Major thunderstorm upon us here. Electric flickered out. Lost a long post in composition.
Funny how many peeps don't like Hill 'cause she stuck with Bill? Wonder how many of my friends secretly dislike me because I stayed with a man who cheated on me? I felt then the pain of his cheating, and also the pain of others' judgement on me. Well, if he cheated, it must have been her fault. Sex at home must have been bad, or bad cooking, or, or, or. . . . I'm not going to pass it along. Monica was a basket of snakes from the git go, and I'm not about to blame another woman for that.
puddle, mind you, Hillary standing by her man was merely the first alarm bell that made me question her judgment. Unfortunately, she has given me scores of reasons to question her judgment since then. I NEVER thought she was to blame for his cheating. No way. What I blamed was his lack of consideration of his responsibility as a person in highest power not to go after an intern. This was a power-over relationship, and he was disgustingly in the wrong. Then he lied about it under oath! And now Hillary wants to give him power again in her administration? Not by my vote.
I wonder what Bernie meant about "in a very short time" to be helping to defeat Trump. It sounded like he's planning to fight for his platform then endorse her at/just after the Convention.
I cannot imagine how he will manage to make Hillary palatable. And why should he want to?
I'm mystified as to why he feels the Dem Party should be reformed, rather than having a fresh new party that doesn't have the baggage and power mongers the Dem Party has.
But, YAY for his championing the 50-state strategy!
Excellent article, Puddle. I get so frustrated with Hillary supporters being so angry at Sanders and his supporters. Talk about sore winners. Just makes me want to dig in my heels harder.
One friend that is a Hillary support put the question out about why isn't Bernie contesting some thing else, yaka yaka yaka. So I said that his goal is to force the party more to the left and way from it's rightward tack. I think she'll understand. She and her husband are very wealthy but super super progressive. You wonder why they're behind Hillary? He's Jewish and he said to me at the beginning of the campaign, "They'll never elect a Jewish man". Broke my heart.
At least she was civil in her request. Most Hillary supporters are arrogant and superior and just infuriate me.
Maybe, it is the terror he sees coming on us if we let Trump get elected. I am not sure how we would recover from his ability to spread hatred. His rally in Greensboro was terrifying and enlightening. He is really an ignorant, spoiled bully with a limited vocabulary...mostly "thousands and thousands" of whatever. He is far more dangerous than the Nixon or Reagan regimes.
Has been in the 90's here for the last few days...80's coming up...will be good to get in some walking time.
He was five, and the journey longer than a day to the new world, joggling in the back of a wood wagon.
The floors were dirt. The windows, oiled paper. The boys slept on the porch, the four of them, and a dog his mother would shoo off the bed ~~ but only for the time of her staying.
He loved it there. Perhaps because, for once, his mother, a mountain girl from Norway, was happy there, in all the green, and with her garden. . . .
(the story, found among my father's papers, after my mother's death)
Oh, I like this. Beautiful, real, and yes, history that is now so far behind us. Thank you.
Hope all is well you you and everyone. Hot here, lots of activities: meetings, birthdays, doctor appointments, dentist appointments. June is galloping by.
The problem with a third party ticket is the Ralph Nader effect that gave us George W. Bush. If Hillary and Bernie supporters do not come together, we could have Trump for a President, and that's a catastrophe. Would I like a Green Party? Yes, definitely, but not at the expense of having a demagogue, racist, narcissist,well, insane man for president. We have to make some hard choices, I think.
Same here, Pat.....way too chancy! If any of you get DKos there is a tweeted report there from a young man who was at TRump's GSO rally. The things he reported as they happened are horrifying....too much like Hitler...and I remember Hitler even though I was a kid.....and all we had was a radio....but we lived near Detroit wth defense plants.... I love Bernie, too...but at this time a vote for Bernie is absolutely not the thing. Trump is way too dangerous.
Nader never had the support Bernie has. Nader wasn't polling higher than anyone else running. And he wasn't the only candidate who wasn't being investigated by the FBI.
Apples and oranges.
If the Dems don't have a candidate I can vote for, it isn't my fault if Trump wins. I do NOT accept the guilt trip now or later. If the Dems needed my vote, they should have thought of that before they coronated Clinton before the people voted, before they chose voter suppression and fraud, before they dissed my guy repeatedly and stacked the deck against him with the way the debates were done, etc.. I will be writing in Bernie Sanders, and I dare say most of Vermont will do the same.
Whoo! I've had my hands full the last three days, as our 8 year old granddaughter was here with us. It was a heap of fun and she is so much easier to be with these days than when she was little and rambunctious. But she still has a lot of energy and it came out goofy and silly. :-) But oh I'm tired! Ha! I'll rest up for a few days and scrub house some more, for our two Maine granddaughters arrive on Thursday for a few days. More great fun and more energy out! Ha! THen we'll drive them home and continue on up the Maine coast for a brief trip to celebrate our 42nd Anniversary. ♥ ♥ "The days are just packed."
Meanwhile, I am attempting to keep current on what's transpiring with the campaigns, and the world, and friends, and all you wonderful blog women. I am surprised at how strong my feelings are about this election (especially the ways we are seeing our democracy stolen or maimed). Hopefully I haven't turned anyone here off as regards being able to speak freely. I know that underneath the decisions we are making, we are all on the same page of caring about one another, this nation, our families, and the world. ♡
Am enjoying the pics of my grand's grad celebration yesterday and today. My gift arrived today right in the middle of the afternoon's celebration, via AMZL. . . Which seems to be Amazon's version of Uber. . . . Gave her the most recent Joy of Cooking. Just as I gave a copy to both of my sons on their leaving.
Every new cook should have that book! I had a copy once...until I turned most cooking over to my daughters while I was busy earning degrees. Some relatives thought I was abandoning my family....in truth they all Grew up knowing how to cook and handling life in general. Nobody has been on drugs..or in jail. The four girls all went to college, my son took on more and more responsibility for his father's business....and now his oldest son has moved back to join the business.
Lovely day here in GSO...w. Brenda bringing in supplies, cooking etc.
My Grandmother gave me the Joy of Cooking as a wedding shower gift. She knew my mother had never taught me how to cook, and ir turned out to be such a help! I had the 1974 version that still had the old stories and anecdotes in it. I remember that the Cheese Custard Pie recipe (we call it Quiche here) included a story about a cook they used to have who made this Pie. It talks about her terrible personality but praises her cooking. LOL! The reprints dropped the anecdotes.
Bill got a Father's Day satellite phone call from Shiloh, doing research on Coats Island. { ! } It was a 12 digit number I didn't recognize, so I didn't pick up. (Great mom, huh?) Fortunately, he then called Bill's number, and Bill is more courageous than me, so answered.
They had chest high snow, but it has since mostly melted. He has already found 4 of the Semi-palmated Sandpipers he tagged last year with geolocators. Yay! So far, so good, despite the mud, wind and cold. He has written and sent in two reports so far, but his employer hasn't gotten around to posting them…!! Sheesh!!
Let me know how your squeeze likes Brideshead, eh?
I'd contended for decades that Joy was the best cookbook on earth--covered *everything* anyone'd need to know. In '95 was given a pair of squirrels. Picked up my Joy, and sure enough. Recipe begins: How to skin a squirrel. . . . (stand on its tail, and . . . .)
Hey, puddle. We watched the first episode of the epic series on Saturday evening. We both thought it quite well done. Mah*Sweetie is interested in the book. He loves period films and writings!! :-) We will save the movie for after the book and series, so we won't be as disappointed (knowing better is available). THANK-YOU!!!
I tried to call Bernie HQ today (802) 862-1505, but their voicemail is full. So I sent an email.
What I wanna know is whether Bernie plans to share his donor list with the Clinton campaign. I doubt he would choose to do that. So the other question I asked is whether the DNC could simply take his donor list. I do NOT want my information shared with the Clinton campaign. I'll let you know what I hear.
There will be a rare Solstice FULL MOON tonight!! The last time it happened was 70 years ago. The next time will be 78 years from now; so this is a once in a lifetime experience!
At my house, sunset and moonrise will be concurrent. To see when the moon will rise at your house: http://www.timeanddate.com/moon/
Troo dat, puddel! I thought of that, as soon as I'd posted to Shirlee, then realized you'd have been a wee babe, so let it go, as you'd have no memory of it for sure. ♡
Great picture, Listener! Booo on the gun legislation. However, 6,700 people signed up to be Berniecrats in the upcoming elections. AND another 11,000 signed up to help them and/or volunteer. We are not going down folks!
I saw a post that there was a resolution passed at our State convention to make all the delegates be Bernie Delegates. Don't think that went anywhere though. the Hillary people were ticked off that we wouldn't let them have more since she won the beauty pageant election. Mostly because Bernie people were smart enough to know that that election wasn't worth the paper it was written on. It was an $11 million give away of names and address for the Republican party as the outside envelope forced you to check a box as to which party you were voting for. Excuse me, what ever happened to the privacy of the vote? Our "Democratic" (HAH) election person will be going down in the coming election.
Elegant, Listener. Ready for a summertime yard party?
Bone density test yesterday....results back in three weeks. Last one in 2012. Checking the stability of the hardware in both hips.
In the 90s here today...too hot for an outside walk.. good that we have long hallways In these old buildings...and my apartment is at the front ...to even get to the elevator is half a block...faces on what was the alley.. now a walkway between the two buildings.
Listener, a bone density test is really just a variation of an x-ray. .except...no calcium or multi vitamins the day before and the day of the test. Wear nothing with metal. Scanner passes over you and results show up on techs Computer screen. Height and weight taken before the test starts. Whole process takes about 45!minutes. Fairly stress free! I think your primary care doc needs to order it for insurance to pay. Results of test go to doc to review and decide what to do .in 2012 I think my doc Suggested adding extra vitamin D to my supplements... was already on a good calcium. Good luck.
“It doesn’t appear that I’m going to be the nominee, so I’m not going to determine the scope of the convention. I’ve given a few speeches in my life. It would be nice to speak at the Democratic National Convention. If for whatever reason they don’t want me to speak, then whatever.” — Sen. Bernie Sanders, quoted by the Washington Post.
Here's the video of the full hour of CSPAN's interview with Bernie. I haven't yet found the Washington Post article so cant offer that link.
Temperate today, with the result that the front door stayed open most of the day, and dog stayed just inside on his cable. Tonight the lightning bugs are putting on a grand show.
Results from the blood test are identical to the previous time, so no changes in routine required.
Ah, Puddle..thank you for reporting your results .good news! Listener...please don't feel sad...I think Bernie has given all of us much ti think about and act on...who knows how much his campaign strengthened the Dems sit in? I would guess quite a bit.
Gray here, but temps predicted to be up to 96 today...yikes!
Listener...many thanks for the Bernie c-span video. Wonderful..and don't feel sad...he is not done making us more progressive...it is just going to take a little more time!
Lays our specifics...on where he stands and what he might do.. and realistic about what he can't do. Loved it!
Headed this a-way, apparently...severe thunderstorms predicted beginning later this evening! Hope they are just blustery here, also. Nasty gray clouds beginning to move in now..
BTW! I have it on high authority that at the VT meeting after California Bernie said he will not concede and not endorse, but will congratulate and will stand with HRC on specific items in the platform. That is all.
We were very lucky - dodged a bullet on this storm. The worst of it went south of us - Warm Springs reported 10" (!!!!) of rain, and the town of..Cumberland I think, in the Roanoke Valley anyway...is under water - the pictures on the news this morning were horrific - one piece of footage showed a house, engulfed in flames, being washed away - no details on what caused it to catch fire. My rain gauge has about 1 1/3" total from the storm.
Shirlee, hope you're safe and dry and with power! xox
• Ralph Stanley, whose “mountain music” gave rise to bluegrass, dies at 89:
Ralph Stanley, the singer, banjo player and guardian of unvarnished mountain music who was also a pivotal figure in the recent revival of interest in bluegrass, died on Thursday. He was 89. [...]
Though widely regarded as one of the founding fathers of bluegrass, Mr. Stanley said on numerous occasions that he did not believe his music was representative of the genre.
Puddle...downtown GSO had one huge thunder boomer and some rain. On the N.E. side of town where Brenda lives they pretty much had storms all night.
So sorry to hear of Ralph Stanley's death. Came often to perform in the Carolina Theatre just a block away....but only once since I have been here and I had had some medical procedure that day..left me wiped out...could not be there.
Gone...Doc, Merle and Richard Watson, Jean Ritchie, John Hartford, now Ralph Stanley.... I am happy to have some of their CDs on my bed withi easy reach as needed.
I'm glad you are all right, Puddle. The flooding and loss of life are tragic. This has been a very strange June. I'm afraid we are in for weather calamities until we can address the climate change we have effected.
We've been busy here, the busiest June I can remember with dental, doctor appointments, meetings, family events. David and I are putting together a DVD of the Bobcat Gulch wildfire that took place here in June of 2000. I'm gathering comments from newspapers to fit with the photos, and we hope to give it to our community to sell on July 4th. The proceeds will go to our new fire building. So, I'm working on that.
Politics is simply nuts. I can't remember a time like this. In the July issue of Harpers, Rebecca Solnit has a good essay on how people have bought into Reagans's depiction of the lone cowboy mentality, the idea that we don't need each other and that as individuals we are self sufficient and that's freedom. The Republican rhetoric of less government, lower taxes, free enterprise, has made for isolation, damage, and delusion when it dominates our sense of who we are.
68 comments:
Oh, the poor, sweet bear! I'd give him my bird feeder gladly. ♡
Bears and Bernie are First!
Paul Farmer is one of my heroes.. Thank you, Puddle.
Picture made me cry...
I guess that Bernie is going to have a phone town hall tonight? Will have to look for some info on it.
Major thunderstorm upon us here. Electric flickered out. Lost a long post in composition.
Funny how many peeps don't like Hill 'cause she stuck with Bill? Wonder how many of my friends secretly dislike me because I stayed with a man who cheated on me? I felt then the pain of his cheating, and also the pain of others' judgement on me. Well, if he cheated, it must have been her fault. Sex at home must have been bad, or bad cooking, or, or, or. . . . I'm not going to pass it along. Monica was a basket of snakes from the git go, and I'm not about to blame another woman for that.
http://www.mahablog.com/2016/06/10/off-the-lawn-off-the-boat-out-of-the-party/
puddle, mind you, Hillary standing by her man was merely the first alarm bell that made me question her judgment. Unfortunately, she has given me scores of reasons to question her judgment since then. I NEVER thought she was to blame for his cheating. No way. What I blamed was his lack of consideration of his responsibility as a person in highest power not to go after an intern. This was a power-over relationship, and he was disgustingly in the wrong. Then he lied about it under oath! And now Hillary wants to give him power again in her administration? Not by my vote.
I watched the speech tonight….
I wonder what Bernie meant about "in a very short time" to be helping to defeat Trump. It sounded like he's planning to fight for his platform then endorse her at/just after the Convention.
I cannot imagine how he will manage to make Hillary palatable. And why should he want to?
I'm mystified as to why he feels the Dem Party should be reformed, rather than having a fresh new party that doesn't have the baggage and power mongers the Dem Party has.
But, YAY for his championing the 50-state strategy!
Maybe he's simply marking time?
https://johnlaurits.com/2016/06/15/the-math-of-the-convention/
Excellent article, Puddle. I get so frustrated with Hillary supporters being so angry at Sanders and his supporters. Talk about sore winners. Just makes me want to dig in my heels harder.
One friend that is a Hillary support put the question out about why isn't Bernie contesting some thing else, yaka yaka yaka. So I said that his goal is to force the party more to the left and way from it's rightward tack. I think she'll understand. She and her husband are very wealthy but super super progressive. You wonder why they're behind Hillary? He's Jewish and he said to me at the beginning of the campaign, "They'll never elect a Jewish man". Broke my heart.
At least she was civil in her request. Most Hillary supporters are arrogant and superior and just infuriate me.
lots of love to you, ladies.
Maybe, it is the terror he sees coming on us if we let Trump get elected.
I am not sure how we would recover from his ability to spread hatred.
His rally in Greensboro was terrifying and enlightening. He is really
an ignorant, spoiled bully with a limited vocabulary...mostly "thousands
and thousands" of whatever. He is far more dangerous than the Nixon
or Reagan regimes.
Has been in the 90's here for the last few days...80's coming up...will
be good to get in some walking time.
Love to all.
Bluebell, 1914
He was five,
and the journey longer than a day
to the new world,
joggling in the back of a wood wagon.
The floors were dirt.
The windows, oiled paper.
The boys slept on the porch,
the four of them, and a dog
his mother would shoo off the bed ~~
but only for the time of her staying.
He loved it there.
Perhaps because, for once,
his mother, a mountain girl from Norway,
was happy there, in all the green,
and with her garden. . . .
(the story, found among my father's papers,
after my mother's death)
Oh, I like this. Beautiful, real, and yes, history that is now so far behind us. Thank you.
Hope all is well you you and everyone. Hot here, lots of activities: meetings, birthdays, doctor appointments, dentist appointments. June is galloping by.
LIVE POLL: Would you still support Bernie is he chooses to run-on the Green Party ticket. (So far it's 96% yes.)
http://usanewshome.com/world-news/live-poll-will-still-support-bernie-sanders-chooses-green-party/
Seven Days article on Bernie's speech
http://www.sevendaysvt.com/OffMessage/archives/2016/06/16/in-non-concession-speech-sanders-vows-to-keep-fighting
Ah! Grandlovely graduates from high school today!!
Good Morning,
The problem with a third party ticket is the Ralph Nader effect that gave us George W. Bush. If Hillary and Bernie supporters do not come together, we could have Trump for a President, and that's a catastrophe. Would I like a Green Party? Yes, definitely, but not at the expense of having a demagogue, racist, narcissist,well, insane man for president. We have to make some hard choices, I think.
Same here, Pat.....way too chancy! If any of you get DKos
there is a tweeted report there from a young man who was at
TRump's GSO rally. The things he reported as they happened
are horrifying....too much like Hitler...and I remember Hitler
even though I was a kid.....and all we had was a radio....but we
lived near Detroit wth defense plants.... I love Bernie, too...but at
this time a vote for Bernie is absolutely not the thing. Trump is
way too dangerous.
I will never vote for Clinton. Not happening.
Nader never had the support Bernie has. Nader wasn't polling higher than anyone else running. And he wasn't the only candidate who wasn't being investigated by the FBI.
Apples and oranges.
If the Dems don't have a candidate I can vote for, it isn't my fault if Trump wins. I do NOT accept the guilt trip now or later. If the Dems needed my vote, they should have thought of that before they coronated Clinton before the people voted, before they chose voter suppression and fraud, before they dissed my guy repeatedly and stacked the deck against him with the way the debates were done, etc.. I will be writing in Bernie Sanders, and I dare say most of Vermont will do the same.
It's looking more and more like the R's are going to dumpy the Dump Truck anyway.
With a little luck the D's will have to dump Clinton too.
Can you picture Sanders vs Kaisch? :-D
More likely it would be Biden vs Cruz vs Sanders.
Wow, this from CNN.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/18/politics/peoples-summit-hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-unity/index.html
Whoo! I've had my hands full the last three days, as our 8 year old granddaughter was here with us. It was a heap of fun and she is so much easier to be with these days than when she was little and rambunctious. But she still has a lot of energy and it came out goofy and silly. :-) But oh I'm tired! Ha! I'll rest up for a few days and scrub house some more, for our two Maine granddaughters arrive on Thursday for a few days. More great fun and more energy out! Ha! THen we'll drive them home and continue on up the Maine coast for a brief trip to celebrate our 42nd Anniversary. ♥ ♥ "The days are just packed."
Meanwhile, I am attempting to keep current on what's transpiring with the campaigns, and the world, and friends, and all you wonderful blog women. I am surprised at how strong my feelings are about this election (especially the ways we are seeing our democracy stolen or maimed). Hopefully I haven't turned anyone here off as regards being able to speak freely. I know that underneath the decisions we are making, we are all on the same page of caring about one another, this nation, our families, and the world. ♡
Am enjoying the pics of my grand's grad celebration yesterday and today. My gift arrived today right in the middle of the afternoon's celebration, via AMZL. . . Which seems to be Amazon's version of Uber. . . . Gave her the most recent Joy of Cooking. Just as I gave a copy to both of my sons on their leaving.
Every new cook should have that book! I had a copy once...until I turned
most cooking over to my daughters while I was busy earning degrees.
Some relatives thought I was abandoning my family....in truth they all
Grew up knowing how to cook and handling life in general. Nobody has
been on drugs..or in jail. The four girls all went to college, my son took
on more and more responsibility for his father's business....and now his
oldest son has moved back to join the business.
Lovely day here in GSO...w. Brenda bringing in supplies, cooking etc.
Love to all.
My Grandmother gave me the Joy of Cooking as a wedding shower gift. She knew my mother had never taught me how to cook, and ir turned out to be such a help! I had the 1974 version that still had the old stories and anecdotes in it. I remember that the Cheese Custard Pie recipe (we call it Quiche here) included a story about a cook they used to have who made this Pie. It talks about her terrible personality but praises her cooking. LOL! The reprints dropped the anecdotes.
Bill got a Father's Day satellite phone call from Shiloh, doing research on Coats Island. { ! } It was a 12 digit number I didn't recognize, so I didn't pick up. (Great mom, huh?) Fortunately, he then called Bill's number, and Bill is more courageous than me, so answered.
They had chest high snow, but it has since mostly melted. He has already found 4 of the Semi-palmated Sandpipers he tagged last year with geolocators. Yay! So far, so good, despite the mud, wind and cold. He has written and sent in two reports so far, but his employer hasn't gotten around to posting them…!! Sheesh!!
Anyway, it was great to hear his voice.
Let me know how your squeeze likes Brideshead, eh?
I'd contended for decades that Joy was the best cookbook on earth--covered *everything* anyone'd need to know. In '95 was given a pair of squirrels. Picked up my Joy, and sure enough. Recipe begins: How to skin a squirrel. . . . (stand on its tail, and . . . .)
Hey, puddle. We watched the first episode of the epic series on Saturday evening. We both thought it quite well done. Mah*Sweetie is interested in the book. He loves period films and writings!! :-) We will save the movie for after the book and series, so we won't be as disappointed (knowing better is available). THANK-YOU!!!
The first post is up from Coats Island! Written by Wildlife*Biologist*PhD*Son
http://shorebirdscience.org/category/2016/
I tried to call Bernie HQ today (802) 862-1505, but their voicemail is full. So I sent an email.
What I wanna know is whether Bernie plans to share his donor list with the Clinton campaign. I doubt he would choose to do that. So the other question I asked is whether the DNC could simply take his donor list. I do NOT want my information shared with the Clinton campaign. I'll let you know what I hear.
Summer begins at 6:34 PM EDT today!
There will be a rare Solstice FULL MOON tonight!! The last time it happened was 70 years ago. The next time will be 78 years from now; so this is a once in a lifetime experience!
At my house, sunset and moonrise will be concurrent. To see when the moon will rise at your house:
http://www.timeanddate.com/moon/
Twice in a lifetime for you, Shirlee. :-)
NPR and WAPO agree. 4 pieces of gun legislation will be voted on tonight and all 4 will fail. We desperately need a new Congress.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/06/20/the-senate-will-vote-on-4-gun-control-proposals-monday-heres-everything-you-need-to-know/
Me, too, listener. Though I can't say I was aware the first time. . . .
Troo dat, puddel! I thought of that, as soon as I'd posted to Shirlee, then realized you'd have been a wee babe, so let it go, as you'd have no memory of it for sure. ♡
Changed my Gravatar. I finally found a recent pic I like! Not sure when it will show up, but keep an eye open for it. :-)
How about now?
:-) There it is!
Great picture, Listener! Booo on the gun legislation. However, 6,700 people signed up to be Berniecrats in the upcoming elections. AND another 11,000 signed up to help them and/or volunteer. We are not going down folks!
I saw a post that there was a resolution passed at our State convention to make all the delegates be Bernie Delegates. Don't think that went anywhere though. the Hillary people were ticked off that we wouldn't let them have more since she won the beauty pageant election. Mostly because Bernie people were smart enough to know that that election wasn't worth the paper it was written on. It was an $11 million give away of names and address for the Republican party as the outside envelope forced you to check a box as to which party you were voting for. Excuse me, what ever happened to the privacy of the vote? Our "Democratic" (HAH) election person will be going down in the coming election.
Take care all. XOXO
Odd weather day--rain, storms, heat, steam. . . .
Love the new pic, listener!
Elegant, Listener. Ready for a summertime yard party?
Bone density test yesterday....results back in three weeks.
Last one in 2012. Checking the stability of the hardware
in both hips.
In the 90s here today...too hot for an outside walk.. good that we have long
hallways In these old buildings...and my apartment is at the front ...to
even get to the elevator is half a block...faces on what was the alley..
now a walkway between the two buildings.
I miss hearing from Jo.....anyone hear from her?
I see Jo on FB all the time. Still putting up Bernie posts. As I am! HAHAHA #StillSanders!
Shirlee, what does a bone density test involve? I have a feeling I'm up for one this year. Thanks in advance!
Sure hope your results are good. ♥
Yes to the yard party! I'll be right over! :-D
Actually, it's been sooooo hot here this season that I have needed hats and white blouses many days. Whooo!
No A/C.
Hi, to Jo from me, Barb.. Still love this blog.
Listener, a bone density test is really just a variation of
an x-ray. .except...no calcium or multi vitamins the day
before and the day of the test. Wear nothing with metal.
Scanner passes over you and results show up on techs
Computer screen. Height and weight taken before the
test starts. Whole process takes about 45!minutes.
Fairly stress free! I think your primary care doc needs
to order it for insurance to pay. Results of test go to doc
to review and decide what to do .in 2012 I think my doc
Suggested adding extra vitamin D to my supplements...
was already on a good calcium. Good luck.
“It doesn’t appear that I’m going to be the nominee, so I’m not going to determine the scope of the convention. I’ve given a few speeches in my life. It would be nice to speak at the Democratic National Convention. If for whatever reason they don’t want me to speak, then whatever.”
— Sen. Bernie Sanders, quoted by the Washington Post.
Here's the video of the full hour of CSPAN's interview with Bernie. I haven't yet found the Washington Post article so cant offer that link.
http://www.c-span.org/video/?411569-1/bernie-sanders-discusses-presidential-campaign
I haven't had chance to watch it yet. Hopefully tomorrow.
But I will say that I feel incredibly sad. :-(
Temperate today, with the result that the front door stayed open most of the day, and dog stayed just inside on his cable. Tonight the lightning bugs are putting on a grand show.
Results from the blood test are identical to the previous time, so no changes in routine required.
Ah, Puddle..thank you for reporting your results .good news!
Listener...please don't feel sad...I think Bernie has given all of us
much ti think about and act on...who knows how much his campaign
strengthened the Dems sit in? I would guess quite a bit.
Gray here, but temps predicted to be up to 96 today...yikes!
Love to all.
Listener...many thanks for the Bernie c-span video.
Wonderful..and don't feel sad...he is not done making us
more progressive...it is just going to take a little more time!
Lays our specifics...on where he stands and what he might do..
and realistic about what he can't do. Loved it!
Nerve wracking weather day. Last twelve hours, banks and banks of great flashy thunderstorms marching noisily by. Lotsa blunder. But cool. And muggy.
Headed this a-way, apparently...severe thunderstorms predicted beginning later this evening!
Hope they are just blustery here, also. Nasty gray clouds beginning to move in now..
May it drop your temps. Didn't give us (me) much rain, despite a cartload of flood watches.
How lovely that there are still such jobs in our world! (And such sons. . . .)
Love Ptodd, lol!
Yeah, we all love Ptodd! LOL!
I love that the post included a photo of Son! :-)
BTW! I have it on high authority that at the VT meeting after California Bernie said he will not concede and not endorse, but will congratulate and will stand with HRC on specific items in the platform. That is all.
Bernie is NOT conceding.
http://heavy.com/news/2016/06/bernie-sanders-new-york-town-hall-speech-rally-photos-quotes-where-do-we-go-from-here-pictures-clinton-nyc-how-many/
He flipped another California county.
Plus he was on Colbert tonight and waxed wonderful.
Oh, and Colbert is going to be covering the R and D Conventions LIVE!
Nancy's news of the storm--
We were very lucky - dodged a bullet on this storm. The worst of it went south of us - Warm Springs reported 10" (!!!!) of rain, and the town of..Cumberland I think, in the Roanoke Valley anyway...is under water - the pictures on the news this morning were horrific - one piece of footage showed a house, engulfed in flames, being washed away - no details on what caused it to catch fire.
My rain gauge has about 1 1/3" total from the storm.
Shirlee, hope you're safe and dry and with power! xox
• Ralph Stanley, whose “mountain music” gave rise to bluegrass, dies at 89:
Ralph Stanley, the singer, banjo player and guardian of unvarnished mountain music who was also a pivotal figure in the recent revival of interest in bluegrass, died on Thursday. He was 89. [...]
Though widely regarded as one of the founding fathers of bluegrass, Mr. Stanley said on numerous occasions that he did not believe his music was representative of the genre.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/03/donald-trump-gop-mormon-vote-utah/474819/
Puddle...downtown GSO had one huge thunder boomer and some rain.
On the N.E. side of town where Brenda lives they pretty much had storms
all night.
So sorry to hear of Ralph Stanley's death. Came often to perform in the
Carolina Theatre just a block away....but only once since I have been here
and I had had some medical procedure that day..left me wiped out...could not
be there.
Gone...Doc, Merle and Richard Watson, Jean Ritchie, John Hartford, now
Ralph Stanley.... I am happy to have some of their CDs on my bed withi
easy reach as needed.
Sleep well all!
Hi Friends,
I'm glad you are all right, Puddle. The flooding and loss of life are tragic. This has been a very strange June. I'm afraid we are in for weather calamities until we can address the climate change we have effected.
We've been busy here, the busiest June I can remember with dental, doctor appointments, meetings, family events. David and I are putting together a DVD of the Bobcat Gulch wildfire that took place here in June of 2000. I'm gathering comments from newspapers to fit with the photos, and we hope to give it to our community to sell on July 4th. The proceeds will go to our new fire building. So, I'm working on that.
Politics is simply nuts. I can't remember a time like this. In the July issue of Harpers, Rebecca Solnit has a good essay on how people have bought into Reagans's depiction of the lone cowboy mentality, the idea that we don't need each other and that as individuals we are self sufficient and that's freedom. The Republican rhetoric of less government, lower taxes, free enterprise, has made for isolation, damage, and delusion when it dominates our sense of who we are.
And so we go on. I wish you all a nice day.
....and of course, beloved Pete Seeger and his wife Toshi!
I so miss your poetry and glad to see you are safe.
Glad to be safe. One county west and one county down was hit terrifically hard. Glad this was a miss.
Today bright and moderate temps.
Glad you and Nancy are safe, puddle!
Sometimes a house catches fire from a ruptured gas line.
Anyway, hallo from gorgeous Camden, Maine!
Just wanted to post a little HOPE:
The DNC has eliminated most of Bernie's platform. But! Some folks had foresight and have him either on the ballot anyway or as a registered write in candidate covering ALL 50 STATES!
https://plus.google.com/app/basic/stream/z12yjr2hkn3zjpadk23wcngjtvrksrkub
You know you're *old* when your little brothers look like this, lol! https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-vL5dTSnOGME/V2_6eFsktbI/AAAAAAAAm1Y/RZRsKe3-VIg/s640/blogger-image--1936965072.jpg
this year's election, lol!
Cheeto Jesus selling wolf tickets
Glad you're safe, Puddle! Thanks for the picture of your brothers.
New thread!!
Post a Comment