got home from gifting the Photo!! It was very well received! It is definitely going into the baby's room! :-D

Turns out it's European sizing, so instead of 5"x7", it's 6"x7.75"! Wow! So the frame I had in mind was too small and I had to dash to the artist supply shop (Artists Mediums) to have a mat cut special. I went to three places (including A.M.) before finding a suitable 8'x10" frame. The mat is a soft white and the frame is black but the very edges are burnished light brown. It has a nice effect as it helps to bring out the little girl's hair colour! I'm not sure whether I managed to get a photo of it after it was opened. I'll let you know once I download the photos. :-)

Thanks, again, puddle! <3

listener said...

Pat, Madeleine L'Engle called that synchronic connecting "Kything" which is an old Scottish word. It's worth a google!

listener said...

We got to go over to Son's house for his birthday celebration! On Tuesday we met our new granddaughter, Everly Rose. Today she met us…as she opened her eyes this time. Ohhh myyy, she is absolutely gorgeous! So sweet!! ♡

listener said...

I do have a photo with the framed photo in it. Here's how it turned out:

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/12049369_10153988477186754_6810293792638268813_n.jpg?oh=406d4705b10e14bb50ae49c33efee856&oe=56A0DA5A

listener said...

Grand Everly

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/12039725_10153988475551754_691594039628827471_n.jpg?oh=1df5bde6bb58131a6a9814c3758538f4&oe=5691C885

listener said...

Here's the special link if anyone wants to see more photos of the Baby Grand:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153988534426754&type=1&l=2ea0286206

listener said...

Did you all see the Blood Moon Total Eclipse? For once we had clear skies for a celestial event!! We nearly always get clouds or rain for times when we are promised northern lights or meteor showers!

Here are a few photos I got:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153990867401754.1073742111.637766753&type=1&l=ca7a23efdc

Shirlee Murphy said...

Brenda and I had a treat yesterday. She had tickets for
the Dom Flemings Trio. Dom was one of the three original
Carolina Chocolate Drops with Rhiannon Giddens. Dom's
group still focuses on old time music ...with a wide variety of
older stringed instruments, add a drummer, and a dulcimer
and have at it on a wide variety of old time music with explanation
of sources of music and and instruments. Wonderful music in
a small 150 seat auditorium tucked up on the third floor of our
restored 1920's movie theater. Lovely evening.

whitznd said...

love love love that picture! Yes, we went to dinner with friends and then drove about 3 blocks to a great place to observe. wonderful wonderful!

Busy weekend with many friends at different times. Nice catching up, but would like to rest a bit between!

Bernie keeps moving forward! Love that Hillary keeps deciding to come out FOR things and AGAINST things that Bernie has been consistent on all along! Nationally only 7 points between?? YAY!! Love that there was spontaneous applause during his appearance on the jumbotron while folks were waiting to see the pope. NO ONE other than the pope got applause! whoooooooooo hoooooooooo!! Feel the Bern!

Shirlee Murphy said...

Correction.... Dom's last name is Flemons...NOT Flemings!

Love to all....S.

whitznd said...

Crowd spontaneously applauding Bernie: https://www.facebook.com/pjpoppel/posts/513431935479084?ref=notif&notif_t=story_reshare

puddle said...

Doing year six of Grey's--love living in "pretend Seattle"--Seattle sky, clouds, traffic, bays, ferries, space needle. Rain.

listener said...

I love the article about the crowds who were waiting for the Pope spontaneously applauding Bernie Sanders when his picture came up on the screens!! It's from Daily Kos, and says that Bernie was the ONLY person other than the Pope who got applause! This is a must read.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/09/26/1425078/-Crowd-Spontaneously-Applauds-Sanders

whitznd said...

Yes, that's why I was SO excited. No one but Bernie and the Pope! OMG! Bernie trumps all others in a matchup with ANY repub. But, for some reason (per Larry last night) they aren't polling Bernie against them. I'm suspecting that Bernie is kickin' it SO hard that they don't want to publicize it. Earlier, they did and Bernie was way ahead of Hillary and Joe. So, of course, since the media doesn't want Bernie, they're not going to show that he is besting the rest of the field.

whitznd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
whitznd said...

I deleted my duplicate post

listener said...

puddle, come up for air from Grey's and let us know how you are. ;-)

listener said...

I spent Tuesday afternoon helping at Bernie HQ. I learned that one of his lawyers worked on the Clinton-Gore Campaign. Can't help but wonder why he isn't working with Hillary now. Interesting.

I also signed a petition to get Bernie's name on the ballot in Vermont. :-)

puddle said...

Phone's been out for about 24 hours, and electric just went for about 12. A result of the blood moon, no doubt.

Been wet, but no flooding.

listener said...

Thanks, puddle. ♥

Keep a weather eye out as Hurricane Joaquin (now Cat 2 headed for Cat 3) wants to come calling along the east coast, and there's talk of her turning *inland* around the Outer Banks.

listener said...

Hurricane Joaquin is already a Cat 3 heading for Cat 4! ( !!! )


I'm sad it may rake the Outer Banks and go up the Chesapeake. :-(

whitznd said...

Stay safe all of you on the east coast.

XOXOXXO

Shirlee Murphy said...

Expecting rain and flash flooding here...working its way inland from the coast.
Some rain today , not heavy...but therapist thought best we walk
the...fortunately ...long hallways to my apartment. Making progress.

Last night I HAD to watch "Ladies in Lavender" again....
there just comes a time for a dose of Maggie Smith and Judi
Dench!

Stay well, happy, dry etc....so good to see Bernie drawing
the enthusiastic crowds!

listener said...

It's looking better for the east coast (but just so bad for the poor Bahamas!), as the models are beginning to say Hurricane Joaquin will turn out to sea. I sure hope they're right! Turn baby turn!


Ahhhh, Ladies in Lavender. I love that movie so much. Judi Dench and Maggie Smith never disappoint! :-)

listener said...

♥ ♡ ♥ Good for you, Shirlee, walking the walk! ♥ ♡ ♥

listener said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
listener said...

I removed that last comment due to a typo. This is better:


Well, I have turned on the heat for the first time this season.
This is the first year we've made it all the way to October, first.
I'm thinking it's needed due the dampness of the air after the rain.

puddle said...

I've had the heat on, off and on, for the past couple of weeks. And today.

listener said...

I have new appreciation for Julian of Norwich, and her cat. Julian was a spiritual guide in the 14th century and my art business is named Julian's Window in her honour. Our two cats like to "help" while I offer spiritual guidance. Spinnaker is the greeter, who meets the person at the door and welcomes them. Mizzen likes to walk back and forth across my lap purring loudly while we pray. Small wonder Julian's cat made it into the stained glass window at Norwich Cathedral! Ha!

listener said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
listener said...

I deleted a double post.


It's so interesting to watch the campaigns playing out. I remain impressed with Bernie. And, by the way, I am impressed with Bernie's staff as well. What I have seen and heard of the staffers here in Vermont is that they are professional and kind to one another and nice to volunteers too. I feel more a part of things than I did in the Dean campaign. They even have the volunteers working right in the center of the big office, with all the offices around the edges…whereas at Dean HQ, there seemed to be an inner office and an outer office. Impressive.

puddle said...

Phone's been out again. *Really* beginning to feel like a red-headed step child.

listener said...

Shirlee, is it raining where you are? I just heard that parts of NC are going to receive 1 to 2 FEET of rain in the coming week, making for a Thousand Year Storm…!!! What would that mean for you and where you live?

listener said...

Aw, puddle. That ain't fair a'tall!

(But I loved the way you said that. Very Anne of Green Gables of you. LOL!)

Shirlee Murphy said...

We are getting alternating bouts of wind and rain.
Ground is soaked so supposedly there is a chance of
some of our lovely trees toppling. More possible in the
Various neighborhoods than downtown where I am.
Power should be OK. Internet and cell phone potential
outages. I feel by now the storm is moving away and the
wind and rain are moving westward and in,and as pre-ducted.

Yesterday during my PT walking exercise we met our very good
and kind maintenance man who was shoring up drains around
the property. The two buildings each have a lovely atrium with
shrubbery, balconies etc..but lots of drains there...Not to worry!

I am so glad President Obama has called the gun lovers out...and
is going to make this a political issue. More and more proud of him
everyday.

listener said...

I'm glad to hear you are okay, Shirlee and hope your trees can hold on!

Yes, I too am incredibly proud of President Obama for his clarity and his desire to make this nation safer!!

People have GOT to vote out the legislators who are not representing the people!!

Shirlee Murphy said...


It would help if some states....including N.C. would
stop making it more difficult to vote! One can only hope it
backfires!

Still raining, but lessening...sunshine predicted for next
week!

listener said...

I just returned from a concert featuring Flute, Viola and Harp. What an amazing concert!!! Brava! Brava! Brava!

Hilary Goldbatt on Flute: music teacher and orchestra player, chamber music and ensemble, and mother of two.
Elizabeth Reid on Viola: expressive!, philharmonic, symphony, quartet, chamber, and solo musician. Such a deep gift!
Jennifer Hoult on Concert Harp. Ohhhh myyyy! Began harp at age 7, became professional at 12, Played Handel for Fiedler at 15, Boston Symphony Orchestra and her first solo performance at Carnegie Hall at 16. She has degrees in harp, computer science, religion, and law (magna cum laude), worked for a decade as an artificial intelligence software engineer, has served as a prosecutor and children's law guardian, and has written an internationally acclaimed article on Parental Alienation Syndrome. A true Renaissance woman!

They played Debussy and (among other things) Toru Takemitsu's "Toward the Sea III" which was written by this Japanese composer to benefit Greenpeace. The three movements of the Concerto are The Night, Moby Dick, and Cape Cod. If you can ever hear that piece of music, do!

listener said...

Did I mention there were only 11 of us in attendance? It was like having a concert in your own living room!

puddle said...

Phone’s been out since early yesterday morning until about 10 minutes ago. Still very static full.

As best as I can tell never did go over bridge. Yesterday, a.m., it was running about 95% of culverts, is now down to about 80%. Doesn’t look TOO junky.

xox

Shirlee Murphy said...

Thanks for the report, Puddle....been wondering how things are your way.
At last report we lost two big old elm trees in GSO. Wind is down, rain is now
just a fine drizzle.

Tues. is Primary voting day for our city council...helper will drive me the few
blocks to get the job done. We have a fine Mayor and I want her to continue.

Has anyone heard how Jo is doing? Is she getting unpacked and settled in?

Stay well, dry, happy, entertained etc. Love to all.



listener said...

Yayyy! puddle is okay!! ♥


Shirlee, I messaged Jo, and will let you know what I hear. :-)


FYI, she posted something beautiful on her Facebook page as recently as Friday.

listener said...

Jo sent me this note and I am reposting it here. It sounds like not typing much right now would be a good idea. I'm glad she is otherwise okay.


"sorry. I'll post soon. all is well. lots of unpacking still to do, have been having a lot of pain in my hands."

listener said...

puddle, I dance a little every time I open the blog and see that photo!!! :-) Thanks again! ♡

whitznd said...

glad Jo is settling in sounds like all is well with all. I'm having an official Bernie sponsored debate watch party on next Tuesday. A friend that lives in MD texted me to make sure that I was supporting Bernie. I LOVE it! Fantastic showing in Boston. Now on to the south!

Much love to bloggie family XOXOXO

Shirlee Murphy said...

Thanks for the report on Jo, Listener. Forecast says sunshine..not here yet!
But rain is gone, but damp and chilly. Therapist expected today....I think we will be
walking our...fortunately ..long hallways! I REALLY don't like cold weather...
too many years in the Texas sunshine I guess..... love to all....

listener said...

Thanks for having the Bernie Debate Watch Party, Barb!!

I feel like I should have one too, but I will have to wait for another time to help, as I am way behind on the new Grand's baby quilt, Daughter is coming next week, and I still have piles of things to sort before then. But we will be three watching here at least!! I'll make popcorn.

listener said...

So, after the fabulous covert the other night, I ordered two of the harpist's CDs online. Apparently they were shipped today. Here's the notice I got. Enjoy! :-D


Your CDs have been gently taken from our CD Baby shelves with sterilized contamination-free gloves and placed onto a satin pillow.

A team of 50 employees inspected your CDs and polished them to make sure they were in the best possible condition before mailing. Our world-renowned packing specialist lit a local artisan candle and a hush fell over the crowd as he put your CDs into the finest gold-lined box that money can buy.

We all had a wonderful celebration afterwards and the whole party marched down the street to the post office where the entire town of Portland waved "Bon Voyage!" to your package, on its way to you, in our private CD Baby jet on this day, October 5, 2015.

We hope you had a wonderful time shopping at CD Baby. In commemoration, we have placed your picture on our wall as "Customer of the Year." We're all exhausted but can't wait for you to come back to CDBABY.COM!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sigh...
We miss you already. We'll be right here at http://cdbaby.com/, patiently awaiting your return.

listener said...

Hmmm, lest you fear I have taken to a life of crime, I should clarify that auto-correct used the word "covert" where I had written "concert." LOL!

puddle said...

Hoping that covert is concert and not coven. Just saying.

Love that notice, lol! Very special.

listener said...

LOL, puddle!! :-D

Yes, I would go to them for CDs again. I love when people have a sense of humour!!

Shirlee Murphy said...

Lovely, Listener...we need more humor in all our lives!
Beautiful blue sky and sunshine here today for our local
Primary. We have an excellent mayor and want to keep
her...she has a couple of challengers neither of whom is
A real threat--according to Brenda. I am not taking any
chances...besides my father would gather his ashes
together and rise up and haunt me. He --good Democrat--
took voting seriously...as did all his siblings.

Have a happy day.....



listener said...

Your father taught you well, Shirlee!! I am grateful to him!

Keep us posted as the voting results become known! Is that likely to be this evening or more likely tomorrow morning?

puddle said...

Mild sunny day here. Life's good (and the phone's working!).

listener said...

Hurrah that the phone is working and sunny and mild helps too!!!

Did you get to meet who fixed your phone?

whitznd said...

The hit pieces on Bernie are starting to come. They are talking about gun votes from 10 - 15 years ago like no one can evolve. Hello Hillary! Gay marriage much?

When he took those votes, we did not have the epidemic we have now. Sigh... This is not going to be easy. I had a reasonable discussion with someone on FB about this and she said that she was a one issue voter (!!! WHA???) I told her I followed all issues. But she could see my point and I was astounded to see her post another hit piece this morning.

Much love to bloggie family. XOXO

Shirlee Murphy said...

HA! Our good mayor took 88 percent of the votes
In our primary!!!

Beautiful sunny day here. Just walked the half block and back
To the corner....and these old blocks are longer than the newer
ones. A visit from an occupational therapist this week and one
visit with the physical therapist next week....and done. I am thankful
that Medicare has this program and I am always happy to have
them.....but also when they are finished....and go away. I like my
solitary life!

Any news from Jo...maybe still unpacking....hoping she loves her new home.

Happy day to all. Hurrah for Puddle and phone fix!!

puddle said...

Sunny day!

New thread!!

listener said...

Shirlee! I wrote a congratulatory note here, but don't see it.

It read:

Congratulations, Shirlee!! I love it when the good people win!!! :-D