Will we continue the conversation that we started more than 9 years ago or will we go our seperate ways? I hope you'll join me. Most days I'll just throw up a generic, non-topic thread - which is good because few of us seem to stay on topic!
Hi--all. Moved from Texas and away from Ron Paul! thanks Jo for continuing this discussion. I have followed it daily but found it impossible to get back on. In NC we are fighting an amendment limiting legal marriage to one man and one woman. It feels like the R's thought only THEY would vote in their primary. I think they miscalculated. Lots of signs opposing it popping up all over Greensboro.
*Knew* I loved Greensboro for more than one reason. . . .
I was going to ask if the Museum was open, but I googled, and see that it is. I stumbled on the site six years ago, but it wasn't ready. Still, it was awesome to just put my hand on the window. . . .
By Roberta Rampton WASHINGTON, April 18 (Reuters) - The U.S. House of Representatives is scheduled to vote on the Keystone XL project for the fifth time in two years on Wednesday, but the Nebraska Republican who has championed the oil pipeline from Canada knows it well may not be the last.
1. AP Newsbreak: EPA to reduce gas drilling pollution
The Associated Press - 14 minutes ago AP Newsbreak: EPA to reduce gas drilling pollution. By DINA CAPPIELLO, Associated Press – 1 minute ago. WASHINGTON (AP) — The ...
Ok, here I am. Glad I came across your link, Jo. I do NOT want to give up this community. It is very dear to me and I consider you all my close friends.
Just figuring out how to reply here! I have been around since the VERY beginning--just never had much luck posting--trouble signing in and RA. And, yes Puddle there are many, many reasons to love Greensboro--lots of interest in art, theater, restoring historical sites etc. And the civil rights museum is awesome. Plus this is the tidiest town I have ever lived in. Street sweeping machines out at 3:00AM, Re-cycle and garbage trucks at 5:00 --and just to get every last bit at 8:00 there are men in green vests and sticks picking up the last tiny bits of litter--and then if needed a small brush along the edge of the sidewalk where it meets a building!
Jo--if this is too much non-political talk just x-it. but, I do love the place.
Thanks for making the link, Puddle.I was very impressed with the video--I guess because these are good Greensborians-I already knew about the musical talent in the area!
I don't know which fund-raising wizard decided that adding the words "right now" to their requests for contributions was a good idea. But, it really irritates me. Early on I decide which candidates and/or positions I can afford to send a few bucks to.
Every group seems to be using it--and sometimes the candidates. I realize that positions and events change during the campaigns but it just doesn't seem very smart to make small donors feel guilty every time something comes down the pike!
There- got that off my chest! (Where does THAT phrase come from anyway?)
Good Morning--and Happy Birthday to Mr. Wendell Berry! We know you "will never own a computer" but living in this century the interne and YouTube have scooped you up, my friend. Your wise thoughts and words are therefore available to more and more people!!!! Have a happy day---
39 comments:
Will we continue the conversation that we started more than 9 years ago or will we go our seperate ways? I hope you'll join me. Most days I'll just throw up a generic, non-topic thread - which is good because few of us seem to stay on topic!
Thank you!! I was thinking about reviving the Sunshine blog, lol! You saved me! xox
No pics, no live links, lol! Talk about back to the future. . . . Just like the original blog.
http://bfa3-intothefuture.blogspot.com/
lol! I'll fix that - went for the basics to start. ;)
ahhhh, I see. blogger no let us do that. if this has any traffic I'll look into other blog software. ;)
Disquis? HEP is doing ECHO (against our will), which is quitting in six months, so we may be back to this. . . .
Hi--all. Moved from Texas and away from Ron Paul! thanks Jo
for continuing this discussion. I have followed it daily but found it impossible to get back on. In NC we are fighting an amendment limiting legal marriage to one man and one woman. It feels like the R's thought only THEY would vote in their primary. I think they miscalculated. Lots of signs opposing it popping up all over Greensboro.
Disquis is just a commenting system that hooks into blogger (somehow)(I have no idea how).
Oops! That is *Disgus*. . . .
Hi, Shirlee! Nice to see a new face, :).
hi Shirlee! welcome! good luck - NC is better thn TX I think!
*Knew* I loved Greensboro for more than one reason. . . .
I was going to ask if the Museum was open, but I googled, and see that it is. I stumbled on the site six years ago, but it wasn't ready. Still, it was awesome to just put my hand on the window. . . .
http://www.sitins.com/future.shtml
good link puddle, thank you!
Poo! Got it wrong *twice* lol!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disqus
blog is 2.5 hours old and so far no insults or personal attacks - kewl!
Thanks Jo, I was hoping the watercooler would not die.
Deaniac
* Wednesday vote is fifth for House on pipeline
* White House has threatened to veto bill
* Rep Lee Terry-"It may not be the last rodeo."
By Roberta Rampton
WASHINGTON, April 18 (Reuters) - The U.S. House of Representatives is scheduled to vote on the Keystone XL project for the fifth time in two years on Wednesday, but the Nebraska Republican who has championed the oil pipeline from Canada knows it well may not be the last.
my pleasure Deaniac! life wouldn't be the same without the bfa bloggers. ;)
BREAKING
WALA-TV FOX10
1.
AP Newsbreak: EPA to reduce gas drilling pollution
The Associated Press - 14 minutes ago
AP Newsbreak: EPA to reduce gas drilling pollution. By DINA CAPPIELLO, Associated Press – 1 minute ago. WASHINGTON (AP) — The ...
Ok, here I am. Glad I came across your link, Jo. I do NOT want to give up this community. It is very dear to me and I consider you all my close friends.
Ok, so how do I get my picture up? or is that a google thing?
it is a google thing, but blogger is run by google now so you can probably just update your blogger profile.
this is Barbara, right? lol!
barb, if you have it on your google profile (blog), it'll go up here.
hmm, i have a google account and profile, but I don't know about a "blog". I'll go check
Ok, I put up a new photo. One I think appropriate for this blog, do I have to sign out and sign back in for it to take affect?
I'll do that.
hmm, no not yet.
Click on your own name, Barb:
took me here, and still no photo--
http://www.blogger.com/profile/12851885840326616176
New post is up!
Just figuring out how to reply here! I have been around since the VERY beginning--just never had much luck posting--trouble signing in and RA.
And, yes Puddle there are many, many reasons to love Greensboro--lots of interest in art, theater, restoring historical sites etc.
And the civil rights museum is awesome. Plus this is the tidiest town I have ever lived in. Street sweeping machines out at 3:00AM, Re-cycle and garbage trucks at 5:00 --and just to get every last bit at 8:00 there are men in green vests and sticks picking up the last tiny bits of litter--and then if needed a small brush along the edge of the sidewalk where it meets a building!
Jo--if this is too much non-political talk just x-it. but, I do love the place.
Shirlee I am all for any kind of conversation - I love to hear about other's lives and homes!
there's a new thread so if you clik on the name of the blog at the top of the page it will take you back to HOME to find it.
Hi everyone!
Jo thanks so much for this space. Hello to friends old and new!
Denise in San Mateo County
Thanks for making the link, Puddle.I was very impressed with the video--I guess because these are good Greensborians-I already knew about the musical talent in the area!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Yeeeeeaaaaaaggggghhhhhh!!
I see DEAN PEOPLE~!!! :-D
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Echo that listener!
T2T4 Jo!
Off to bed to rest and recoup!
Good night all--
and now my e-mail is not working--!!!!
Political Complaint--
I don't know which fund-raising wizard decided that adding the words "right now"
to their requests for contributions was a good idea. But, it really irritates me.
Early on I decide which candidates and/or positions I can afford to send a few bucks to.
Every group seems to be using it--and sometimes the candidates. I realize that positions and events change during the campaigns but it just doesn't seem very smart to make small donors feel guilty every time something comes down the pike!
There- got that off my chest! (Where does THAT phrase come from anyway?)
Off for a late morning nap--
Thanks for the updated link, Puddle.
Always did think Chris Hedges was a bit "off"---
Good Morning--and Happy Birthday to Mr. Wendell Berry! We know you "will never own a computer" but living in this century the interne and YouTube have scooped you up, my friend. Your wise thoughts and words are therefore available to more and more people!!!!
Have a happy day---
Post a Comment