Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Too funny, and too true. . .

63 comments:

puddle said...

Am I wrong? Everyone in that pic but the turnip looks like Putin. . . .

listener said...

Spot on, as ever, puddle!

listener said...

NOTE: On Thursday I will be tending VT*Grandson (3.5 yrs old) and Little*VT*Granddaughter (16 months). Their Mama is away at the funeral of her 33 year old lifelong friend. Daddy took off Wednesday and I will do Thursday. It's our first FULL day this way, so send me good energy vibes!

puddle said...

Good vibes, grammy!

Shirlee, I don't know, as in, FER SHUR, Mercury Retrograde, but Clive was almost never wrong when he called to ask if it was--based on the drivers all around him. His observation is that the common driver just lost all good sense.

BTW was all ma tests were good. Lost five pounds, A1c was down 5/10 of a point, to 6.5. LDL was up, and I don't much give a rat's patootie--I'll go back on fish oil, but I am NOT taking statins. Jeepers, does big pharma just wipe their brains clean?

Shirlee Murphy said...

Congrats on the results, Puddle. Truly agree on statins.
Good luck .... What is Trump doing here...sure looks like sticking
his tongue on a cold pipe....got talked into it by the Russian
looking guys? Well, two of his choices down ...and DeVos
confirmed by a tie breaker...not a stellar record so far!q

Love to all......




listener said...

wOOt!, puddle, and rock on!! Just say NO to statins! Totally!! I have made friends with the medical term, "non-compliant." LOL!


listener said...

Trump claims he has an approval rating of 55%. He must have forgot to say it was DISapproval. LOL!
http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2017/02/16/donald-trump-poll-numbers-press-criticism.cnn

Gallup poll 4 days ago says Trump approval rating is new low at 40% approval, 55% disapproval.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/13/politics/donald-trump-approval-poll-low-gallup/

listener said...

Just before going to bed last night, I popped off my temporary crown, by mindlessly flossing where I am not supposed to. Argh. So I slept 2 hours and no more. Today was my first time ever taking care of VT*Grandson and VT*LIttlest*Granddaughter all day (9-5), with Mama out of state at the funeral of her 33 yr old friend (breast cancer recurrence...2 yr old son). Mind you, my dentist has two offices: one near my house one near theirs. So of course they said they could only see me MID-DAY near MY house. While 10" of snow was falling!!! Sigh. [And the plow guy neglected to plow in front of our garage, so I had to call and ask him to come back so I could get out at all.] Anyway, I opted for an appointment at 8:30am tomorrow instead. My tooth is super cold and hot sensitive; I can barely eat and feel yuk. On top of being utterly exhausted all day, the driving was horrendous both ways, taking over an hour instead of 40 minutes. But I made it. I am utterly SPENT.

Youngest was sure he'd need to come home at lunchtime to get Littlest to sleep, especially as Grandson tends to get bored while one is getting her to sleep and keeps coming up to the room keeping her entertained and awake. But it took me all of 12 minutes to do the deed. Littlest is completely comfortable with me (does a little dance when they tell her I'm coming!!), and she is a snuggle bug. But the real secret to my success was that I set Grandson up with a pre-approved video and homemade Grammie cupcake just before taking Littlest upstairs. Ha!

Tomorrow WILL be better!!! I came home to a much belated homemade Christmas gift from my best friend (she had misplaced it and finally found it! Ha!). They are hand-knit, fine-gauge super soft wool socks in a complex Celtic design and in beautiful marled green! Her gift made an otherwise grueling day (physically speaking) sweet and comfy at the last. I am deeply grateful! And my feet are so pretty!!!! ✨💛💖💚💖💛✨ Ahhhhhhhhh.

puddle said...

Sounds like Grammy aced it once again, lol! No substitute for experience, eh?

I think doctors love statins because they reliably reduce numbers. I have understood for long that the only group they actually help (lower death numbers in) is males who have already had one heart attack. Lowers the numbers of second ones. I was thinking about going back on niacin, did some more research, and it turns out that pretty much the same is true of niacin, lol! Without the awful side effects.

puddle said...

Around noon, a big buncha fellows in a large ladder truck came down the road. Beau was *thrilled*. . . . They appeared to be laying a new telephone wire. Called one over, yup, the place at the top of the hill. "You won't disturb my new line?" Oh, noes, Mz Scarlet! Like an idiot, I waited till they'd moved off to check: My new line, the computer line, dead as a door nail. Called in the repair. Monday. Called the tech. No answer. Left message. Waited a while for a miracle, then switched lines. So no phone, but I do have a computer.

Asked the helper bee where she was. Connecticut. Oh, so you didn't vote for Trump then? Very very softly: I did. She sounded so embarrassed, that my immediate response was, Oh,I'm so sorry!

listener said...

DT is exhibiting ALL of the 12 most common signs of a guilty person.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/veteran-public-defender-trump-is-exhibiting-all-of-the-12-most-common-signs-of-a-guilty-person/

listener said...

You can send a postcard to Speaker Paul Ryan through this site!
https://act.weareultraviolet.org/sign/paulryan_postcards/?source=RMfb_ryan

Pat said...

Good Morning Dear Friends,

I remember feeling nauseated during the last part of Trump's campaign, an anxiety that he might be elected, and then, confirmed, he was. How, how, how did this country come to this? The animosity, resentment, solidarity of Trump voters is a puzzle, but it tells me that this polarization and disparity among classes has been going on for years, since Reagan. How to become one country again? I think that this divisiveness was a result of outsourcing, of offshoring corporate profits, of the decline of unions, of trade agreements like NAFTA that resulted in factory closures here. When we ignore the common good, we will have consequences, and I think we are enmeshed in consequences now. A worry, for sure.

Thank your for your thoughts and good wishes. I'm still numb, can't quite believe this, but am day by day dealing with paperwork, gradually getting used to it's just me and Molly Magee my dog and Winter the cat. My sons have called daily, and my granddaughter Sasha messaged me this morning. Day by day. Love to you.

puddle said...

Yep, that old one day at a time thing. It works. And no way to speed ahead. Just work with the day you have. Glad you have Molly--they keep you engaged on some level.

Much warmer today than used to woulda been anything like normal. Week coming up looks to be just about the same. Nice to see California evening out on the drought. Hopping you're getting enough snow to get you through fire season.

Good news seems to be that the SCROTUS (so called ruler of) is being fairly ineffective due to plain old fashioned incompetency. The negative seems to be he's providing a fine cover for what the Publicans were planning to do in any case. I suppose that he could get so outrageous that they'll kneecap him themselves. But for now, as provider of smoke and mirrors. . . . looks like not.

listener said...

I've been running all weekend and plan to turn in early. But I got to see 5 of our 6 Grands this weekend, and that's always a joy. Sadly, two of them are grieving the death of their kitty, Fuzzy Bear, who died of natural causes. As he was 15 and they are 10 and 7, they have never known life without him. I was glad to be able to see them and given them hugs, especially the older, as she being a reader and he being an old kitty, they snugged up a lot the last few years. =^. .^=

listener said...

LOL, puddle! SCROTUS! 😂
Thanks! I needed that just now.

listener said...

Dear Pat,
I suspect that Numbness is a kindness our body uses so we can experience the pain in manageable amounts. Perhaps it gets us through the paperwork days. I wonder whether the paperwork helps us begin to realise our new reality, or whether it is busy-work that gets in the way of acceptance and moving forward. Well, as puddle says, you only have to deal with this day, this hour, this minute (let the Buddhist in you lead). You have such a good family; I'm grateful they are being attentive!
Prayers Ongoing. XOXOXXX

listener said...

Wait, wait, puddle. You forgot SCROTUS' first name:

http://madmax.wikia.com/wiki/Scabrous_Scrotus

Pat said...

Good Afternoon,
The car wouldn't start, and so we jumpstarted it, my neighbor and I, and I drove it to the auto repair shop. My son then gave me a ride home, and we had a good talk. sometimes when things seem their worst, they are opportunities for connection, and I'm grateful.

Yes, day by day, and yet there's an ongoing anxiety. I will keep trying to breathe deeply, calm myself, and manage the day. Thank you, Listener, for your thoughts, and you also, Puddle, Shirlee, Barb, and Jo.

I just can't watch much news lately. Trump is so outrageous, it feels like I'm in an auto demolition race. So, tonight, I'll do some reading and probably fall asleep early. My thoughts of gratitude for you.

puddle said...

No repair. Tomorrow. Dang.

Shirlee Murphy said...

Perfect, Pat! Auto Demolition Race it is! This country has
elected as its leader an illiterate, hate filled, thin skinned,.
.greedy man-child. Did I cover all bases? I wonder if any
of those who voted for him are having second thoughts?

But then, we have all on this blog, our friends and families,
our chosen homes. I worry most about the hatefulness
and bullying spreading from this administration outward.

Love you all!

puddle said...

Was 70º today, and supposed to be for the next three days. Beau's not acting like it--comes right back in, and doesn't ask to go out. He's clearly running on light, not heat. I'm just disoriented, lol! And the frogged up phone system isn't helping.

Trying to find a stride to hit, lol! None found so far.

listener said...

Two lives and loves entwined for 50 years are oned. To have your "better half" suddenly no longer accessible is harder than losing a leg. It's more like losing half of every cell nucleus. Every fiber of your being must feel discombobulated and confused. While your brain knows what happened and knows you can still function, I would think it would take awhile for your body to believe it, for so much to be integrated with present stark reality. I would think that your being would resist or at least resent that reality to some degree. Maybe it would help to think of that feeling of anxiety as a positive reminder of the scope of your loss; that is, a reminder of the depth and beauty of all that you and David found, created and became together. I often think of anxiety as a kind of energy in the body, somewhat free floating. When you experience it, give it somewhere to land. Maybe take a moment and celebrate something about your life with David that made you a better person...the person you still are. 💛

listener said...

Aw, puddle, I'm sorry you had to wait a whole 'nother day! I hope it's because your guy was on strike against DT.

listener said...

Shirlee...add "mentally ill" to your DT list and you've got it just about right.

Thanks for the reminder about home and loved ones. So many have much more to fear than we. 😕

Jo_in_Vermont said...

Good morning ladies! Stumbled upon this, I don't think all Trump supporters are happy. These are comments by Hannity's followers!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sean-hannity-question-of-the-day_us_58a3f3b3e4b0ab2d2b1a7c44

Jo_in_Vermont said...

sending you love and light Pat.

puddle said...

Here ya go, Jo!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sean-hannity-question-of-the-day_us_58a3f3b3e4b0ab2d2b1a7c44

puddle said...

Still no repair. Ack.

puddle said...

No repair yet. I think not today. Could be wrong. Pray I will be. Bit of light left.

Pat said...

Thank you, Listener. Yes, what a gift of 50 years in my life, to love and be loved, to learn, to grow, to be with each other. I do feel half gone, Listener, but I am still grateful. I'm thinking, I'm sharing what so many have experienced, the loss of loved ones, and they continue on. As humans we really are one, connected to each other in our experiences and in our choices to love, to give, to live each day the best we can.

I haven't been watching much news. Trump and all the right wing nationalism is more than I can stand right now.

Warm, sunny day today, paperwork, and little errands. Love to you.

listener said...

Ahhh, Pat, I hear you. Aren't humans amazing creatures to pick up, tucking all that we are and have lived into our hearts and packs, and simply continuing? Whatever we feel, moment by moment, our central truths guide us and light our path. It is so good to know and feel that we are so intricately connected, and not alone. And imagine! Half of you has already made it into eternity...! LOVE! 💛

listener said...

Trump's Russia Scandal Takes An Unexpected Turn
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trumps-russia-scandal-takes-unexpected-turn

listener said...

Egads, puddle! Those guys had better show up SOON!!

puddle said...

It's worse--turns out the other line, this one, can get online, and I can call from it, but you can't call in. The caller gets a regular ring tone, but it doesn't ring in the house. So now have two trubble tickets up. Note on the days old ticket is that he *will* be here tomorrow. And I know him, and he knows me, so. . . .

puddle said...

It’s 2:46 pee-em, and I’m writing this on an open email. Jayson is in the road, replacing the rest of my phone line, from pole to house. The whole line has been replaced from the junction box to the pole. With a little bit of luck, I’ll have a much better line than I’ve ever had. And with a lot, an exponentially better connection than I’ve ever had. I could use some of that luck, just now. Answered prayers, mebbe?

Pat, listener. . . . I look at you long-termers (and my sis who’s 43 years along), and feel such great joy for you all. And yet, I don’t really feel any regrets for my life. I’ve have two marriages which were great for a while, with good men whom I loved, and like. Do I wish they’d lasted? Sure. But I have to face that had they lasted, I would have forgone Edwin, and in my view, that would have been a tragedy. It used to feel to me at times that we’d spent our whole lives getting ready for each other! Did we fight? Never. We’d both reached a space that communicated easily, what once would have been a fight, or fuss, reached just enough facial expression to signal the other we were upset, or about to be upset, so we sat, asked and answered, hugged and traveled on. Amazing to me then, and thinking on it now, I wouldn’t trade the lovely sense of homecoming, for one thing else. . . . Not even a lifetime of toast and marmalade.

puddle said...

We came, our dancing shoes broken in, our tickets punched, ready for joy. And found it. I wish we'd had it longer, but truly, it was enough. And more to follow.

There's a sweetness in knowing each other's stories because you lived them together. And also, hearing the first time the wondrous tales which you didn't live with them. The fun of seeing through their eyes what you didn't see along with them.

Pat said...

Thank you, Puddle. This is just beautiful, joyous. Our lives are individual, and living them fully and with our love is the meaning of our lives. I'll reread this.

listener said...

"Not even a lifetime of toast and marmalade. "

Beautiful. I think we long timers came to that Edwin place bit by bit. It really is sweet. ♥

Shirlee Murphy said...

Are we born destined to have true happiness with just that one person---
no matter how long it takes us to find it/track it/ snatch it? It felt,like
that for me.

Happy, happy for Puddle's new communication system(s)!

Sunny and sixties in GSO today!

Love to all...

listener said...

THIS is what faith does:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/us/california-immigrant-safe-houses/index.html?adkey=bn

puddle said...

That is lovely, listener.

Pat said...

Good Morning,
About ten inches of snow here, still coming down.

A morning poem

Oh World, Do You Not Notice?

I would throw flowers
against the snow
the blurring whiteness
continuing despite
my loss of you
ignoring the disaster
continuing, continuing
no respite in the pouring
silences, the vacancy
the trembling in your absence.

Shirlee Murphy said...

Oh, Pat...no words....lovely, etc.

Love to all

listener said...

Pat, that is eloquent. And so soon. Poetry often takes a long time to surface. But then, this one has been 50 years in the making.

I especially honour and deeply appreciate the articulation of the last line.
That is the best use of the word "trembling" I have ever beheld.

Sending Love for the hours with lack of respite and trembling absence. ♥ ♡ ♥

listener said...

We need a Media MARCH!!! Is one being planned?
This nation needs to stand up for Free Speech and Freedom of the Press!!!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/24/us/politics/white-house-sean-spicer-briefing.html?_r=0

Pat said...

Good Morning,
Cold, windy, show laden day. It makes me appreciate the gas fireplace, go up to it, stand in front of it, warm my backside, then sit in a chair. Ah, the warmth.

Thank you Shirlee and Listener for your support and kind comments.
Here's another one today that I wrote four years ago. I'm feeling like the character in it.
Life Changes


So much has to do

With hope, the sense

Of light, of kindness

And goodness, and beauty

Now that we can be

Aware, sit for a while

Talk to a friend. Before

Our lives were a scurrying

Racing across the meadow

Chased by hawks, searching

For sustenance, a place,

Watching, moving, gathering.

What to do now that we haven’t

The need to leap to the tree

Bounding from branch to branch

Finding nuts and hiding them.

What’s an old squirrel to do?

listener said...

THIS is not okay. Can anyone explain why on Earth they would detain an Australian (any Australian!) and why a famous Australian who had been to the USA 116 times before? I want an explanation!!

MEM FOX!?!! Seriously?!!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/25/australian-childrens-author-mem-fox-detained-by-us-border-control-i-sobbed-like-a-baby

whitznd said...

It's always so nice to come back here. Lots going on... Lovely sentiments regarding old marriages. Was married to one man for 30 years. Good times, bad times. Raised my children with not much help from him. But with Burt, it's like it's the way life should be.

Lovely poetry, Pat and lovely sentiments, Listener. Good to see you Shirlee!

So sad what Drumph has unleashed on the world with his horrid policies.

Love to all

listener said...

Pat, very fitting. It works, that way.

It also works the other way, lately. Having had a spot in which to rest, suddenly we are scurrying again, "watching, moving gathering", working out what to do with nuts.

listener said...

The DT - Russia Connection
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsOuSmSLGOs

listener said...

* "watching, moving, gathering"

Pat said...

Great reply,"working out what to do with nuts" a laugh here.

puddle said...

Phone lines/computers/bah humbug. Spent a good part of yesterday trying to get the computer to dial. Line was actually good (would dial a telephone). Bah, bah, bah.

Saving grace, the first two years of House of Cards came. Funny--politics, not of good people, like West Wing. But NOT politics of stoopid, vain, morons either. Which actually was a relief. The series logo has an upside down flag.

Been thinking, wondering, what kind of deficit goes through 70 years of living and learns no lessons? Is content to seem rather than to be? What kind of yawning hole for a soul is filled with "He graduated first in his class," when one knows that to be a lie? When that pathological incuriosity has destroyed the world, your country, your fortune and your family--what then? When one has sold their soul, not even for gold, but for fool's gold?

listener said...

Given the new DNC Chair, it's clear the DNC has learned NOTHING from this election.
I wash my hands of them. I want a third party geared for the younger generation!

From NBC poll:

Republican support of DT: Approval 86% Disapproval 9%

Democrat Support of DT: Approval 9% Disapproval 86%

Independent Support of DT: Approval 37% Disapproval 48%

It's clear that if the DNC had at least had Bernie as VP, it would have been a landslide.

listener said...

"working out what to do with nuts."

Glad to have given you a laugh, Pat!

It's all too true!

whitznd said...

I had to hide a post from a friend who was a Hillary supporter because she had put a picture of Bernie up and said something to the effect the people who voted for this POS are to blame for the Hillary and DNC downfall. Ugh! They are so blind.

I'll have to check out that Standing Rock when I'm not at work, thanks Listener.

much love to all peeps here.



listener said...

Thanks, Barb. I hope with all my heart that the Court can still stop the Dakota Access Pipeline.

I'm became in Independent when I saw how HD was treated in Iowa. This latest DNC vote has made it clear to me that I'm NEVER going back to the Democratic Party. If I were Jewish, I'd spit on the floor. Come to think of it, given how much solidarity I am feeling towards the Jewish community today, I might spit in solidarity.

There. I did.

listener said...

Holy Moly, even W thinks we need a special prosecutor.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/321313-george-w-bush-we-need-answers-on-trump-team-ties-to-russia

listener said...

Oh my goodness! Would you like to hear something good for a change?

Click, scroll down and listen to Valarie Kaum's amazing, uplifting speech!!!
http://www.commondreams.org/further/2017/01/27/we-must-breathe-and-then-push

"In her speech, Kaur movingly told stories from her life - her grandfather imprisoned for his faith and other-ness, her fears about 'raising a brown boy in America,' her fervent imagining of the story of America as 'one long labor,' with a finer country 'waiting to be born.' Let it be so."

💖 So inspiring!! 💖

listener said...

Susan Davidson of the Dean blog is sending postcards that show a photo of Ryan, McConnell, DT and Bannon and the caption says "Proof you don't need to fly planes into buildings to destroy a country!"

While I want to keep what I send civil, I have to say I think that's brilliant!

puddle said...

Lotsa blogger probs. Werking on it. Pray.

puddle said...

New thread! And it's a doozy!