It's such a simple thing, this sign of respect that we show for Howard. It's a message to Howard and all who read it that we are thankful that he brought us together, gave us hope and reminded us all that we have the power if we choose to use it. And he has convinced sooo many people to use it!
Thank you Howard for bringing so many bright, fascinating, hard working people together - the friends that I've made through you will surely last me a lifetime!

10 comments:
Gotta say it: Howard IS first!! That's all. No more.
Jo, there's a post in draft next time you want it. I posted it while you were posting this, lol! So went back and drafted it.
Yanno? I like many of the new things the "updated" interface can do, but navigation has become much harder.
Since today is THURSDAY, if not the 29th, I wonder if today will be the BBB's last day?
Pity what the date mixup *says* about DFA and its relationship with its bloggers. . . . Talk about benign neglect.
Oh, dear, lol! The *recipe* thang again. Wonder exactly what the real objection is? I can see sea's problem: if you have IBS, food is probably not a lot of fun. But the other two? Got me.
I used to laugh at Kos where the anti-troll program is to post recipes. Maybe they think that's what it's all about?
Come on kids, pipe up! Feeling all alone here. . . .
yoo hoo! I'm back! I've been resting my bones from an intensive PT visit. I like the direction that it's going and I find that this old bod is a lot stronger than I thought it was!
it's very clear that sea's agenda on the blog will stay true to the end. what a miserable existence, eh?
Jo, really glad to hear you're mending so well! And yep, I think we're all stronger than we think we are.
sea's sad. No getting around that. I think I would just once like to have seen her *own* what she does. But expect that's too much to expect.
Ah--Double Duty Doctor Day here! Maybe better than messing up two days!
They are good--and needed--but i have better things to do!
I think on the dfa thread I saw a discussion of end-of-life choices.
I feel very strongly that is an important choice to make ahead of time. There are too many families wondering what to do, too much money wasted on treatments with no results,etc. etc. After I moved to NC and had to do a new will I have what I want. It may be selfish but it seems the last choice in life should be our own!
Shirlee, I think you're right about doubling up, lol! At least if they're in the same town. I was very grateful that UVA worked so hard keeping appts, tests, procedures on the same day, since they were a four hour round trip for me.
As for living wills? I dunno. Had a friend who'd *talked* with his wife about what to do if he was in a coma. He thought he'd like the plug pulled. Came the day, she couldn't do it. And after six weeks in a coma (Legionnaire's Disease), he came out of it, and has lived without consequences for ten more years, so far.
Hey all! I'm loving that we have this Kumbaya-style blog to come to now. It doesn't bother me that DemFA isn't part of this now. DemFA was never DeanFA. WE are DEAN.
Post a Comment