Sunday, May 8, 2016

Hope. . . .

 
On her eighteenth birthday, wearing her birthday gift from Gram.

80 comments:

listener said...

Moms are First today!


Happy Mother's Day! You are all wonderful! Here's a trip to the garden center. Enjoy!!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10154588763086754.1073742203.637766753&type=1&l=3d406da2d4

Puddle, incase you can't see that, here's ONE for you…
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13178796_10154588763701754_4899006889795062431_n.jpg?oh=d2f915e90122a510511d9e28b0cc0655&oe=579A2A8C

listener said...

Grands are pretty great too! ♥ ♡ ♥

Shirlee Murphy said...

And what is this lovely grand's name? Congratulations, Puddle!

Happy Mother's Day...Ladies of the Blog!

puddle said...

Samantha Hope Douglass

Pat said...

Happy Mother's Day. Beautiful grand girl.

We took our son, daughter-in-law, two grands (a five month old girl and a seven year old girl, and my daughter-in-law's parents to Bai Tong, a Taiwanese restaurant in an old historical house. We had a wonderful meal and it was great being together.

Life is good.

My love to you all.

puddle said...

Gray and cold. But green. Surprise Lilies running amok.

BTW, the storm/ship at sea scenes in Brideshead are smashing: amazing crew acting. One gets almost seasick from just watching them. The smaller venues, bedroom, hall, and one bar actually did move, but the great dining room, it was the actors, in concert. . . . Astonishing! Outside scenes were on the QEII--and the got their storm, in fact. Had to give shots to the crew to keep them working.

listener said...

That's impressive, puddle! I may have to look up this series. Can you tell me a little about it or post a link?

listener said...

Soooo, I just ordered the book, the DVD Movie, and the DVD Series! My plan is to read the book between now and Father's Day, then give the book, movie and series to Bill for Father's Day. He loves a good book, and we can watch it after he reads it. Sounds like a good thing to watch during sailing season. :-)

listener said...

I read this and it kind of blew my mind. A boat washed ashore in Taiwan, and because its hull was undamaged the locals feared it was a "spellcraft" bringing bad luck. So they put money, rice, canned goods and other offerings onto the boat, and had the priests burn it. Wow. And here's me wondering who is out in the water clinging to a rock, with no proof that they lost a boat.

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2016/05/10/2003645941

puddle said...

There are three very good actor/producer commentaries, but I didn't run them until after the third watching.

This might be of interest: http://www.abbotshill.freeserve.co.uk/Brideshead.html

listener said...

Thanks, puddle! ♥

listener said...

*WARNING!* Please warn anyone you think might try to make this. Some cruel, depraved person has put out a recipe for what is purported to be glow sticks, but is actually a chlorine bomb! They even claim it is supported by Bernie, which of course it is NOT.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bernie-sanders-glowsticks-meme-made-174300754.html

listener said...

Pat, have you seen this?

BREAKING: Colorado Democratic Party Admits Error, Bernie Sanders Could Win Majority Of Delegates
http://bigbluevision.com/2016/05/06/breaking-colorado-democratic-party-admits-error-bernie-sanders-win-majority-delegates/

Shirlee Murphy said...

Bernie holding on ...still fighting in spite of demands
that he drop out. I always thought you stay in to win
if you start. Really not enthralled with HC. Political
seasons can be stressful!

Love to all.

listener said...

Well said, Shirlee! ♥

listener said...

Returns are beginning to come in, in West Virginia!

Yayyyy, puddle! :-)

Pat said...

Yea! Bernie won. I have hope that he will be our next President. The system has become so corrupt that compromise, pragmatism, negotiation don't seem to work. We've had obstruction and do nothing. Every system fails at some point, and I think ours is, so yes, we need a Bernie Sanders; we need the Millennials to step up; we need fairness; we need to get corruption, influence, big money out of the system and bring back our democracy.

So, YEA!

Nice day here today. I've enjoyed your descriptions, Puddle, of Brideshead and I've thought, you could be a director, a producer, a critic, and other roles your descriptions and acuity are so vivid.

Have a nice night, folks.

listener said...

Bernie is doing great in WVA! Yayyyy!!!

Nothing from puddle's county yet, but I am hopeful. In the three counties where Hillary is ahead, she is ahead by 68, 18 and 218 votes, respectively, for a total of 304 votes. Meanwhile, Bernie is ahead in 37 counties!!

listener said...

Wait, scratch the county in which Hillary was ahead by 218 votes. Bernie is now ahead by 5% of the vote there! So Hillary has just two counties at the moment.

listener said...

Here's the NPR link to results:

http://www.npr.org/2016/05/10/477553418/bernie-sanders-wins-west-virginia-primary

listener said...

Sooo!! With 88% reporting, Bernie is ahead by 15.2%. What's more, ALL counties have gone to Bernie, with the exception of the three counties which have not yet reported in at all. :-D

And, puddle's county went for Bernie 49% to 38%. Sweet!

puddle said...

Interesting--

Dave Wasserman (@Redistrict)
3 hours ago - View on Twitter
In 2008, Hillary Clinton took 88% of the Dem primary vote in Mingo County, WV. Today, she took just 21% - largest swing in the nation.

Chief Mingo was my five greats uncle.

whitznd said...

Such a lovely young lady! And I LOVE the hoodie! Great choice.

Yes! ALL Counties went for Bernie! Of course, all the networks could talk about was the Nebraska primary that counts for 0 that Hillary won. :o(

Love to all you wonderful ladies.

Shirlee Murphy said...

Love Indian ancestry! I think Bernie will win this thing.
Have you seen the crowd shot in California.? Amazing

listener said...

C'mon California! Surge, Bernie, Surge!

California Polls from last year to now:
http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/2016-california-democratic-presidential-primary

listener said...

Bernie won every county on WVA, and won the state by 15.6%! He therefore received 18 delegates, while Hillary received 11.

puddle said...

Am loving the theme--for Trumpet in B flat and piano. Been letting both opening and closing credits run completely just so I can listen. Makes my head very happy.

puddle said...

Long night. Just about midnight, let Beau out for his constitutional, and he leaped off the porch in pursuit of something verrrrrrrrrry interesting. I ended up adding an old cable to the end of what he's on, giving him enough length to come back around onto the porch. Which he chose not to do until ten minutes ago. He's now sound asleep, and I'm too keyed up to sleep.

HAVE A HAPPY THIRTEENTH!!

Shirlee Murphy said...

Oh, yep..it IS Friday the13th. Thanks for reminding
us, Puddle. I had some grandparents who would not
do any important work on a Fridaythe13th. Irish bunch:)

I am hoping the R's have and continue to have arguments
about who is the most conservative. The more they move
to the right....seems the better for us.

Love to all.

puddle said...

Posted: 6/8/2007 9:41:28 AM
Ah, we were young then
smoking Balkan Sobranies
or black Egyptians
or Russian cloves
or pastel ovals

but not inhaling

long black toreador pants
and bright silk scarves
waiting for a poet
with heavy jaw muscles

or a black dancer

it didn't matter

because everything was
just
so
intense




.

memory lane, lol!

puddle said...


Posted: 6/8/2007 10:21:03 AM

Ah, we were young then
smoking Balkan Sobranies
or black Egyptians
or Russian cloves
or pastel ovals


Me, it was Churchman’s # 1.
I’d sit there in the constituency office of the NDP
in a run-down working class district
during elections, with a round tin of them
on the battered table in front of me
and try to persuade visitors
that democratic socialism was best for them.




Posted: 6/9/2007 7:14:58 AM

Me, it was Churchman’s # 1.

. . . . Ah, yes. We watched (covertly) you
earnest awkward boys, and dreamed. . . .

But you had worlds to save
We smarted in your disesteem
And wrote breathy poems of
you on your secret trusty steeds
published in interesting little magazines



Posted: 6/9/2007 7:34:57 AM

Sweet baby Jesus, Wooby, that is good! It's like you sucked in 80 proof ozone & breathed out a freaking gem... Mies had it right, din' he?



puddle said...




MY LITTLE ONE

My little one whose tongue is dumb,
whose fingers cannot hold to things,
who is so mercilessly young,
he leaps upon the instant things,

I hold him not. Indeed, who could?
He runs into the burning wood.
Follow, follow if you can!
He will come out grown to a man

and not remember whom he kissed,
who caught him by the slender wrist
and bound him by a tender yoke
which, understanding not, he broke.


Tennessee Williams

listener said...

for puddle…

O gorgeous word smith,
You have taken me
back to college poetry class, where
my prof smoked dark brown cigarettes
waxing wise and hilarious, and serious
word associations like
"voluptuous bat"
and an air of reaping all the time
in the world.
He would become our poet laureate.
But just then, he was young and foreign
had seen immense cruelty in his homeland
had lost so much that he found
in the freedom of words,
like your words, here
today, so open to what matters.

~ listener




listener said...

On Thursday, I spent 6 hours re-painting the Compass Rose I made last year, on the Sailing School porch. It being that I worked on the floor, I sat (on a kneeler cushion) like a pretzel most of the time and, being left handed, leaned a lot on my right hand, on the wooden deck-like porch floor. After about 2 hours of leaning a lot (not constantly, though!) my right hand went about halfway numb, so I moved it a lot, did a lot of grasping motion, but it remained half-numb. Sometimes it even shook, as happens with Parkinson's. I figured that once I stopped working, it would do a "pins and needles" thing and recover. But no. So, I imagine it's something like a pinched nerve? Anyway, I hoped a good night's sleep would set it to rights.

Well, now it's Friday night and I'm still waiting for the numbness to wear off and to regain full use of my fingers and thumb. Weird! I cannot fully straighten my fingers (as for a karate chop), and I can't squeeze with my thumb sufficient to put eye drops into my eye. Yet it doesn't hurt! This afternoon I discovered an area of soreness where my neck and shoulder come together, so I guess it might be a kind of compression injury, with the pressure of leaning on the hand for so long, but I'm not sure.

I'm in NH on Monday. But if it's still this way on Tuesday, it's time to see the chiropractor. At least I think it's something a chiropractor could deal with. I know it's "mechanical" and how it happened. I know my old chiropractor could have dealt with it, but he recently retired.

Thoughts?

listener said...

If you can open this link, it's a photo of the Compass Rose. It's about 3' in diameter.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13233114_10154601471831754_5765143804530691853_n.jpg?oh=33a927bf6cf3bff66c20c343288c9902&oe=57A120E2

puddle said...

Lovely work, listener. Sorry about the hand. Carpel tunnel is usually the thumb and next two and a half fingers. Elbow compressed nerve is the baby finger and half of the ring finger. I think if the nerve was compressed at the neck, the whole hand would be numb. Both of my elbows compress the hand nerve. The first, the left, for twenty odd years, the second, the right just the last year or so. Can't stop leaning on them, lol!

I'm the only lady in my family who hasn't had carpel tunnel double surgery. When it started for me, I retrained my sleeping hands to lay flat under the pillow instead of grasping the top of the covers. Worked for me.

Pat said...

Good Morning,

Soon off to Daz Bog to meet with poets. Here's an offering to make you smile.

Sophomore English Class

She had us memorizing poetry,
Writing essays and translating
From Latin Julius Caesar’s journey
Over the Alps, and we had our revenge.

Someone clicked a ballpoint pen,
And then another and another
As she looked up, furious, questioning
Who? and then more of us in unison.

She called us “Whited Sepulchers”
Whitewashed tombs filled with
Dead men’s bones, beautiful
On the outside, unclean within.

We were hypocrites, she said,
And more than once we played
Our game of clicking and rebelling,
Though in truth her class was always fun.

Sister Priscilla, teacher of Latin and
English, artist, passionate spirit, we
Tried to make you crazy, but now
Fifty years later, you’re still a part of us
We grateful Whited Sepulchers.


* From Matthew 23:27

whitznd said...

Ah, grateful to come here to lovely poetry and beautiful paintings. I'm hoping the "rose" will have a couple of protective coats on it. Busy day coming up, actually busy weekend.

writing a memo to my boss to let her know that she is asking me to do twice the work I used to do in 1/2 half the time. And you ladies know I'm no slacker. So anyway, have to let her know that it's not yet time for me to cut hours to suit some idea of her saving money. will cost her more in the long run. And I don't need the stress.

much love, ladies. off to challenge the day. XOXO

Shirlee Murphy said...

Thanks for all the wisdom, knowledge and beauty, ladies!
puddle, I have that numb little finger thing....finally figured out
if I unbent my elbow it went away...thanks for the extra info.

Thanks for the poetry and painting..puddle, Pat and Listener.

Barb, I had that extra work..no extra pay thing happen to me
at the university. Finally took early retirement. I have never
regretted it.

70's and sunny here today...will get out for a walk!
Love to all.


Pat said...

I enjoyed your beautiful poetry, Puddle and Listener.

Surrounded in fog and cold, we have a dreary day here. Poetry helps.

puddle said...

In college, my best friend and I used to go to the audio rooms, and lay on the carpet to listen to recordings. Williams had recorded many of his poems from In the Winter of Cities. This is another:

For Carson McCullers

Which is my little boy, which is he,
Jean qui pleure ou Jean qui rit?

Jean qui rit is my delicate John,
The one with the Chinese slippers on,

Whose hobbyhorse in a single bound
Carries me back to native ground.

But Jean qui pleure is mysterieux
With sorrow older than Naishapur,

With all of the stars and all of the moons
Mirrored in little silver spoons.

Which is my little boy, which is he,
Jean qui pleure ou Jean qui rit?

---Tennessee Williams

A poem I loved, but didn't quite understand until I had a son.

listener said...

Thank-you, puddle!

I'm becoming more sure it's the elbow thing, because I can't bring my ring and pinky up tight with my other fingers...though that's funny because the elbow doesn't even hurt. The neck is a little less sore tonight, and the numbness is less at last!

My dearest friend had a fall last year and needed a chiropractic adjustment to get her hand to stop being numb. The adjustment was to her elbow!

Stay tuned. :-)

Sweet, that little boy poem!

Shirlee Murphy said...

Love the poetry, Puddle. I think my son was both....early on worked with
a father who was always surrounded by males....but then he had two
sisters on each side....and I was
always amazed how gentle and helpful
he was with the little ones and forbearing with the two older.
He is known by one of them as "the best brother in the world."

Cooler here today....Brenda expected...Mom in her robe...
woke with a stiff neck...now a little better but moved into
muscles around my skull. Ah, well therapist will be along
on Wednesday.

Love to all.

Shirlee Murphy said...

comma in the wrong place....Ah well, ....

listener said...

It works either way, Shirlee! :-)

Our middle child is the same way!! He had the advantage of getting to be grown up with the olders or play silly with the youngers, so had the freedom to grow at his own rate. He's our PhD wildlife biologist and Dad of two, who has quick wit and much forbearance. Sweet that your middle was the lone boy. He must have been much doted upon with so many sisters. :-)

puddle said...

Gotta say: cold here today (40º) and hard freeze warning for tonight (27º). AND very, krezzily, windy.

puddle said...


puddle • May 13, 2016 @7:48 pm

I’m trying to stay away from places where Hill’s crowd have access to me–I want to be able to vote for her, and her followers make that nearly impossible. If ever a crew didn’t know when or how to close their pie holes, it is them.

I remember being on the Dean blog when he suspended. We were hit by a wave of bloggers from the Kerry site. What we needed was some time to mourn. Cheerleaders in one’s Cheerios did not fit the bill.

We won–live with it is gonna gain them nada.

maha • May 14, 2016 @9:04 am

puddle — I know exactly what you’re saying. I’ve tried to explain this to some Clinton supporters. They can’t hear it.

listener said...

I have an amazing thing to tell you. As you know, all my life I have searched for photos of myself from early childhood, having none. Today my cousin Jim posted a COLOUR VIDEO from 1959, and I'm in it! Then he kindly made some stills for me, from the video. I cried for joy and am so deeply grateful!

They're grainy but cute, and what a treasure to me! Have a peek:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10154609411351754.1073742206.637766753&type=1&l=9e3c629fcf

puddle said...

listener, that's lovely. There are five of me before five--at six weeks, with a wig no less, to disguise my bald head, two, in overalls, looking like a little boy, at four in a new bathrobe with my lovely doll, Mary, and one with me, my brother, and our babysitter.

puddle said...

Prolly more of me and my brother than my cousins had of themselves, because my daddy was away at the war and pics were taken and sent so he wouldn't forget us. . . .

listener said...

Sweet and precious. They must have been precious to your Dad, too, receiving those sweet faces in the midst of war. I wonder if the wig made you look like a family member, so that photo got sent. :-)
I'm amazed to see video and grateful we were dressed up for the occasion. Extremely rare on both accounts!!!

Shirlee Murphy said...

Photos are precious. For some reason we were lucky....all four families that were my
Young'uns grandparents seemed to have cameras early on. As a result...as houses were
emptied after deaths photos and some papers ended up with my family...and Brenda..
Bless her heart ...has over the last 10-15 years duplicated them. Now, we have a collection
of 2,000 photos or more ..we can pull up on Spokt or being Brenda's lucky mom
have them running continuously on a picture frame. Not all family,
Includes family interests.....dog sledding in Alaska....Wendell Berry,
Friends or co-workers. We also have a few treasures of my great
Grand parents from both my mother' and father's family.

Mostly large families with the children buying cameras as soon
As they were available. And never throwing anything away!

Love to all. Happy day.

puddle said...

Oh, ah--forgot two: one at about one, buck nekkid in a galvanized wash tub, bathing, and two, at maybe three, in high top shoes, tan long stockings, sweater, standing in front of a puddle, hands clasped, all ready to stamp that foot and make a splash. There is no doubt in my mind at all that had that picture not also contained the shadow of my mother, camera in hand, falling across that puddle, it would have happened.

Shirlee Murphy said...

Love the descriptions of your childhood pictures, Puddle!

listener said...

I love all these notes about photos! We made sure to have many thousands of photos of our kiddos and they take many of their own. Another unfortunate cycle healed. :-)


Bernie ROCKS supporting the National Nurse Act, by recommending to the Senate HELP Committee that the bill be hotlined!
I just got word today from his Health Aide, Sophie Kasimow. :-D There is a real chance that the bill is going to pass this time!!

whitznd said...

Ah, excellent news on the National Nurse Act! What fun with pictures everyone is having. I have boxes that I'm waiting until "retirement" to sort out and scan into those picture sets so everyone can have copies.

Fingers crossed for Bernie today. Came across an EXCELLENT article about what happened to our politics and how Berniecrats can help fix it.

http://www.salon.com/2016/05/15/bernie_or_bust_will_save_us_the_foul_stench_of_lesser_evilism_has_made_our_politics_useless/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=socialflowhis

Much love to all my lovely ladies today.

Shirlee Murphy said...

I can see Puddle...ready to stamp her foot in that puddle!
I also had to wear those dreadful stockings in my first
two years in school. Had to walk two long blocks in
Michigan winters. Hated them.

Off to a twice a year check with my primary care doc
today. Kindest doc I have....can't say that for his current
nurse...but she is learning...slowly!

puddle said...

One text message read: "We know where you live... where your kids go to school/grandkids. We have everything on you."

Sorry--this needs to be explicitly condemned. Pronto.

listener said...

Making threats needs to be condemned. Bernie did say today that he does not condone violence. He has also said that all along. What I don't yet know is WHO made the threats. Were they Bernie supporters or people posing as such? I have this feeling in my gut that there's something very fishy here. It isn't like Bernie people to make threats. If these are rogue Bernie people, that is NOT Bernie's fault. I heard an accusation that a Bernie STAFFER started the fray. I want this confirmed before it's on every stupid parroting media outlet. I miss Jon Stewart.

Pat said...

Good Morning,

First sunshine in five days. I don't think I could live in Oregon, Washington State, Alaska, or Siberia. With the sun out, life seems brighter, more doable, and living seems a gift. With the dark, the cold, the rain, it feels like living underground. I guess I wouldn't make a very happy pocket gopher.

I wish that Bernie had won Kentucky, though according to NPR, they haven't called the election yet. Frankly, Trump and Hillary are just demoralizing. Hillary may be innocent of every accusation, but she and Bill bring so much baggage, that I feel it's a mistake that she is running. We have enormous change, and Hillary and Bill have been successful with the old systems.

Well, we'll see. It's possible if the Democrats are disgusted and alienated, and don't turn out to vote, we could have Trump for president. God help us.

Shirlee Murphy said...

Photos are precious. For some reason we were lucky....all four families that were my
Young'uns grandparents seemed to have cameras early on. As a result...as houses were
emptied after deaths photos and some papers ended up with my family...and Brenda..
Bless her heart ...has over the last 10-15 years duplicated them. Now, we have a collection
of 2,000 photos or more ..we can pull up on Spokt or being Brenda's lucky mom
have them running continuously on a picture frame. Not all family,
Includes family interests.....dog sledding in Alaska....Wendell Berry,
Friends or co-workers. We also have a few treasures of my great
Grand parents from both my mother' and father's family.

Mostly large families with the children buying cameras as soon
As they were available. And never throwing anything away!

Love to all. Happy day.

listener said...

Bernie is winning Oregon by 12 points at the moment and Nurse Teri (in Oregon) says the remaining precincts that need to report in are only likely to boost his win! Yay!!! It cracks me up that Bernie won EVERY county in Oregon save for the one in which Hillary got 101 votes and Bernie got 100 votes.

Well, I got a perfect checkup at the dentist today. Well, except that my incisors keep chipping, but that's just genetics. I go back to get them repaired soon.

puddle said...

Crummy cold day, Boo. Hiss.

Plus--Beau's been walking around with a broken collar for I don't know how long. When I went to hook him up last night, I nearly couldn't. Let him out twice today, and *then* remembered to check it. *Both* rivets that hold the buckle and d-ring had broken through the leather. It was just staying closed by custom. Got a rough repair done, and have ordered, on next day delivery, a new collar. Due Friday. Whew!

AND I want to know where everything went when I wasn't looking??? I used to have some very thin strong wire that would have worked much better than the elastic I did use. And tools. And. . . oh, well.

Pat said...

Good Morning,

Sun so far, supposed to warm to the 60s. Oh please, Spring, show your face!

We've had a virus or bacterial infection here, lots of runny noses, phlegm in throat, tough to breathe, coughing. It's been about three weeks, and so many here in Colorado have it. I use a Netti pot, cough syrup, pills that are supposed to relieve congestion, saline spray, Hall's cough drops, a heating pad on my chest; it's getting better, but when you can't breathe, you can't think. I have sympathy for those who have respiratory problems. But, it's better than it was.

I hope that the Democratic Party won't fall apart, as much as I'm discouraged with them. It's a balancing act to support a candidate and still be democratic, and I think the leadership has failed in that not only this time, but when Howard Dean was running as well. It's an insult and an arrogance to predetermine the nominee and manipulate the membership. That's what the insiders have done for too many elections, and if we think the Republican party is a catastrophe, the Democrats could outdo them. Ahh, well, I hope you have a good day with sunshine, good things happening, and optimism.

listener said...

So! Sophie wrote me back this morning!! As suspected, she needs to send me on to someone else, but she sent me their phone number, so I'll have to try to call next week, since I'm working tomorrow. The reason she can't help me is that my message as to do with the campaign and (OF COURSE!) the Senate folks are required to keep their work completely separate from the campaign. Duh! I knew that from my time volunteering with data entry at Campaign HQ.

listener said...

Oh wait. LOL! I'm telling you how it turned out without telling what "it" is.

Last evening I sent this to Bernie's health aide, who has been instrumental in keeping Bernie informed on the National Nurse Act.

Dear Sophie,

This is completely off topic and unrelated to the National Nurse Act, except quite indirectly. I am writing this to you because I imagine you would know how to put it into the right hands.

Two wise, older Bernie supporters, one in California, and the other in Chicago, posted tonight on a very small political blog which I frequent, asking if, should (heaven forbid) Bernie not get the nomination, he might be willing to establish a new organization analogous to Dean’s Democracy for America or Obama's Organizing for America, but perhaps more active and created for the purposes of furthering real progressive action and encouraging and supporting progressive candidates.

First things first, of course. Oregon has spoken well, and we are still very desirous of having Bernie as our President!! He has shown profound courage, spoken truth to power, and somehow manages, in the midst of a grueling schedule and lifestyle, to speak straight to the heart of a matter without getting waylaid by rhetoric and emotion in the room. We need him so much as our leader, and the world sees this too. I do hope, deeply, that the broken political system’s failure of leadership won’t result in the wrong person being elected. Yet if that happens, we are going to need true leadership all the more.

Anyway, if you know someone to pass this to, please feel free. If you would rather point me elsewhere, I’m okay with that and would be grateful for any help you can offer.
Most Warmly,

puddle said...

Oh, listener, good on you, and good on her. Hope it augurs well. . . .

Jo_in_Vermont said...

listener some of Bernie's staffers started this group immediately after being laid off from the campaign. he supports them. https://brandnewcongress.org/

Jo_in_Vermont said...

http://www.salon.com/2016/04/28/this_is_what_the_revolution_looks_like_former_sanders_staffers_are_launching_a_new_pac_aimed_at_midterm_congressional_elections/

listener said...

San Francisco Examiner endorses Bernie!
http://www.examiner.com/article/san-francisco-examiner-editorial-board-endorses-bernie-sanders-for-president

listener said...

That all looks so good, Jo. I need to catch up, and that has to wait for Monday at this point as I'm working the next two days and we have a family birthday on Sunday. I'm exhausted and heading to bed.

But first…

On Point Radio asked: What do Bernie Sanders supporters want?
Bernie Sanders supporters on how they see his candidacy, Hillary Clinton, the Democratic Party, and the future now.
Here’s the link: http://onpoint.wbur.org/2016/05/19/what-bernie-sanders-supporters-want

On their Facebook page, tonight, I wrote:

I was at an appt at 10am, so I'll comment here. I was a Democrat most of my life, until I saw the way the Party treated its own in Iowa in 2004. I care about the election process. I work at the polls in my town, have volunteered for various candidates and have even run for office. But since 2004 I have been an Independent, and as a Vermonter I know I want Bernie Sanders as my President; in fact, I feel strongly that I cannot vote for the other two candidates. The Democratic Party has shown partiality this whole campaign season, and I refuse to “get on board” when I do not trust Hillary Clinton (and have not since long before she became a candidate).

Bernie Sanders has shown profound courage, spoken truth to power, and somehow manages, in the midst of a grueling schedule and lifestyle, to speak straight to the heart of a matter without getting waylaid by rhetoric and emotion in the room. We need him so much as our leader, and the world sees this too. I do hope, deeply, that the broken political system’s failure of leadership won’t result in the wrong person being elected. If that does happens, we are going to need true leadership all the more.

Two wise Sanders supporters, older even than I, one in California and the other in Chicago, posted last night on a very small political blog which I frequent, asking if, should (heaven forbid) Bernie Sanders not get the nomination, he might be willing to establish a new organization analogous to Dean’s Democracy for America or Obama's Organizing for America, but perhaps more active and created for the purposes of furthering real progressive action and encouraging and supporting progressive candidates.

First things first, of course. It would certainly help this nation’s discernment were the the FBI to complete its investigation before the Democratic Convention. Yet, either way, delegates need to recognise that Sanders polls far better against the Republican candidate than Clinton does. It is incredibly frustrating to see the Democratic Party’s power plays while there is an honest, caring, brilliant and consistent candidate worth voting for. If the broken system reigns and Hillary Clinton becomes the nominee, we will need Bernie Sanders to help us keep on keeping on. Otherwise, I feel certain many people, young and us older folks as well, will give up on the political process altogether.

listener said...

Thanks, Jo! It looks like former Bernie staffers have it covered! I made your links clickable:

http://www.salon.com/2016/04/28/this_is_what_the_revolution_looks_like_former_sanders_staffers_are_launching_a_new_pac_aimed_at_midterm_congressional_elections/

https://brandnewcongress.org

listener said...

Has anyone found links to refute this?

http://www.politifact.com/nevada/statements/2016/may/18/jeff-weaver/allegations-fraud-and-misconduct-nevada-democratic

listener said...

And now, off to open the Library with a newbie I haven't yet met. Wish me luck and say a little prayer that my hand and brain don't fail me!

puddle said...

Peace: new collar arrived, is beautiful, fits, and is on the dog.

whitznd said...

We, in WA state, are organizing to be able to carry on beyond the election. We have some mighty people in the right positions. For that I'm grateful.

much love to you ladies.

listener said...

Yay puddle!! So glad da Boy is secure again! :-D

listener said...

What a treasure trove this article is, with links to other thoughtful articles. The author articulates so well why I left the Democratic Party in 2004, after seeing how they treated their own in Iowa.

Why I Am Leaving the Democratic Party, by Shaun King
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/king-leaving-democratic-party-article-1.2644307

listener said...

Re: Vermont's Superdelegates

http://www.wcax.com/story/32027995/vt-leaders-on-sanders-staying-in-the-race

puddle said...

New thread!